Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Apparently it's because pre-betting shops, all odds were quoted as 100 to x. So 10-1 is 100-10, 33-1 is 100-3 (not technically accurate but close enough).

When off site betting was legalised, the odds were simplified but the 100-30 remains as an odd relic of the previous era.

Tell your fictional other half.

(According to Google).

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Apparently it's because pre-betting shops, all odds were quoted as 100 to x. So 10-1 is 100-10, 33-1 is 100-30 (not technically accurate but close enough).

When off site betting was legalised, the odds were simplified but the 100-30 remains as an odd relic of the previous era.

Tell your fictional other half.

(According to Google).

Except that 100-30 is around 3.33-1.

Not 33-1.

So both not technically accurate and nowhere near close enough.

Bookies still use odds like 100-30, 6-4 etc  instead of something-1 because decimal odds would be a pain in the balls.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

8 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

My mother in law last night:

"I'm voting Conservative."

It is tempting to fart on their faces because they started this f**k up (Blair being a Thatcher product) to let them see it through to it's logical conclusion, but I have kids and it's not fair that those people who are in the last 15 years of their lives have such a sway over those in their first.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Except that 100-30 is around 3.33-1.

Not 33-1.

So both not technically accurate and nowhere near close enough.

Bookies still use odds like 100-30, 6-4 etc  instead of something-1 because decimal odds would be a pain in the balls.

I think most people's issue with 100/30 is not they want 3.33/1 but the fact it's just 10/3

12 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

It is tempting to fart on their faces because they started this f**k up (Blair being a Thatcher product) 

That's plain not true. Blame the tories for a lot of bad stuff they've done but don't blame anyone for Blair except the British public. 3 election wins 

The public attitude has swung to the right and politics mirrors that. Not the other way around 

That's plain not true. Blame the tories for a lot of bad stuff they've done but don't blame anyone for Blair except the British public. 3 election wins 
The public attitude has swung to the right and politics mirrors that. Not the other way around 

At his funeral I want a final play of
Things Can Only Get Better....

He skipped down Downing Street to that and left nothing but a total clusterfuck of Cockwombles of betrayal and greed.

Blair is about the only human being on the planet I would smile on hearing of his untimely death.........
Well him and his wife

He skipped down Downing Street to that and left nothing but a total clusterfuck of Cockwombles and betrayal and greed.

Blair is about the only human being on the planet I would smile on hearing of his untimely death.........
Well him and his wife

He skipped down Downing Street to that and left nothing but a total clusterfuck of Cockwombles of betrayal and greed.

Well him and his wife

Agreed. Blair is the ultimate c**t. Still cant believe that arsehole is a peace envoy.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:32, Miguel Sanchez said:

A girl in work yesterday told me she thought wolves were fictional.

I decided to have a look at the beginning of the thread for some laughs I hadn't seen before and found this...

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2010 at 11:13, Middleton Mouse said:

On the same note I knew someone who didn't think that wolves were real animals (not werewolves - actual wolves). She thought that they were mythical creatures that only existed in stories. She was 19 when she admitted this. :unsure:

On 22/04/2017 at 02:10, Shotgun said:

Not my babe but one of her mates last night.

Somebody gave her a gift in a bag with a piece of coloured string holding the handles together to stop it falling out. She was struggling to undo the knot and in the process, had made it tighter. Being a reg'lar Jim Bowie type backwoodsman, I usually have some sort of knife on my belt or in my pocket - this time it was a Swiss Army Knife. I lent it to her and she was impressed at how easily it cut the string.

So she ran her thumb along the edge of the blade to see how sharp it really was. Cue much blood and wailing. Naturally, this was MY fault. "You didn't tell me your knife was sharp!" etc.

Isn't "sharp" pretty much the default for a knife?

unnamed (4).jpg