Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

3 hours ago, cambozpar said:

And why would it matter if he's still only meant to have 1 x 2.5ml spoonful every  4-6 hours even if he was 6?

The age bands on kids' medicines are usually not mutually exclusive, so the next one up is probably 6-8. Don't know if that's how that one works though 

18 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

We were discussing when our five-year-old son can start getting more Piriton each time to help his hayfever. I point out we should be using the guide on the bottle that says 2-6 year old is 1x 2.5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours. 

She seems to think he can get 1 x 5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours because "he's closer to 6 than he is 5" 

I get these guides are just that and each kid is different (he's taller than the seven year old neighbour he plays with for a start) but how can a 5 year old be closer to 6 when they're still just 5?

Gerry kens how much medicine a bairn can take, allegedly.

19 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

We were discussing when our five-year-old son can start getting more Piriton each time to help his hayfever. I point out we should be using the guide on the bottle that says 2-6 year old is 1x 2.5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours. 

She seems to think he can get 1 x 5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours because "he's closer to 6 than he is 5" 

I get these guides are just that and each kid is different (he's taller than the seven year old neighbour he plays with for a start) but how can a 5 year old be closer to 6 when they're still just 5?

My kid was allowed a second 2.5ml spoon after 15min of her reaction didn't settle. They are guidelines and if a kid is in hospital they'll base dosage on weight/heighg.

On 30/06/2021 at 18:22, Sergeant Wilson said:

I got sent out in similar circumstances. Two magpies were attacking a wee bird of some description. The magpies flew away, but the wee one was beyond help so I hit it with a shovel and put it in the bin.

I had to do exactly this once after her cat brought in a maimed bird. Took it back outside and leathered it with a shovel. Genuinely made me feel awful for the rest of the day.

Fucking cats.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I had to do exactly this once after her cat brought in a maimed bird. Took it back outside and leathered it with a shovel. Genuinely made me feel awful for the rest of the day.

Fucking cats.

Fucking hell guys.  Wring their necks next time.  

15 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is there an alternative version where you can affirm?

Yeah, you can choose.

Used to have to swear allegiance to Betsy Battenburg but that was ditched in the 90s

"I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Australia, Her heirs and successors according to law, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Australia and fulfil my duties as an Australian citizen." 

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Fucking hell guys.  Wring their necks next time.  

Years ago, when I lived at home with my folks, our dog maimed a bird in the back garden. Dad went out and wrung it's neck. Mum didn't speak to the dog for about 2 weeks afterwards.

22 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

pish. it's quick and you'd need to be specially uncoordinated to somehow miss

There's a big difference between missing and not connecting right.   The bird might move as well. 

Anyway,  we know breaking their neck is quicker and more effective, there is no need to go and get a shovel.

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

There's a big difference between missing and not connecting right.   The bird might move as well. 

Anyway,  we know breaking their neck is quicker and more effective, there is no need to go and get a shovel.

How do you wring a birds neck? I undoubtedly would f**k that up and cause it more pain.

My mate ran over a rabbit. It was lying there screeching with a tyre track across the bottom of its back so he took a big rock off a dyke and dropped it on it. But he missed its head and hit somewhere on its torso so had to go again. It was horrific. That rabbit would have loved a shovel. 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Years ago, when I lived at home with my folks, our dog maimed a bird in the back garden. Dad went out and wrung it's neck. Mum didn't speak to the dog for about 2 weeks afterwards.

Bit harsh just for killing a bird IMO.

At least his ghost got a bit of respite from yer maw's earache.

7 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

how come? They're dead instantly. It's just wee birds it's not like you're beating a dog to death

Or if you’re in Fife, drowning a dog to death.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/crime/fife-man-drowned-golden-retriever-pet-dog-in-bath-and-sent-photo-of-its-body-to-ex-partner-3293425