Unpopular opinions.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why should people who pay their elected representative expect them to do their job? Is that really what you're arguing here?

Eh ?  What ? You seem to think that politicians are immune from human drives like ambition. What 'we' want our politicians to do and what the politicians want are two different things. You'll often find that a politician gets in with less than a 50% of the vote yet are supposed to represent their constituents. They generally represent their party though. 

Edited by chomp my root
wrong too/two

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Eh ?  What ? You seem to think that politicians are immune from human drives like ambition. What 'we' want our politicians to do and what the politicians want are two different things. You'll often find that a politician gets in with less than a 50% of the vote yet are supposed to represent their constituents. They generally represent their party though. 

You asked why politicians should be expected to do their job description of representing their constituents. You're rambling on about party politics and quite missing the original point. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

You asked why politicians should be expected to do their job description of representing their constituents. You're rambling on about party politics and quite missing the original point. 

No, I accused you of being naive and I suspect that's the cause of this ongoing 'whatever it is'. 

Your painfully simple point was easy to understand. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're wasting your time mate, he's a moron. 

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

No, I accused you of being naive and I suspect that's the cause of this ongoing 'whatever it is'. 

Your painfully simple point was easy to understand. 

You accused Moonster of being naive saying that wasn't an MP's job.

You seem unable to separate what an MP's job is and what they use their job to achieve.

Just now, Mayor Wilkins III said:

You accused Moonster of being naive saying that wasn't an MP's job.

You seem unable to separate what an MP's job is and what they use their job to achieve.

Fair point. I'm also sure a lot of them get into it for what they consider noble reasons but down the line it rarely seems to pan out that way. They are party members and human beings with their own agendas and drives.  Its a very flawed system, not that I think there's a solution to it.

45 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Fair point. I'm also sure a lot of them get into it for what they consider noble reasons but down the line it rarely seems to pan out that way. They are party members and human beings with their own agendas and drives.  Its a very flawed system, not that I think there's a solution to it.

Can I ask why his is a fair point but my exact same point is met with condescending nonsense?

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I ask why his is a fair point but my exact same point is met with condescending nonsense?

He was more eloquent and made his point.

Bit sexist of us to assume that its a him but I'm following your lead.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

You're wasting your time mate, he's a moron. 

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Agreed, however the need for them shouldn’t exist in this country imo

Agreed, tighter family and community should help see to the needs of the less well off where they cannot help themselves. The decades-long breakdown of both has had / is having far-reaching consequences.

However, food banks are still preferable to more state nannying.

Edited by banana