Unpopular opinions.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, virginton said:
The entire point of pubs is to encourage people to get blootered though, so your 'point' here is completely ridiculous. 

You can get blootered and not be an arsehole tbf.

You can?

On the subject of dog pubs wtf is that aw about. Years ago I went to visit my sister in Glasgow and I went for a meal with her and her boyfriend. They only served those weirdo hipster beers that taste like shit and had some theme where everyone was sitting with their dogs. As others have said a random dog in the pub that's well behaved is fine, even a boisterous Rottweiler that the owner swears is "friendly" is fine but purposefully taking your dog out to go sit at some wanky hipster place is horrific patter. I literally had a random panic attack and we left early. The whole ethos of these city living people gives me the social fear. 

For clarity this was a pub/restaurant place. 

Edited by Stormzy

15 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Some people are allergic or have a fear of dogs or just generally don’t really like them. My ex had been bitten quite badly by a dog when she was younger and hated larger dogs as a result. Someone else’s dog doesn’t improve my pub experience one bit tbh. Not everyone has to like your animal 🤷🏻‍♀️

Being scared of dogs is just attention seeking. 

13 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'm deeply suspicious of any fan of a traditional senior team that hasn't been to the vast majority of the 42 'league grounds' by the time they're 30.

Thanks to our adventure in the lower leagues I think I have clocked in around 37 grounds in Scotland now . 

remember when we drew Albion rovers in the Scottish cup and managed to scrape a replay out the game at Ibrox. Was a bit annoyed it was  played at New Douglas park as it would have been good to get cliftonhill ticked off aswell. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

On the subject of dog pubs wtf is that aw about. Years ago I went to visit my sister in Glasgow and I went for a meal with her and her boyfriend. They only served those weirdo hipster beers that taste like shit and had some theme where everyone was sitting with their dogs. As others have said a random dog in the pub that's well behaved is fine, even a boisterous Rottweiler that the owner swears is "friendly" is fine but purposefully taking your dog out to go sit at some wanky hipster place is horrific patter. I literally had a random panic attack and we left early. The whole ethos of these city living people gives me the social fear. 

They allow dogs (not just guide dogs) into shopping centres in my place.  They have to be wearing a dog nappy though.  Strangely, at this moment kids are not allowed into the the shopping centres so aye, the world has gone mad. 

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

They allow dogs (not just guide dogs) into shopping centres in my place.  They have to be wearing a dog nappy though.  Strangely, at this moment kids are not allowed into the the shopping centres so aye, the world has gone mad. 

No weans in a shopping centre, that sounds ideal. Once they up that ban to "folk visiting for a day out" I'll be flying out there.

44 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

For clarity this was a pub/restaurant place. 

Sounds like Inn Deep tbh, a place ran by and for wankers.  

11 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

In a perfectly valid way, as are you, not walking around pretending to be scared of dogs... 

I was scared of dogs for a long time after a fairly traumatic experience where i got chased by a pack of feral dogs in the middle east as a youngster.

My daughter was also very wary for a long time after a big dog she was patting (she'd have been 3-4) in the park ran round her and almost strangled her by wrapping its lead around her neck. 

I'm sure plenty kids or adults in their formative years will have been attacked, bitten or chased by dogs at some point. There are a lot of badly treated and badly handled dogs out there. The normal human mind in this situation will be conditioned to expect danger from similar sources. This will manifest as the emotion we all know as fear.

There are probably a lot of dogs with a fear of humans for similar reasons. 

There will also be people with Irrational phobias. 

Maybe some weirdos pretend to be scared for attention. I couldn’t begin to understand why. 

This might be a bit of a po faced response to a light hearted jest. But there are a lot (minority) of dog owners who don't seem to appreciate that not everyone loves their slobbering hell hound as much as they do. 

I’m ok with a dog that sits still and that, but see the ones that are excitedly jumping at me expecting me to love them can f**k right off. Absolutely terrified.

edit: this is dependent on the size of the dog, and whether I think it could rip my throat out or not. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Just had a google and that's the spot. 

6 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

Is that the place by Kelvinbridge underground?

Correct. 

Tbf the dogs the the most sound c***s in the place most of the time. 

Edited by thistledo

I have no objection to other peoples dogs. I do have an objection to other peoples dogs impinging on me physically or generally being wee dicks.

A strangers dog jumping up on you, putting its clatty paws all over you etc is particularly seethe inducing. How can that ever be seen as acceptable by anyone.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I have no objection to other peoples dogs. I do have an objection to other peoples dogs impinging on me physically or generally being wee dicks.

A strangers dog jumping up on you, putting its clatty paws all over you etc is particularly seethe inducing. How can that ever be seen as acceptable by anyone.

"It won't bite" 

"will it pay for the dry cleaning?" 

4 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

Is that the place by Kelvinbridge underground?

Must say I'm surprised at the level of anti-dug feeling on P&B. Not what I would have expected at all.

I actually quite like dogs. One thing I hate though is birds who are obsessed with them. Call themselves a ‘dog mum’, usually closely approaching thirty and single. Refer to them as ‘doggos’ and have things like ‘must love dogs’ or ‘will swipe right if you have a dog’ in their dating profile. Life and personality revolves around owning a dog and taking pictures of it/dressing it up. Dog instagrams. 

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I actually quite like dogs. One thing I hate though is birds who are obsessed with them. Call themselves a ‘dog mum’, usually closely approaching thirty and single. Refer to them as ‘doggos’ and have things like ‘must love dogs’ or ‘will swipe right if you have a dog’ in their dating profile. Life and personality revolves around owning a dog and taking pictures of it/dressing it up. Dog instagrams. 

This is of course annoying however there is no comparison in sheer volume to the cat ladies or people who's personality is focused around how their cat hates them. 

Dog women are lonely, cat women are cray cray. 

This is probably a good time to mention how disgusting cats are. At least with dogs you can tell when one is angry or annoyed and if you're as athletic as me you could easily dodge a dogs jaw, forward roll transition into somersault and then kick him in the chops but cats are nimble erratic crack head animals with razor blades attached to them and can't be trusted. 

"Don't pull out your phone, blink quickly or breath around her, she gets a bit scratchy, tee hee what's she like, oh yeah don't move if she jumps on your lap out of nowhere because she'll rip your dick off in one swoop, tee hee what a personality."

Couldn’t agree more with this. I don’t mind dogs, I quite like them in general - but not enough that I actually want to own one. They are a pain in the arse, a responsibility that I can do without. Want to go abroad on holiday? Need to find someone to look after the dog. In a rush to go somewhere? You need to walk the dog first because it needs a shite. Spontaneous pints after work with the boys? Forget it, the dog needs fed.

If I was to ever get a dog I would get one that can handle climbing munros. I know folk who are getting into climbing munros but they can’t bring their stupid wee dogs because they are too weak to climb hills.

Around 2010 I worked in Canonmills, just outside the centre of Edinburgh and generally a wealthy area with lots of expensive flats, and began to notice dog walkers for the first time.  You'd see them walking huge groups of ill matched dogs, it was comical to see them walking dalmations alongside pugs and bulldogs.  I'd never seen this before but it's now very commonplace.  Just about every pub around there where we would go for drinks after work were specifically dog friendly, there used to be a network of pubs that publicised themselves as being dog friendly.  I remember being in one, The Cumberland Arms, one evening and there seemed to be a meet up of people with their dogs.  The demography of the people there was quite specific, as was the type of dog.  It was all Edinburgh finance types, often in couples, the dogs were usually smaller ones like Border terriers or breeds like daschund or bulldog types.  Clearly people living in flats are going to opt for those sorts of dogs as a larger dog is going to destroy the place and you need to walk them lots.

When I was growing up, everyone who had dogs had dogs that were border collies, labradors or golden retrievers.  It was rare to see one of the smaller breeds and certainly no-one seemed to have pedigree dogs.  Now, I have colleagues who have paid thousands of pounds for specific breeds or cross breeds yet don't have time to walk them and have to pay more money to have someone turn up and do it for them.  My next door neighbours have a small dog that requires little walking but they still pay someone to come and walk it every day.