E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Tesco have an HP deskjet wireless printer copier scanner for £37.97. Tesco printer link.

Most of the cheapos will be of similar quality, so for my tuppence worth i would look at cost of replacement inks (prob dearer than the copier but they dont come with full ones). Sorry but out that ballgame for a while so cant say which make is cheaper.

Most of the cheapos will be of similar quality, so for my tuppence worth i would look at cost of replacement inks (prob dearer than the copier but they dont come with full ones). Sorry but out that ballgame for a while so cant say which make is cheaper.

If your talking about the ink then all you do is go along to the inktwice store or whatever ink refill store is in your home town and save a bit of money that way.

I have a bit of a problem with my ipod touch. It keeps hanging on the apple logo screen and switches off then back on just to start the process all over again,also it is not recognised by the PC when I plug it in. Any help would be good,thanks.

I've been having a problem with my desktop recently, can anybody help?

For the last week, when I right click on the desktop or an icon on the desktop, it takes about 30 seconds to load the right click menu. I've cleared temporary files, freed up 50gb worth of space, defragmentated the C: Drive, uninstalled programs I don't need all in an effort to fix it, but it's still happening. Any Ideas on what is causing this?

I've been having a problem with my desktop recently, can anybody help?

For the last week, when I right click on the desktop or an icon on the desktop, it takes about 30 seconds to load the right click menu. I've cleared temporary files, freed up 50gb worth of space, defragmentated the C: Drive, uninstalled programs I don't need all in an effort to fix it, but it's still happening. Any Ideas on what is causing this?

worth a go

I'm looking for something as an in-between for my computer and TV. Like a...network hard drive or something...

What i'm trying to do is be able to send files (movies, music, pictures) to this hard drive, over my home network which i can then play on my TV.

My TV takes a USB port to play any media files (i already do this via. USB flash drive, but would like a more permanent means of storage) so, really what i want is a drive that has an ethernet port and a usb output.

Any such thing exist? Anybody have one? Anyone got a link to one? How much will this cost, i'm looking for something relatively cheap but with decent store, maybe 1TB? Is there an easier way?

Questions questions questions

I'm looking for something as an in-between for my computer and TV. Like a...network hard drive or something...

What i'm trying to do is be able to send files (movies, music, pictures) to this hard drive, over my home network which i can then play on my TV.

My TV takes a USB port to play any media files (i already do this via. USB flash drive, but would like a more permanent means of storage) so, really what i want is a drive that has an ethernet port and a usb output.

Any such thing exist? Anybody have one? Anyone got a link to one? How much will this cost, i'm looking for something relatively cheap but with decent store, maybe 1TB? Is there an easier way?

Questions questions questions

There are plenty of USB external hard drives out there with an ethernet port on too. Generally theyre a bit more expensive than straight USB external drives of the same storage size.

Something like this

There are plenty of USB external hard drives out there with an ethernet port on too. Generally theyre a bit more expensive than straight USB external drives of the same storage size.

Something like this

That looks ideal! :lol: bittorrent client built in? how did they get away with that?

I'm trying to upload a video to facebook from my Iphone but it stops half way through compressing the video. It's about 5 minutes long, is that too long to upload and if so what is the longest video you can upload to facebook from the Iphone?

We got a new PC this week and are putting our old one upstairs in our daughters room,How easy is it to get wireless installed in it folks?

You need to buy a wee wireless adapter, it's an antenna that plugs into your computer and you install a program and you're good to go.

Hello. I'm not sure if this should be in here but I'll give it a go anyway.

Today my brother and I purchased one of these:

free-xbox-360-250gb.jpg

We have a picture when playing but no sound. Can anybody shed some light on the problem?

free-xbox-360-250gb.jpg

We have a picture when playing but no sound. Can anybody shed some light on the problem?

What kind of connection to the tv are you using , on my ps3 ( may be the same ) I had the same problem and it was because I was using a HDMI cable and the sound was set to work through the scart , so just changed the audio output to hdmi and it worked.

Edited by AsdaLoyal

free-xbox-360-250gb.jpg

Yeah this, although on my tv it's two different channels(AV and HDMI) so it depends what your tv is like.

What kind of connection to the tv are you using , on my ps3 ( may be the same ) I had the same problem and it was because I was using a HDMI cable and the sound was set to work through the scart , so just changed the audio output to hdmi and it worked.

Or if you're using a scart cable then you're red and white cables aren't working, make sure you have them plugged in correctly. If you have a scart port and the 3 ports for them separately then try and use the other ports and see if that works.