E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

My CD drive isn't reading any disks that I put in. I've tried an external drive plugged into one of the USB ports but same problem.

A closer inspection sees this;

post-6423-0-59067800-1343585504_thumb.jp

I can't update the driver so I'm assuming I'll just have to buy a new one. I don't need a DVD drive, just a CD will do so that it can read my disks. Any decent ones around or what sort of price should I be looking at?

clicky & clicky

some links to try

Simple question.

I have a Samsung Galaxy(the first one). Contract Cancelled. What's to stop me using a different SIM on the same phone?

As others have said, if it's locked to a network that'll be your only barrier. I tried to unlock my Galaxy S online but had no joy, so had to get it done at a shop. £15 it cost me, although I daresay shopping around you could get it cheaper.

Search on the interweb and see if you can find the driver

clicky & clicky

some links to try

Cheers guys, had a wee look and found one but it was to a website that wanted debit card details despite being "free" so gave that a body swerve.

Other search found one or two others on a forum with the same problem and buying a new driver resolved it, which is what I think I'll do.

Cheers guys, had a wee look and found one but it was to a website that wanted debit card details despite being "free" so gave that a body swerve.

Other search found one or two others on a forum with the same problem and buying a new driver resolved it, which is what I think I'll do.

Ive never had to buy a driver, keep looking u should find a free one for it, watch out for scammers

need a techy help

I had previously installed C&C red alert 2, and for some reason the video's wouldnt work, but with the ame playing correctly i never bothered

Having recently "obtained" a copy of Yuri's revenge i installed that, it worked but the mission briefings were muddled up, and for some reason after that my red alert 2 wouldnt work

So i completely removed all yuri's revenge and all red alert 2, and re installed red alert 2

Now for some reason all the videos work and the ame plays correctly, but the version is 1.0 and when i go to patch it to 1.006 the patch says it was successful but it doesnt take, the game still says its version 1

when i originally installed it (before yuri's revenge installation) i was able to patch it no bother, all you had to do was double click the patch .exe and it autoran

Now however it simply doesnt happen, ive tried googling but there's no information at all, anyone got any ideas?

Can anyone recommend an ad blocker for Firefox? I had been successfully using Adblock Plus for years until this week when it started causing issues with my Facebook (chat, sidebar and photos not showing correctly/at all). Since removing it I see Facebook have added extra ads in addition to those down the right hand side, so I assume this is to blame.

Can anyone recommend an ad blocker for Firefox? I had been successfully using Adblock Plus for years until this week when it started causing issues with my Facebook (chat, sidebar and photos not showing correctly/at all). Since removing it I see Facebook have added extra ads in addition to those down the right hand side, so I assume this is to blame.

It will only work on Facebook, but there's an add-on called FB purity that will block the adverts. Even better, there are filters on it that you can customise and it'll block out all the shite you don't want to see.

you can still use adblock but have it disabled on Facebook...click the red adblock icon when your on any facebook page and choose ''disable on facebook''

I honestly dont think there is a better ad blocking app/program

Some keys on my laptop don't work suddenly. I've tried removing them and cleaning the dust from underneath but thats not made a difference. Most of them are fine so cant understand why 6 or 7 are broken. Would it be best to go to a shop and get them replaced or could it be easy to fix?

Some keys on my laptop don't work suddenly. I've tried removing them and cleaning the dust from underneath but thats not made a difference. Most of them are fine so cant understand why 6 or 7 are broken. Would it be best to go to a shop and get them replaced or could it be easy to fix?

Easy enough to replace laptop keys yourself. Have a look on YouTube and you'll probably find someone's uploaded a step-by-step video.

my wee boys netbook had this problem mate, i removed the keys, cleaned it etc and put them back on properly going by the video's on youtube etc

still nothing, i would take it into the shop as its clearly something underneath that i cant get access to but it isnt worth the money as the netbook is quite old

Probably need to take it to a shop mate, has it had any bangs to it etc?

When its consecutive keys then the membrane is usually knackered and you will need to replace the keyboard.

Easy enough to replace and you can find compatible keyboards for most laptops on Ebay for £20-£30

Hope it's not a Sony cos they are nae cheap.

You could always buy a usb mini keyboard for under a tenner and use that instead tho

this by a thousand miles

Norton is pish anytime ive seen it on a computer, i myself use avast free and its never faulted on me

Trouble is that a trial version of it or McAfee are usually preloaded and they are a pain in the hoop to get totally out. Leave a trace and they can conflict with other progs.

Personally I refuse to use any anti virus and just go with malware stuff.