11 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

No dangerous flares in this one. 

"Just sit there, you are not going to go anywhere" as the Blue Peter guy climbs over the ledge and tries to balance himself on a tiny piece of wood. In the days before the woke brigade insisted on PC nonsense like harnesses etc. 

I remember that story being in the papers. Bit surprising that they weren't used by paparazzi for rags like the Daily Heil, considering a few years later they'd all be lying in gutters outside nightclubs taking pictures up young women's dresses.

I know people rip the heid aff to some weird things, but if anyone's seen those example pictures from airport scanners, I'd have thought it would look pretty similar. Hot, uncensored pictures in the spoiler:

Spoiler

tsa_body_scanner_x_post.png

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I remember that story being in the papers. Bit surprising that they weren't used by paparazzi for rags like the Daily Heil, considering a few years later they'd all be lying in gutters outside nightclubs taking pictures up young women's dresses.

I know people rip the heid aff to some weird things, but if anyone's seen those example pictures from airport scanners, I'd have thought it would look pretty similar. Hot, uncensored pictures in the spoiler:

Hide contents

tsa_body_scanner_x_post.png

Fuk it, wid.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Why are people posting old clips of football goals on twitter. I’m confused

I think it originally started when someone asked folk to post clips that didn't match the understated tweet from the opposition (like if the other team said "goal. Adam scores" but it was from halfway) but then other folks have just randomly posted goals they like.

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Why are people posting old clips of football goals on twitter. I’m confused

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think it originally started when someone asked folk to post clips that didn't match the understated tweet from the opposition (like if the other team said "goal. Adam scores" but it was from halfway) but then other folks have just randomly posted goals they like.

Another current "trend" is posting a player montage with some random indie song over it.

On 03/09/2024 at 15:26, ScotiaNostra said:

looking forward to seeing that parked over 2 spaces at the local supermarket

You won't be seeing it in the UK or the EU any time soon, Cybertrucks are nowhere near meeting safety requirements. Two main problems are that they have no crumple zone so in a crash all the energy is passed straight onto the occupants, and they will murder any pedestrians they hit.

In the USA they got around these issues by having the vehicle classified as a light truck instead of a car. Less regulation on light trucks is partially why pick-up trucks are so popular in the USA, they're relatively cheaper because they don't have the same safety features. It's also partially why the US' road death rate is high and rising, while it's generally falling in the developed world. Folk fear guns in the USA, but it's the roads that will get you. They're now worse than Russia

image.thumb.png.afc1e2183075e12ca34f0972e0ac4af7.png

image.thumb.png.d2002e981fdd86c86a00b90cc692b243.png