E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

• 2 weeks later...

I need an idiots guide to cancel Amazon Prime, thanks in advance.

It's dead easy if you signed up on the free trial and haven't used it, no quibbles refund. In other cases, sign in, go to Your Account. Manage your Prime Membership and End Membership.

Edited by welshbairn

Ah.

I accidentally 'used it'

I drunkenly used it when I signed up to buy something to get quick delivery on the free trial. Forgot to cancel before the end of the month and asked to cancel a couple of months later, during which time I hadn't used it, and no problem, the annual fee was returned. If you've used it after joining you're fucked, but it's easy enough to cancel next year's subs.

Question:

My (BT) wireless connection at home keeps cutting off, often when only one device is being used and it doesn't need to be data heavy to do it. Giving the router a reset does the trick, but it's getting a royal pain in the arse now.

Given that we have a >3yo router, would the likeliest solution be get a new one, or is it more likely to be a more general connection / provider issue, in which case buying a new router will just be a waste of time and money?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Question:

My (BT) wireless connection at home keeps cutting off, often when only one device is being used and it doesn't need to be data heavy to do it. Giving the router a reset does the trick, but it's getting a royal pain in the arse now.

Given that we have a >3yo router, would the likeliest solution be get a new one, or is it more likely to be a more general connection / provider issue, in which case buying a new router will just be a waste of time and money?

I've had to phone BT a few times and always find them quite helpful. The last time they upped my data to unlimited and sent me a new router.....all free of charge.

Question:

If its just the wireless connection that is dropping then its likely the router. If its the connection to the internet then it could be a wider issue.

Before going out and buying a router, though, I would check that you can use a 3rd party router with BT. You might be better off phoning them and reporting it as faulty

I drunkenly used it when I signed up to buy something to get quick delivery on the free trial. Forgot to cancel before the end of the month and asked to cancel a couple of months later, during which time I hadn't used it, and no problem, the annual fee was returned. If you've used it after joining you're fucked, but it's easy enough to cancel next year's subs.

It's monthly paid now I think as opposed to a year in advance.

• 1 month later...

Anyone use any phone apps for watching Movies/shows? Showbox seems to be having problems just now and I was looking for an alternative in the meantime until they've fixed it. I tried downloading Cartoon HD but I wasn't getting anything to play so gave up on that. Also tried Movies HD/Sky HD but I'm getting connection issues with that too. Any suggestions?

Anyone use any phone apps for watching Movies/shows? Showbox seems to be having problems just now and I was looking for an alternative in the meantime until they've fixed it. I tried downloading Cartoon HD but I wasn't getting anything to play so gave up on that. Also tried Movies HD/Sky HD but I'm getting connection issues with that too. Any suggestions?

I've got kodi on my phone and it works really well.

I've got kodi on my phone and it works really well.

Cheers! I've got an android box but not got round to setting it up yet. Does Kodi not eat up a lot of storage on your phone?

I've updated Showbox to the latest version. It seems to be working ok now but Server 1 has gone and when you download a movie or episode it does it in parts.

Cheers! I've got an android box but not got round to setting it up yet. Does Kodi not eat up a lot of storage on your phone?

I've updated Showbox to the latest version. It seems to be working ok now but Server 1 has gone and when you download a movie or episode it does it in parts.

Kodi doesn't download anything, all the content is streamed