E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment connecting my Nintendo DSLite to my new Virgin Media Super Hub. I know that this model of the DS only supports WEP level of encryption, as with my previous router I had to go on to the settings and change the security from WPA to WEP whenever I wanted to connect online with the DS. However, the problem I have now is that the new hub I have doesn't actually include WEP in its drop down menu of security encryption. Is there any way around this? I have a 3DS in the house at the moment too, but the game I'm trying to gain access with is still a traditional DS game (Pokemon Black 2). This means I have to use the settings included in that device to access Nintendo DS settings, but again I run into the same problem.

I couldn't find anything on the Nintendo Support pages, so hopefully somebody on here will have a solution, or be able to confirm that it's not achievable. While I remember, I should also include that it is in the list, it's just completely impossible to click on it to make the change, it's lightly shaded compared to the usable options.

I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment connecting my Nintendo DSLite to my new Virgin Media Super Hub. I know that this model of the DS only supports WEP level of encryption, as with my previous router I had to go on to the settings and change the security from WPA to WEP whenever I wanted to connect online with the DS. However, the problem I have now is that the new hub I have doesn't actually include WEP in its drop down menu of security encryption. Is there any way around this? I have a 3DS in the house at the moment too, but the game I'm trying to gain access with is still a traditional DS game (Pokemon Black 2). This means I have to use the settings included in that device to access Nintendo DS settings, but again I run into the same problem.

I couldn't find anything on the Nintendo Support pages, so hopefully somebody on here will have a solution, or be able to confirm that it's not achievable. While I remember, I should also include that it is in the list, it's just completely impossible to click on it to make the change, it's lightly shaded compared to the usable options.

You could use your hub in modem mode and plug in your your old router :)clicky

Edited by vip3r

Sounds like WEP has been disabled on the router. Without hacking around with it I can't see any way round it. I'm bored sure why you can't play it on 3ds though

Neither am I, it keeps making me use the connection for Nintendo DS, so the actual game obviously isn't compatible with anything other than the outdated WEP security. Thanks for the reply all the same!

You could use your hub in modem mode and plug in your your old router :)clicky

I'll give that a try, no idea why it didn't cross my mind before! Cheers!

I'm trying to uninstall Sweetim.com as it keeps coming up as my default browser instead of Google Chrome. The thing is I don't ever remember installing it and when I go to 'Control Panel'> 'Uninstall a program', it's not listed there. Anyone any idea's?

Thanks! Tried following the uninstaller instructions below like it says but the Sweetpacks chrome extension isn't listed. I'm stumped!

• Click on "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button (top right side).
  • From the menu select Tools => Extensions.
  • Locate "SweetPacks Chrome Extension" and click "Remove from Chrome" to uninstall.

Thanks! Tried following the uninstaller instructions below like it says but the Sweetpacks chrome extension isn't listed. I'm stumped!

• Click on "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button (top right side).
  • From the menu select Tools => Extensions.
  • Locate "SweetPacks Chrome Extension" and click "Remove from Chrome" to uninstall.

Try downloading Toolwiz. It has a load of tool for cleaning up your system, including an unistaller for apps and browser stuff

Is it just the toolbar thats showing in the browser? If so, go into the add-ons options in the browser and unistall it from there

This is what I'm getting when I open the Google Chrome desktop icon; http://home.sweetim....2-4CEB4280E43F}. It's not a major problem, more annoying than anything else. I just have to close it and the Google search engine page comes up,

This is what I'm getting when I open the Google Chrome desktop icon; http://home.sweetim....2-4CEB4280E43F} . It's not a major problem, more annoying than anything else. I just have to close it and the Google search engine page comes up,

http://www.dreamingknights.com/inside/remove-uninstall-sweetpacks-toolbar-firefox-chrome-registry/

Do registry my man ;)

I can't seem to download iPlayer on to my MacBook. I had downloaded it, but last week whenever I tried to download a programme it kept going to the "Install iPlayer" page. Once I clicked "Install" it then tells me there's a problem with the installation.

I've uninstalled iPlayer and tried it again but have the same problem.

What can I do?

I can't seem to download iPlayer on to my MacBook. I had downloaded it, but last week whenever I tried to download a programme it kept going to the "Install iPlayer" page. Once I clicked "Install" it then tells me there's a problem with the installation.

I've uninstalled iPlayer and tried it again but have the same problem.

What can I do?

Not very useful, but I had the same problem on PC. Not sure if it needs Adobe Air to work on Apple, but I spent a while (probably weeks) uninstalling and reinstalling both before it stabilised. Sorry. I would suggest uninstalling now and reinstalling on a different browser and see if that works.

Still no luck. I've deleted 1clickdownloader from Chrome extensions(didn't know that was part of SweetIM), deleted all Chrome SweetIM cookies using CCleaner and deleted all SweetIM registries using Reg Seeker but it's still there. lol