Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

We have a solid standard unit of measurement for the height of various mountains in our household which I have to employ when I'm trying to explain to my OH how much walking would be involved in reaching the summit of a mountain or hill. The height of every other peak in Scotland has to be measured in Meikle bins so, a Corbett for example, would be around 2 Meikle bins. Ben Nevis on the other hand is 3 and a third Meikle bins. For those that don't know, the Meikle bin is a small hill in the Campsie fells that can be completed very easily.

On daft stuff your OH says, he was using the Foodhub app last night and the following message popped up.

Screenshot_20220417-124340_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d582d95f91c58e499c090d4a822837b.jpg

He thought that these represented the savings that we personally have made on the app.

Edited by Rizzo

17 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

The height of every other peak in Scotland has to be measured in Meikle bins

17 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

He thought that these represented the savings that we personally have made on the app.

Well, you know that old Scots saying "many a Meikle makes a muckle".

Me and my lady friend looking at going to Berlin in the summer. She's just asked me if we need a passport to get in to Germany now we're not in the EU. Refuses to believe that we've always needed a passport to enter Germany.

Gets worse, she's just told me she thought the Berlin Wall was in China. Mainly because people say it takes days to walk along it, and there's always photos of it in Chinese takeaways. Where can I find a DDR takeaway?

6 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Me and my lady friend looking at going to Berlin in the summer. She's just asked me if we need a passport to get in to Germany now we're not in the EU. Refuses to believe that we've always needed a passport to enter Germany.

Gets worse, she's just told me she thought the Berlin Wall was in China. Mainly because people say it takes days to walk along it, and there's always photos of it in Chinese takeaways. Where can I find a DDR takeaway?

It's a 'lady friend' takeaway you need...............................

10 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

The first one is not so unreasonable, the second one is a justification for a parting of the ways.  

Had a right laugh on the train from Aberdeen to Edinburgh on Monday. Bare in mind that she's not from here  so has absolutely no idea of the innuendo here. But when we stopped at before Waverley she quietly asked "are we getting off at Haymarket?" I burst out laughing. Didn't have the heart to explain it to her, especially within earshot of others and she forgot to remind me to explain it to her later.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She pipes up with "It must be about time for a new series of The Apprentice?"

So I point out that the last series was in January and it's currently July.

"Yeah, that's what I mean. It's half way through the year so it must be about time".

I'm now making tentative efforts to find out if she actually understands how time functions.

On 16/04/2022 at 14:57, Todd_is_God said:

Just proclaimed (with a deadly straight face) that electric cars are really dangerous for deaf people crossing the road as they won't hear them coming.

Only after I looked at her oddly and pointed out that they wouldn't hear a tank coming either did she realise she meant blind people.

An actual tank, or a mass media 'tank'?

We were looking at tents the other day in go outdoors, and we looked at one that stated "20 minutes pitch time. She said to me "that's no use if you want to go for a week" 😂😂

At her brothers wedding do yesterday. She points over to another table and says there’s his best mate Davie - “he is from Northern Ireland and used to be in the paramilitaries.”    When we all asked - WhAt the IRA? - she then realised she meant the RUC

In B&Q earlier collecting something..

Kareny lady muscles up to the collections desk dragging a child and said “your customer toilets are out of order so I need to use your staff one”. Young lady on the desk calmly summons her supervisor. Customer repeats accusingly that the toilets are out of order.

”In what way are they out of order?” Asks supervisor lady. 

“The door won’t open” replies customer. 

“Maybe it’s occupied?” suggests supervisor. “Did you see a little red mark on the door handle to show it’s in use?”

”Oh yes, that’s what it was” huffs customer lady and marches off.

Edited by Shandön Par

3 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

In B&Q earlier collecting something..

Kareny lady muscles up to the collections desk dragging a child and said “your customer toilets are out of order so I need to use your staff one”. Young lady on the desk calmly summons her supervisor. Customer repeats accusingly that the toilets are out of order.

”In what way are they out of order?” Asks supervisor lady. 

“The door won’t open” replies customer. 

“Maybe it’s occupied?” suggests supervisor. “Did you see a little red mark on the door handle to show it’s in use?”

”Oh yes, that’s what it was” huffs customer lady and marches off.

You must have been mortified your wife did that.