E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I have the settings on the laptop to accept all cookies which used to work for a week or two at a time then my usual websites...here...bbc...autosport...etc never remember my logins and locations and I have to sign in ever day which is a pain in the ass.

Any thoughts appreciated....

IE 11..............Windows 7 Ultimate.

At a guess, check the 'do not track' feature under 'tools - safety'. If 'on' it might override.

Doubt it will be the auto complete but double check that under 'tools-internet options-content-auto complete-settings-' and make sure it is ok there.

At a guess, check the 'do not track' feature under 'tools - safety'. If 'on' it might override.

Doubt it will be the auto complete but double check that under 'tools-internet options-content-auto complete-settings-' and make sure it is ok there.

Cheers.......never heard of do not track and auto complete has always been off. I'll give these a bash...thanks.

auto complete is only for filling out forms online, so it will help once you have to type in your passwords again, however it means anyone else can simply hit every key until your auto-complete entry appears, not the safest thing if others use your PC

as for your cookies, do you run any regular scans, spyware etc?

auto complete is only for filling out forms online, so it will help once you have to type in your passwords again, however it means anyone else can simply hit every key until your auto-complete entry appears, not the safest thing if others use your PC

as for your cookies, do you run any regular scans, spyware etc?

Just Microsoft Security Essentials when prompted every fortnight.

Just Microsoft Security Essentials when prompted every fortnight.

if your passwords need re-entered every fortnight, then you'll probably find that the MSE is deleting your cookies with its scan, superantispyware used to that to me and it took me a while to notice it

next time you run the scan, see if there's an option for deleting cookies etc

if your passwords need re-entered every fortnight, then you'll probably find that the MSE is deleting your cookies with its scan, superantispyware used to that to me and it took me a while to notice it

next time you run the scan, see if there's an option for deleting cookies etc

I wouldn't mind if it was once a fortnight but it's every day I'm having to log in everywhere.

sounds like browser settings somewhere

Certainly does sound like that if it's happening everytime you close the browser. Have you checked the options and settings? Does IE11 have any add-ons that could be causing it?

Certainly does sound like that if it's happening everytime you close the browser. Have you checked the options and settings? Does IE11 have any add-ons that could be causing it?

No idea bud..............or I'd have had a go myself ;)

I was recording the Thistle Ladies match earlier today, around 30 minutes in one of the players decided to boot the ball right off my camera causing it to switch off. The MP4 file recording the first 30 minutes is still there but it is an "incompatible format". Upon further inspection the file is still there, but it doesn't seem to want to play.

Is there any software, preferably free, that would repair MP4s? Any PnB recommendations?