Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

My mum was hoovering one Friday afternoon when a power cut struck. She was about to head off on holiday and didn't think to unplug the hoover. A couple of days later, a neighbour was dropping off the Sunday papers in the wee hours (he worked in a printers and would drop off early editions on the way home) and he thought it was an odd time to be hoovering. He could still hear the hoover the next day so with the help of some other neighbours, managed to break in and found the upright hoover burning a square through the living room carpet.

Bump.

Lassie I've been seeing is away to Portugal on a family holiday for a,fortnight. She's concerned that the time difference will mean we hardly get to speak to each other when she's away. :lol:

Getting ridden like Shergar IMO.

My mum was hoovering one Friday afternoon when a power cut struck. She was about to head off on holiday and didn't think to unplug the hoover. A couple of days later, a neighbour was dropping off the Sunday papers in the wee hours (he worked in a printers and would drop off early editions on the way home) and he thought it was an odd time to be hoovering. He could still hear the hoover the next day so with the help of some other neighbours, managed to break in and found the upright hoover burning a square through the living room carpet.

My grandfather (who, by all accounts, was not a stupid man) was once asked by his wife to clip the plug off an old Hoover before it went to the tip, as one did back in those days. He took a pair of scissors and attempted to do so, while it was still plugged into the wall.

After the inevitable loud bang, they found him behind the couch on the other side of the room laughing like a drain, partially-melted scissors still in hand :mellow:

Mrs Mozza phoned from the house earlier to see if we wanted to go round to see some friends on Saturday for a light refreshment. Yes, I says, what time? Hang on, i'll check the text, wheres my mobile, cue much fumbling and mumbling and her asking Mini Mozza to go and see if she can see it. After a couple of minutes, she says, oh hang on, ive found it. Im talking to you on it.

Harry-Clarke.jpg

You should see how she gets on with the 'prank' I did with my cousin. She's not the sharpest tool in the box and when she left my nana's one day I phoned her from my mobile 10 minutes later and asked if had seen where I lay my mobile as I couldn't find it. She fell for it hook line and sinker and started to get into a flutter. She asked her dad who replied to her "How did he get in touch with you just now ya fucking idiot?" Pause. "Aw very funny!!!!"

:lol:

My girlfriend was out for tea with a few of her mates last night as one of them just got a job down South and is moving away this weekend.

I asked before where it was she was moving to (cause I'm a caring guy and all that) and she couldn't remember the name.

Last night she comes back and I ask again hoping it'll be a city with decent night life if we ever go to visit.

"Um. Lincoln. Wait hold on - is that a place?"

"Yeh...."

"I knew it started with an L - knew it wasn't Leeds or Liverpool though. I thought Lincoln was in America to be honest"

" :huh: "

I ended up having to explain that the Lincoln mentioned here is a city in England and not the former American President.

In fairness to her I am positive there will be a town/city in USA called Lincoln....

I'm surprised there are so many Lincolns in the former Confederacy.

Although they may not be named after Abraham, I suppose. there are bound to have been other Lincolns.

It was part of the peace treaty after the Civil War,

He stood on a desk and said

'f**k you losers, now every 100th town in the south will have it's name changed to Lincoln to rub it in',

Now where the facts I made up thread so I can add a new entry.