E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Right i had to replace my laptop's hard drive, is there any way I can sync my ipod's music to my new hard drive? I've been faffing about with it but I can't really be arsed copying all my cd's onto my laptop again.

Basically since my ipod is synced to my knackered hard drive, how do i change it so it now syncs to my new one?

This may or may not be of assistance.

I had an external hard drive which stopped working. It was basically a laptop drive in a case. The led just flickered all the time. With nothing to lose, I opened it up (carefully) and lightly touched the 'arm' which moves across the disk surface because it just didn't look 'right'. It worked when reassembled and is still working. Maybe you could fix your broken drive. Depends on the fault, obviously.

Sorry for very untechnical advice.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Dropped a laptop on it's head earlier and the screen is that inky fucked up way. Can't see a thing bar some vague startup stuff in a tiny portion of the screen that is still showing display.

Tried to connect up to tv via hdmi but this also seems to have ceased working.

So my question is, is the hdmi problem connected to the screen damage or have i potentially fucked up various things with the droppage.

Switched to virgin and everything is great, apart from a really annoying bug with favourites. I've gone through the channel list and saved my desired favourites.

When I clicked the blue button in viewing, it came up with a wee sub-menu on screen and I could flick down the dozen or so favorites I had chosen. At least it did for an hour or so...

Now when I hit the blue button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong??

Switched to virgin and everything is great, apart from a really annoying bug with favourites. I've gone through the channel list and saved my desired favourites.

When I clicked the blue button in viewing, it came up with a wee sub-menu on screen and I could flick down the dozen or so favorites I had chosen. At least it did for an hour or so...

Now when I hit the blue button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong??

If you are on a recording or a delay they menus dont come up, the delay thing is a pain as you can be 2 seconds delayed and not realise it

If you are on a recording or a delay they menus dont come up, the delay thing is a pain as you can be 2 seconds delayed and not realise it

Ah, you might be onto something here. I'll report back.

Nut, that doesn't seem to be it. I shifted up a channel which should be 'live' but nothing happening when I hit blue.

Edited by Fife Saint

Outlook (hotmail, live etc) is goosed for me currently. I can sign in but get the error message "Sorry there seems to be a problem with Outlook at the moment" and can't access any emails. No troubleshooting appears to help and the servers seem to be running fine. Any other outlook users experiencing this shite?

Outlook (hotmail, live etc) is goosed for me currently. I can sign in but get the error message "Sorry there seems to be a problem with Outlook at the moment" and can't access any emails. No troubleshooting appears to help and the servers seem to be running fine. Any other outlook users experiencing this shite?

Nope....fine for me.

all working OK here, try clearing your browsers cache and delete cookies.

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly do you want to do? You can download videos from YouTube (try something like Keepvid) and then edit them.

Sounds spectacularly uninteresting* I know, but I need to view two committee meetings from the Scottish Parliament archives and, using the transcripts, edit out certain answers.

I then need to keep the clips on USB stick or somesuch, to pass on to a training company.

* As uninteresting as it may sound, I fucking love my job!

Edited by mozam76

Anyone know if you can create video clips from videos that are on YouTube already?

Ive never done it, but presumably if you get a youtube downloader you could then edit them with video editing software

ETA - or you could try the Youtube editor and see if the videos you want are in the Creative commons videos list

Edited by Mr X