E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I have just received an I Pad from my work and using Edge Client and VMware View I can simulate my laptop's desktop which is great as I don't have to carry about a chunky laptop!

One issue I am having is how to simulate a right mouse click - i.e. when I receive an E Mail with an attachment and want to 'right click' it to perhaps save it - how can I do that?

Any help would be great!

I have just received an I Pad from my work and using Edge Client and VMware View I can simulate my laptop's desktop which is great as I don't have to carry about a chunky laptop!

One issue I am having is how to simulate a right mouse click - i.e. when I receive an E Mail with an attachment and want to 'right click' it to perhaps save it - how can I do that?

Any help would be great!

try pressing and holding your finger the attachment link and a list of options should come up (like they would had you right clicked it)

Going to Warsaw for the day tomorrow, just wondering if I'm better turning the internet off on my phone? Will I be charged a ridiculous rate? Would probably only be checking Fb and twitter a few times and sending a couple iMessages

ETA - on EE

Edited by pencils

Going to Warsaw for the day tomorrow, just wondering if I'm better turning the internet off on my phone? Will I be charged a ridiculous rate? Would probably only be checking Fb and twitter a few times and sending a couple iMessages

ETA - on EE

Costs £2 for 100MB (only last for 24 hours) You should open your phone browser when you arrive and you will be offered a range of plans, you need to pick one to activate a data connection.

Is it possible to get your iPhone out of recovery mode (like pic below) without restoring it? I was on iTunes and don't really know how I got to this screen but now getting the message "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes"

connect-to-itunes-iphone-4-Optimized.jpg

edit: fixed, restored the phone as iTunes had backed up data which I didn't realise :angel

Edited by Akpo Sodje

ETA - on EE

Probably no use now but I'd have just kept the data off and connected to any Wifi spots for the internet.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question but ...

I'm looking for a software programme that will allow me to burn a video in mp4 format to a dvd disc so that it can be played on my tv.

It's only to make one copy so really don't want to spend much (if any) money on it.

Found one online last night and started to download it but it seemed dodgy so I aborted the download.

Anybody know any free programmes that they would recommend.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a software programme that will allow me to burn a video in mp4 format to a dvd disc so that it can be played on my tv.

It's only to make one copy so really don't want to spend much (if any) money on it.

Found one online last night and started to download it but it seemed dodgy so I aborted the download.

Thanks in advance.

This should so the trick. Clicky

Thanks in advance.

Does your TV not have a USB input ? If it does just pull the file to a USB stick and play away. Lot easier than burning.

Looking for a DVD player that can also take a USB hard drive to play videos from, any suggestions? Don't want to spend a fortune!

Looking for a DVD player that can also take a USB hard drive to play videos from, any suggestions? Don't want to spend a fortune!

My father in law got a cheap Samsung DVD from amazon. About £50 I think. Def takes USB sticks , so think it should be OK with hard drive.

Samsung DVD e360 £30

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007NCJDM4

Edited by saint dave

Trying to connect my Windows 8 PC to my Samsung TV using a DVI to HDMI cable. Problem is that I currently have two states on it, it recognising that nothing is connected when the PC is off and noticing that something is there but no signal when the PC is on.

Any ideas?