9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Goodwillie's post is barely intelligible.  I would suggest that he's talking bollocks, I bet newspapers and media would be falling over themselves to get an interview with him.

The whole thing is strange - if I recall correctly he isn't a full-time professional footballer any more, he has a day job (electrician I believe?) and the clubs he's signing for are pretty much on the level of park leagues.  Surely he realised after he got binned off by Livingston juniors or whichever regional English team he went to that it wasn't going to happen for him?  He keeps exposing himself to this and now seems to be claiming victimhood.

The other strange thing is if he'd stayed at Clyde he would likely still be playing league football.

Has he no shame?

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Goodwillie's post is barely intelligible.  I would suggest that he's talking bollocks, I bet newspapers and media would be falling over themselves to get an interview with him.

The whole thing is strange - if I recall correctly he isn't a full-time professional footballer any more, he has a day job (electrician I believe?) and the clubs he's signing for are pretty much on the level of park leagues.  Surely he realised after he got binned off by Livingston juniors or whichever regional English team he went to that it wasn't going to happen for him?  He keeps exposing himself to this and now seems to be claiming victimhood.

The other strange thing is if he'd stayed at Clyde he would likely still be playing league football.

The clubs have a lot to answer for too. If they are going to sign him, then they should have the balls to go through with it, and not ditch him again at the sign of the first angry tweet 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The clubs have a lot to answer for too. If they are going to sign him, then they should have the balls to go through with it, and not ditch him again at the sign of the first angry tweet 

Or maybe do their homework and think about the likely (justified) reaction to signing a rapist. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Or maybe do their homework and think about the likely (justified) reaction to signing a rapist. 

I'm working on the assumption that they have done their homework, but then their arse collapses when the reality hits home on social media.

Fwiw I wouldn't have him anywhere near my club.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Barry Bannan copping flak for sharing Goodwillie’s post on Instagram with a comment calling him a “top man”.

I think this is what is most incredible about it. Other footballers have seen all the shit he's taking, have seen the boy hounded out of clubs and watched any of his supporters be shot down, yet they still think it's wise to call a rapist a top man. 

A couple of Dumbarton players have shared the statement as well, albeit without any comment, but I'd rather they just kept their mouths (or social media pages) quiet. 

I won't link to it, because f**k that c**t, but Goodwillies "explanation" is as expected. A meandering, self indulgent, plea for people to pity how hard lifes been for him since he raped someone.

23 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Love how the guy in the blue t-shirt has seen what has happen and just stands at the side of the car with his fingers over his ears for a second

On 29/06/2023 at 11:29, Jan Vojáček said:

Can confirm. I personally know of two reporters (one of whom is a Clyde fan too fwiw) who tried several times unsuccessfully to get an interview with him, and that's only in my friend group. There will absolutely have been others too, and I could probably name a good few who I suspect would've tried.

Any reporter with any news-sense at all about them would take it on. An exclusive chat with him, regardless of what you think about him, would get clicks and sell papers. I'd read it. It might disgust me and anger me. But I'd still read it.

I suspect where it's fallen down (and I have no knowledge here at all) is in how he wants it framed. He will (I'd imagine) want it framed around 'I feel an injustice' or 'my career has been lost, let me restart it' and no reporter or editor would allow that or any form of victim blaming. It probably would've been something you could get away with 20 years ago or so, but thankfully times (and morals) have changed.

It annoys me when I see people saying his livelihood has been taken away from him and that he deserves to earn a living. He does. Aye. But playing football is a privilege as well as a job, and he lost that privilege when a civil trial judged him to be a rapist. That won't stop him from earning an honest wage in another industry, but it should stop him being in the industry he is in. Just as he would've lost his job in the same circumstances if he had been a politician, a teacher or even a journalist. Can you imagine Reporting Scotland being fronted by someone with his background? (for example).

I see he's back, and finishes with this:

The press wouldn't listen to my story. To my story isn't interesting enough for the press. To, please do no contact me as I don't want the attention despite making a social media account purely for the attention.

It makes me despair just how many people you see defending him. Thankfully nobody (yet) I know personally has. But they will be getting a swift unfollowing if they do.

20 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Love how the guy in the blue t-shirt has seen what has happen and just stands at the side of the car with his fingers over his ears for a second

Would like to see a picture of the place after all that finished…

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone else having issues with twitter? Been getting a rate limited exceeded for the past few hours. 

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yeah I've been getting "cannot retrieve tweets at this time" message for a few hours. 

Has been having massive issue all morning here…I guess all afternoon there.