E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Sounds spectacularly uninteresting* I know, but I need to view two committee meetings from the Scottish Parliament archives and, using the transcripts, edit out certain answers.

I then need to keep the clips on USB stick or somesuch, to pass on to a training company.

* As uninteresting as it may sound, I fucking love my job!

Gordon?

Going to get 100 cash for it off of games centre, not too bad so rather do that and get cash there and then

The wee shop next to the shoe shop in South Bridge Street used to buy old mobiles as well, then further up South Bridge Street you've got Ramsdens, and dont forget Cash Generators...you're as well trying them all and see if anyone can better Games Centre.

• 3 weeks later...

On Snapchat when I take a video the quality is shockingly bad, so bad it's pointless to send the video because it is so glitchy. More often than not the app also freezes when you take your finger off the button after recording. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and outside snapchat the camera will shoot HD video no problem so I can only assume there is a problem with the app. Is there anything I can do or is there a problem at their end? I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no success. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The video for Snapchat is shite for me too. Whenever I take it, I can't see the camera moving, so I need to guess where I'm directing it. It seems to be different for different phones. I can't get the new effects or change the font. I also can't take a selfie (I feel so dirty) despite having a front-facing camera.

What a load of shite the app is eh. I can't take selfie's either with the front facing camera because it's incredibly dark. Even in a full lit room it's dark. It annoys me because there doesn't seem to be any way to fix the issues and as you say, it's seemingly different for different phones.

Is anyone else having problems with iTunes, the app store in particular?

Constantly. Only thing worse for my computer is Outlook Express. I only install itunes when I want something now, and uninstall it straight after. If I don't use Outlook Express it doesn't do harm.

Inherited a Macbook pro which is about 5 or 6 years old. Not keen on the Mac system and want to put Windows on it. Google suggests bootcamp, parallels or vm fusion. What's the quickest and easiest way to do it?

Can I do a migration like windows easy transfer?

I have a film saved on my computer. It's in Russian, but I have a separate file that enables English subtitles and it works fine. Every time I watch it, I have to manually enable the subtitles but is there a way to save the file with it already enabled, so if I was to send it to a friend, they would automatically come up?

I used VLC media player to play it and it's an avi file if that helps.

I have a film saved on my computer. It's in Russian, but I have a separate file that enables English subtitles and it works fine. Every time I watch it, I have to manually enable the subtitles but is there a way to save the file with it already enabled, so if I was to send it to a friend, they would automatically come up?

I used VLC media player to play it and it's an avi file if that helps.

I'm at work so cant confirm if this works, bus as I remember as long as the subtitle file (.srt) is named exactly the same as the movie file and both are in the same folder then VLC should play them automatically.

I'm at work so cant confirm if this works, bus as I remember as long as the subtitle file (.srt) is named exactly the same as the movie file and both are in the same folder then VLC should play them automatically.

Think it was just the file name that was needed change. Looks good, thanks very much.

I want to do a system restore (Windows 7), whenever I have did this before it has allowed me to choose upto 6 months beforehand. My brother has downloaded an app on my computer which has downloaded two extensions to my google chrome browser which simply won't uninstall at all.

I have tried to go to the system restore before it was installed (20/12/2013) but my laptop will only let me go back to the 01/01/2014. Previously I have had no bother with this until now, is there any way I can set it before the plug ins where installed or am I fucked?