59 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think we may have arrived at the point where Seventies fashions have gone past laughable bad taste, and arrived at bizarre historical artifact that kids find hard to imagine being real, like the Victorian bustle or court dress in 17th century France.

Edit: was Crown Court any good? I remember watching it when I was wee, but it's a very long time ago.

Edited by BFTD

25 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think we may have arrived at the point where Seventies fashions have gone past laughable bad taste, and arrived at bizarre historical artifact that kids find hard to imagine being real, like the Victorian bustle or court dress in 17th century France.

Edit: was Crown Court any good? I remember watching it when I was wee, but it's a very long time ago.

I’ll be honest it looked like boring shite. It seemed to be on just after lunchtimes so I remember hearing the feem toon and then I was back on my Raleigh Ace and off to school again.

Much like a blue rinse, the ludicrous syrup appears to have become a bygone fashion of a generation who are no longer with us  :(

In order to keep this proud British tradition alive, do we have any brave P&Bers willing to don a ridiculous rug, or attempt a combover that screams "I need help moving past this difficult first stage of grief"?

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Crown Court was better than school, so was General Hospital. I'm a KC and a surgeon because I watched them rather than waste time on O grades.

You should have watched The World at War, it might have dropped a few hints about what a tank is.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

In order to keep this proud British tradition alive, do we have any brave P&Bers willing to don a ridiculous rug, or attempt a combover that screams "I need help moving past this difficult first stage of grief"?

This is crying out for a new BFTD thread - "P&B baldies" with pics of the offending bonce, from foreheid up*?

*unnecessary, but we all need a good laugh.................

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You should have watched The World at War, it might have dropped a few hints about what a tank is.

As I've already explained, in my day if it had tracks like a bulldozer and a big gun on the top it was a tank. Other vehicles were not, I realise time has moved on and the definition of vehicles has progressed.

To me it's a bit like gender identity. You might identify as a mobile artillery vehicle, but you still have tracks and a gun, you are therefore a tank.