E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

What happens when you press the windows button? Also you don't have a second monitor plugged in or anything like that?

On the actual keyboard or at the bottom left hand corner? Nope, I don't. Going to football now, so will see when I get back.

edit: Back now and still the same, when I press the windows button the toolbar comes up, but goes away when I move the cursor again.

Edited by JackDFC

On the actual keyboard or at the bottom left hand corner? Nope, I don't. Going to football now, so will see when I get back.

edit: Back now and still the same, when I press the windows button the toolbar comes up, but goes away when I move the cursor again.

Scroll over where the toolbar should be. And it might come up, if it does then right click it(if it doesn't hit windows and then right click it) then bring up properties. And just check and use a bit of common sense to see if there's anything notable there.

Press F11?

Sorry yeah typo. RPC. Is this something I can fix or am I gonna have to take it to a shop?

You should be able to fix this, depending on if you can click a few boxes here and there. The only issue is that RPC is related to tons of services both as a dependent as well as a dependency so it can be loads of things triggering it. In fact just go to google and type "RPC service unavailable" and you'll see what I mean. Tons of hits.

If you've read through some of those pages and it's still throwing you out, the first things I would need to know is what OS are you running and can you get into the system long enough to check/amend your services?

How easy is it to use a proxy server to trick a website into thinking I'm abroad (so that I can watch a football match)?

Very easy, us 'foreigners' use it all the time to watch BBC iPlayer and the likes. The one I used cost something like five quid for a months access. Was very easy to set up. Am at work at the moment so can't post more details but I will when I get home.

How easy is it to use a proxy server to trick a website into thinking I'm abroad (so that I can watch a football match)?

Falkirk tv by any chance? ;)

Ok, I have a question;

I have a spreadsheet with my data all on the one sheet. I want it so that some of the data I select prints out on one page and the rest of it prints out on the other. How would i go about doing this?

Falkirk tv by any chance? ;)

Ok, I have a question;

I have a spreadsheet with my data all on the one sheet. I want it so that some of the data I select prints out on one page and the rest of it prints out on the other. How would i go about doing this?

There should be a "Set Print Area" option from the File menu. At least there used to be in the older Excels. Depending on how the sheet is laid out and what you want printed you might need to do it in two runs.

Right, you lovely geeky people, I need your help. I'm looking for a recommendation for some music editing software. I have a song that I want to cut a bit out of and make shorter, but it has to be completely idiotproof because I don't really know what I'm doing. Free trials are fine as it's just the one song and I'm not likely to need it again after that.

Right, you lovely geeky people, I need your help. I'm looking for a recommendation for some music editing software. I have a song that I want to cut a bit out of and make shorter, but it has to be completely idiotproof because I don't really know what I'm doing. Free trials are fine as it's just the one song and I'm not likely to need it again after that.

Audacity.

Totally free, and I can work it. Google it. Superb application.

My laptop has no memory left. Is this likely to be because of i-tunes using up all the memory. If so, what can I do about that?

Also I only have wordpad on my laptop and I've got an essay to do for uni, I'm not sure if wordpad is adequate for that. Thoughts? Can anyone suggest a free word processing similar to word.

My laptop has no memory left. Is this likely to be because of i-tunes using up all the memory. If so, what can I do about that?

Also I only have wordpad on my laptop and I've got an essay to do for uni, I'm not sure if wordpad is adequate for that. Thoughts? Can anyone suggest a free word processing similar to word.

You could try using Open Office, it has an equivalent of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, it's free and it's pretty similar to the Microsoft stuff. You could use Google Docs instead if you want something that you can use over as many computers as you'll ever use, you wouldn't have to install anything either as it's all in the browser. Just login with what ever email address you use on Google or set up an account if you don't have one.

You could try using Open Office, it has an equivalent of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, it's free and it's pretty similar to the Microsoft stuff. You could use Google Docs instead if you want something that you can use over as many computers as you'll ever use, you wouldn't have to install anything either as it's all in the browser. Just login with what ever email address you use on Google or set up an account if you don't have one.

Thanks. Will give Google docs a try as something I don't have to download is perfect due to space being at a premium.

Don't know if it's an option for you,but,lidl were selling an external hard drive,sure it was between 30-40quid.