On 16/12/2020 at 15:32, KingRocketman II said:

it is not "well-known" at all. Govanhill takes in a lot of nice streets and localities, extending to Queens Park. It is Allison Street and some immediate streets around there that is the target/"concern" for the likes of that Facbook p***k. Victoria Road is lively, great to eat/drink along, and has a real eclectic mix of shops along with a fantastic new cycle lane. 

Not bashing the area because as you say there is plenty of nice areas around it, but Allison Street is like nowhere else in Glasgow. Even the way the traffic moves along the street with no road markings or lanes painted on the road, it just gives off the feeling of lawlessness. You do see groups of men standing around the street corners at all hours of the day, but they could be standing organising a whip round for a local charity or they could be running a drugs empire, I don’t know and wouldn’t want to assume in the same way I don’t assume what two white guys standing outside a close are doing either. 

Worked with a Pakistani boy a couple of years ago who took me to a halal bakery on Allison Street, the Delicious Corner I think it’s called, and their mince samosas and pastries are top class, however it wouldn’t have been a place I would have went to if I hadn’t been with him. Wether that’s to do with my own prejudices or the vibe the area gives off who knows. Haven’t even watched that guys Facebook video and have no intention to either, as from what I’ve heard it’s just veiled racism and multiple untruths. 

This is amazing. I'd forgotten about her stuff since 2014 and the number of arms and legs her gridt has sprouted since then is incredible.
The pretending to have short term memory loss story sounds too much but who knows. My Goldwater rule breaking diagnosis is borderline personality disorder.

I follow her and mentioned to someone I know that she seems to have a life of constant stuff happening. I lost track of her until I saw her Covid article and reading her stuff around then was bizarre. A friend sent me on the above links, it’s darkly fascinating. Normally you could have a laugh about it but the stuff from her sisters is very sad and the fact that her kids seem to be roped into every little twist and turn is also a bit worrying.

33 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

cos(WED): Bioshock Infinite's Robert & Rosalind Lutece, by Ginger Armadillo  Costumes — Lifted Geek

I don’t know who they are but Owen and his sister look like they’re from a horror movie. I’m imagining some thing a bit like psycho with a brother/sister owning a motel in the middle of nowhere with Owen being the overly chatty one and the sister sitting in the back room not saying a word but quite clearly potting the gruesome murder of every guest that comes to stay.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I don’t know who they are but Owen and his sister look like they’re from a horror movie. I’m imagining some thing a bit like psycho with a brother/sister owning a motel in the middle of nowhere with Owen being the overly chatty one and the sister sitting in the back room not saying a word but quite clearly potting the gruesome murder of every guest that comes to stay.

Don't worry, NotThePars will be along eventually to explain. 

How do people with big Twitter followings cope, I presume none of them have notifications turned on? I tweeted something this morning that's been liked about 450 times and I feel like my phone hasn't stopped all day.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

How do people with big Twitter followings cope, I presume none of them have notifications turned on? I tweeted something you'd morning that's been liked about 450 times and I feel like my phone hasn't stopped all day.

During Euro 2016 I had a tweet go viral, it got tens of thousands of likes and retweets. My phone just basically buzzed and pinged constantly until I disabled all notifications. It was funny, you could see the geographic spread of the tweet, it was Scottish fans first, then Aston Villa fans strangely, then Liverpool fans and a few hours later London clubs fans were on it.

How do people with big Twitter followings cope, I presume none of them have notifications turned on? I tweeted something this morning that's been liked about 450 times and I feel like my phone hasn't stopped all day.
Not got that big a following, but I do the Petershill twitter account and this was the tweet that had my phone pinging the most by a country mile. It would randomly get a retweet or a like months later.20201227_173152.jpg

24 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

@Busta Nut might have some experience of this iirc?