Unpopular opinions.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even 20 pages of Google results would only scratch the surface of his lifestory. I've already said he's among the best ever, but he's practically being beatified elsewhere in this site and his lifestyle glorified.

I'm a bit clueless about this, has he done worse than that clip with his girlfriend and taking lots of recreational drugs and alcohol?

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I agree with all of the above but a common thread for them all that I continually trot out is that there’s very few nice normal people that reach the pinnacle of their field. 
That doesn’t justify their behaviour but when they’re so absorbed in being the best in one particular aspect of their life, why is it such a surprise that they are lacking in other areas that us mortals take for granted?  That they are beatified for their singular talent rather than their wholesomeness is is as much down to us as them  

That's my point though, we choose when and for who we should look the other way. I posted money unpopular opinion here that he is undeserving of his conduct being overlooked or forgiven.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit clueless about this, has he done worse than that clip with his girlfriend and taking lots of recreational drugs and alcohol?

There are allegations of sexual assault and actual violence all over the internet I couldn't link them all.

I don't disagree with pushing back against the narrative and lol I've done it myself but thinking about how it's received over the years I'm not sure most people are really willing to accept that kind of (needed) nuance immediately when someone dies. Not saying I'm right ofc just thinking about major deaths like Bowie or Prince for example where lesser known allegations surfaced and didn't accomplish much beyond people shouting at each other for hours on the internet.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Every lassie under 30 taking photos of themselves in a pub/club toilet mirror for why??????

Women are a very strange species and generally worth the watching

Not sure why this is a thing, probably convenience. Don’t want to make this misogynistic as some men are now as bad or worse.

I think that there’s a animalistic thing in everyone to fit in and receive attention and social media and tv has exploited this and it’s gone bonkers.

People thinking that social media status is more important than character or life skills/education. Primary school kids with £1000 smart phones and access to everything online. I’m thinking that this could be bad, very bad. Imagine being bullied at that age on Facebook and getting harassed 24/7 or one daft photo or opinion that could ruin you. Kids shouldn’t have to go through this shit. Going off at a tangent but with kids all addicted it will get worse until it’s the norm to be addicted to all this shit.

And I've said this numerous times but I have yet to see someone with lip filler who doesn't look worse off for doing it.

That's because you don't notice when it's done well. I used to know a lassie who was a dermatologist and did loads of cosmetic work on folk. We'd walk around town and she'd point out all the people who'd had work done (women and men) and most of them I'd never have guessed. She herself was absolutely stunning.

She did tell me that from time to time she'd turn down work because the customer would be ruining their face but some kept insisting because they'd developed a sort of addiction to it.

It absolutely can make people look better though. Have a look at some pictures of a young Diletta Leotta for example.

Folk that rush online to tell everyone about bad stuff a famous person did the day after they died are like annoying 14 year olds who've decided they're atheists for the first time.

You're correct. Everyone knows you're correct. But the only possible takeaway is that you're being a twat.

Edited by Gordon EF

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even 20 pages of Google results would only scratch the surface of his lifestory. I've already said he's among the best ever, but he's practically being beatified elsewhere in this site and his lifestyle glorified.

Is the Pope still an Argie? He might get actually beatified. 

That's because you don't notice when it's done well. I used to know a lassie who was a dermatologist and did loads of cosmetic work on folk. We'd walk around town and she'd point out all the people who'd had work done (women and men) and most of them I'd never have guessed. She herself was absolutely stunning.

She did tell me that from time to time she'd turn down work because the customer would be ruining their face but some kept insisting because they'd developed a sort of addiction to it.

It absolutely can make people look better though. Have a look at some pictures of a young Diletta Leotta for example.
Just had a look there. There was nothing wrong with how the lassie looked in the first place. That she has to completely change her look is really sad. I imagine it started with a nose job as hers was a little big, hardly made her ugly though. Her skin now looks like plastic. Her lips have been done but they don't look like big fish lips, still noticeable and not required though. If folk find that look attractive, fair enough. For me I find it tragic that young lassies think this is how they should look and will need to continue spending money all their life to keep it up, all the while looking even more ridiculous when their neck and hands start to look how they should at their age.

You won't convince me lip filler, cheek implants et al aren't a horrible thing.

That she has to completely change her look is really sad.

You won't convince me lip filler, cheek implants et al aren't a horrible thing.

Fair enough, her brother did the work for free though so I imagine it was just an opportunity she took advantage of rather than feeling forced by society's pressure.

I don't agree with you but I can understand your viewpoint. I don't comprehend why people feel the need to stain their bodies with ink to confirm to fashion so I see where you're coming from.

Folk that rush online to tell everyone about bad stuff a famous person did the day after they died are like annoying 14 year olds who've decided they're atheists for the first time.
You're correct. Everyone knows you're correct. But the only possible takeaway is that you're being a twat.
I agree.

But social media amplifies the outpouring of grief and platitudes - and i can understand the instinct to find a little balance by pointing out the flaws.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I look forward to your gushing tributes to a glam rock legend when Glitter kicks the bucket. 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

On an Unpopular Opinion Thread?