Unpopular opinions.

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
31 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:
Yup. I prefer ebay for rapidly grown children. At least I feel less guilty about 2nd hand sweat shop clothes. 

We've got 3 boys and as they tend to outgrow clothes as opposed to wearing them out my wife kept the clothes so some of these clothes are 11 years old now and still look like new. Admittedly, none of these clothes came from Primark.

I used to get my older 2 sisters' hand me downs. As you could imagine I wasn't impressed, especially with trousers that zipped at the sides. 

59 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i went into dundee primark 6 months ago and walked straight back out all i wanted was a cheap suit for my grandads funeral, as mine is too big, but walked into complete carnage. scheme goblins dragging their rancid offspring around the place, folk frantically searching through racks of £3 tshirts and clothes all over the floor. it was like Iraq.

You're saying that Primark in Iraq is equivalent to the Overgate?

That photo isn’t from a protest against Greggs, it’s from an EDL march. The police contained them there, nothing to do with veganism.

My friend is vegan and when she was visiting a few months ago we went out to a vegan restaurant in Leith, it was very nice. I had a seitan burger, it was very nice. I couldn’t do it all the time though and every person working in the place was whippet thin.
Absolutely! And ( "OTB" Thread for this ) Cosgrove yesterday on OTB referred to the photo as an anti-Greggs vegan roll protest, having clearly only lazily skimmed this thread earlier. Resorting to the tactics of Clickbait Tam.

On 05/01/2019 at 23:03, NotThePars said:

Given that list includes obvious danger Morrissey, I agree.

Someone since pointed out that Piers Morgan and Greggs are allegedly part of the same PR agency and now I'm convinced it was a publicity stunt to drum up sales.

That was me. Just like the so called ‘banned’ Iceland ad before Christmas. These things aren’t an accident.

off back to reading my private eye!

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely believe that people who exclaim a deep dislike for utterly standard and inoffensive foods like macaroni cheese are doing so purely for attention.

For me it's the smell that I can't stomach. For as long as I can remember, macaroni cheese has had a rancid, sour smell that gives me the boak. 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Primark's great if you wake up in a back garden somewhere having shit yourself and need a full set of clothes for under £20. 

You would probably still smell better than half their clientele.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I used to get my older 2 sisters' hand me downs. As you could imagine I wasn't impressed, especially with trousers that zipped at the sides. 

You were fine with the dresses?

For me it's the smell that I can't stomach. For as long as I can remember, macaroni cheese has had a rancid, sour smell that gives me the boak. 

I used to be the same since a flatmate at uni used to eat that Kraft Cheesy Pasta shite that was orange and stunk the place out for weeks. He called it Mac and Cheese and I naively assumed that is what it was. Went somewhere for a meal with some more enlightened folk and one had real Mac and Cheese, and realised it was actually really nice and nothing like the cheapo student guff.

Macaroni is a poor choice when making pasta and cheese sauce. A nice tricolour fusili is the business. Tagliatelle is also decent. Conchiglie is popular but I'm not a fan as often you get shells stuck in one another, and they fail to hold flavour due to their design, unless you can turn every single one of they upside down before firing in to the sauce.

Farfalle is just for monsters