E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

attachicon.gif1404909088689.jpg

Is this a decent build for gaming?

Depends what you want to play.

The graphics card is a couple of years old and looks like the stock model - I have a GTX660 but its the Ti overlocked version, which is supposedly a lot better.

Same story with the CPU really.

It will run plenty of games really well, but it probably wont play much at 1080p @ 60fps. Depends how important that is to you

Depends what you want to play.

The graphics card is a couple of years old and looks like the stock model - I have a GTX660 but its the Ti overlocked version, which is supposedly a lot better.

Same story with the CPU really.

It will run plenty of games really well, but it probably wont play much at 1080p @ 60fps. Depends how important that is to you

Meh, I was just having ideations of buying a gaming pc. It seems quite complicated and expensive though, the builds usually exclude monitors and keyboards/mouse etc and it's looking at near enough a grand for a good gaming pc. Might just stick to the PS4 :(

Meh, I was just having ideations of buying a gaming pc. It seems quite complicated and expensive though, the builds usually exclude monitors and keyboards/mouse etc and it's looking at near enough a grand for a good gaming pc. Might just stick to the PS4 :(

It is expensive, compared to a console. Theres nothing particularly wrong with the machine you posted, it would certainly be a good "starter" rig and play most things no problem. It wouldnt be long before you'd have to think about upgrading the GFX card, in particular.

You can pick up a reasonable monitor for £100ish quid, so you're still well short of a grand.

Is there any way to take the output from a TV ariel coaxial cable and connect it to a tablet ( Google Nexus 7) or laptop ?

Mobile signal at work is dreadful but there is an ariel cable sprouting from the wall for some reason.

Is there any way to take the output from a TV ariel coaxial cable and connect it to a tablet ( Google Nexus 7) or laptop ?

Mobile signal at work is dreadful but there is an ariel cable sprouting from the wall for some reason.

You could with the laptop, you would need some kind of USB TV card. Not sure how easy they are to get hold of with a coaxial input these days, though.

You could look at a USB digital TV stick, which acts as the ariel or a similar receiver for the Nexus.

You could with the laptop, you would need some kind of USB TV card. Not sure how easy they are to get hold of with a coaxial input these days, though.

You could look at a USB digital TV stick, which acts as the ariel or a similar receiver for the Nexus.

Had a look and getting confused..........it seems you need a decent phone or internet connection to work in which case I would just watch TVCatchup........unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.....aherm!!

Had a look and getting confused..........it seems you need a decent phone or internet connection to work in which case I would just watch TVCatchup........unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.....aherm!!

I think you are. I was thinking of something like this. It doesnt need internet access.

Im not in any way recommending that particular one, its was just the first result on google!

My sound on my laptop works fine until I play a video on Youtube, the video restarts itself after 2 seconds with no sound and then comes up with an error 2 secs into the restart. The sound then doesn't work on the laptop whatsoever but I have no idea what is the problem, Google isn't helping.

Hopefully someone will come up with a more informed answer, but if it happened to me, and it was a recent thing, I'd first try downloading the latest version of Flash, then if that didn't work try System Restore on a date before the problem started happening.

Cheers! I'm back in now plus I got this e-mail from them;

We're very sorry that you were unable to access BT Mail throughout Sunday 13th

July, and for the inconvenience caused.

Our email partner Openwave Messaging advised us of a problem on Saturday night

with migration, which meant that a minority of our customers lost their access

for several hours.

During that time, your mailbox will not have received any messages.

If you have not been able to find emails in your inbox, please let us know

here and we will contact you: BTMessaging@bt.com

Was in Glasgow today...HMV & Fopp.....fkn useless.

Im actually downloading it but its 40 odd GB!!!

Well the download had no sound so it's back to Amazon but still confused with the NTSC standard. I thought that was for the US and the UK is PAL?

Hai, guys. For whatever reason, my laptop is constantly losing its connection and going to 'Limited Internet' with that yellow exclamation mark through the internet bar at the bottom. Its easy to fix by troubleshooting it as that then goes and resets the Wireless Network Adapter, but, it happens so often that its rather ****ing annoying.

Any ideas? Ta.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it has an Infrared port, however this isn't explained on the tour. Am I right in thinking that this is activated via an app?

Yep, search for Samsung IR Blaster.

Note that is not the name of an app but what Samsung call the infrared port so that should get you started,

Edited by Browni