E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I'm looking to rip some of my DVDs to MP4 for putting on my tablet/phone.

A quick Google search shows me plenty of free ones out there - which ones would the good people of PnB recommend?

Freemake video converter

This is quite petty but when viewing the window of the "My Pictures" folder, instead of a small thumb nail of what the picture is, it's the standard Windows Vista picture thing. I'd much rather it's the former so it saves me all of two seconds of bringing up a new window of the same thing to check them.

Doesn't seem to be an option to change this; only to change its size, grouping etc.

This is quite petty but when viewing the window of the "My Pictures" folder, instead of a small thumb nail of what the picture is, it's the standard Windows Vista picture thing. I'd much rather it's the former so it saves me all of two seconds of bringing up a new window of the same thing to check them.

Doesn't seem to be an option to change this; only to change its size, grouping etc.

Have you tried changing the sizes, its been a while since I used Vista but in Win7 some sizes just show the default picture thingy and other sizes show the thumbnails.

Probably been a setting change somewhere along the way but tis simple to get your computer to show picture thumbnails in your My Picture folders.

Computer / Properties / Advanced System settings / Performance pane / Settings button / Visual Effects Tab / Ensure the Show thumbnails instead of icons option is checked.

Have fun !

My search engine has changed from Google Chrome to search.snapdo.com. I'm assuming that it's an extension but when I click on 'Settings' then 'extensions' search.snapdo.com isn't listed. Any suggestions on how to go about removing it to default back to Google Chrome?

My search engine has changed from Google Chrome to search.snapdo.com. I'm assuming that it's an extension but when I click on 'Settings' then 'extensions' search.snapdo.com isn't listed. Any suggestions on how to go about removing it to default back to Google Chrome?

It's a virus. You've downloaded something and this has taken over and changed your settings. Follow the removal instructions below

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-search-snapdo-com.html

Can anyone offer help?

I'm with BT and can only access my e-mail via my phone and tablet, whenever I try to access via my laptop, all I get is a white page.

Have you tried a different browser? Clear cookies etc?

It's a virus. You've downloaded something and this has taken over and changed your settings. Follow the removal instructions below

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-search-snap

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-search-snapdo-com.html

do-com.html

Thanks for that! I wondered why I kept getting redirected to unwanted websites and annoying pop-up ads I downloaded and ran one of the Spyware programs it recommended and it seems to have done the trick.

Can anyone offer help?

I'm with BT and can only access my e-mail via my phone and tablet, whenever I try to access via my laptop, all I get is a white page.

It must be a problem with BT e-mail as I've been unable to access my e-mail box this morning as well. Also getting a blank page.

Thanks for that! I wondered why I kept getting redirected to unwanted websites and annoying pop-up ads I downloaded and ran one of the Spyware programs it recommended and it seems to have done the trick.

No worries a friend (and yes it was a friend) had something similar. She'd been downloading some torrents from somewhere but noticed her search engine, home page etc had all changed, laptop was running like a snail through treacle etc etc.

No worries a friend (and yes it was a friend) had something similar. She'd been downloading some torrents from somewhere but noticed her search engine, home page etc had all changed, laptop was running like a snail through treacle etc etc.

Yep, noticed mine was running a bit slow as well and taking longer to boot up than it normal.

Right quick question. I have about £200 and want to get a tablet. I got the Samsung tab 3 for my birthday but it had the same fault as my S4 so i returned them and got the iphone 5c. I'm swaying towards the ipad mini mainly because I know what i'll be getting from it even though its specs aren't good as some of the android tabs and its dearer.

The other options are the Amazon HDX or the Google Nexus 7.

I am getting a tablet because i'm using my phone to watch youtube/films/skygo and its seriously killing my battery and i want it to last another 18 months. So anyone with any of these tablets have advice for which one to go for? I also like going on "special" websites to watch films so would android tablets be able to show them?

Cheers

Right quick question. I have about £200 and want to get a tablet. I got the Samsung tab 3 for my birthday but it had the same fault as my S4 so i returned them and got the iphone 5c. I'm swaying towards the ipad mini mainly because I know what i'll be getting from it even though its specs aren't good as some of the android tabs and its dearer.

The other options are the Amazon HDX or the Google Nexus 7.

I am getting a tablet because i'm using my phone to watch youtube/films/skygo and its seriously killing my battery and i want it to last another 18 months. So anyone with any of these tablets have advice for which one to go for? I also like going on "special" websites to watch films so would android tablets be able to show them?

Cheers

If it was a straight choice between the HDX and the Nexus 7, I would go for the Nexus everytime. Its slight, but only slightly, lower spec than the HDX but you get vanilla Android, which means more regular updates and none of the crap Amazon have added/want to sell you. Im not a big fan of Apple products, but I know what you mean about the ipad. Up to you if you want to pay the extra really

You shouldnt have any trouble watching "special" websites, unless they use Flash, but then they wont play on an ipad mini either.

ETA - if SkyGo is particularly important, stay away from the HDX - clicky

Edited by Mr X