The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I didn't realise their success. Mainly due to the fact it's not really the type of band I listen to but i'll keep it in mind :) I mean, the last time I was at festivals was in summer 2009 and the headliners were bands like Kataklysm, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Nightwish, Motorhead, In Flames and Arch Enemy. How would you rate those bands in the grand scale of things? Also, as punk goes is anyone a fan of Rocket From The Crypt?

I also promise you all if I'm ever at a Slayer gig again I'll video the patch jacket men screaming "SLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". :P

I didn't realise their success. Mainly due to the fact it's not really the type of band I listen to but i'll keep it in mind :) I mean, the last time I was at festivals was in summer 2009 and the headliners were bands like Kataklysm, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Nightwish, Motorhead, In Flames and Arch Enemy. How would you rate those bands in the grand scale of things? Also, as punk goes is anyone a fan of Rocket From The Crypt?

I also promise you all if I'm ever at a Slayer gig again I'll video the patch jacket men screaming "SLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". :P

What festival was that? Certainly wasn't Sonisphere or Download, in 2009 they're headliners were Metallica and Faith No More and Slipknot. Motorhead aren't a big band anymore. They were at Download in the summer and they weren't even in the top three on the main stage, fourth down I think they were.

Not much love for punk on this forum, well I've not seen any.

What festival was that? Certainly wasn't Sonisphere or Download, in 2009 they're headliners were Metallica and Faith No More and Slipknot. Motorhead aren't a big band anymore. They were at Download in the summer and they weren't even in the top three on the main stage, fourth down I think they were.

Not much love for punk on this forum, well I've not seen any.

That was Wacken, Metal Camp, Legacy Festival and Summer Nights. Missed Faith No More about 5 times now sad.gif I mentioned on the festival thread that I'm heading to Metaltown in Gothenburg next summer. Looks amazing! Line-up so far is At The Gates, Volbeat, Watain, Cradle Of Filth, Soilwork, Parkway Drive and System of a down (Shit, didn't even realise SOAD were confirmed for that! You guys were right! tongue.gif ) Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Slipknot, In Flames and Lamb Of God are also rumoured. Plus I'm sure The Haunted and Dark Tranquility will play as they're local and have been pretty regular in the past.

Was just looking on the Metaltown website and saw this

FOOD & DRINKS:There will be a big selection of food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. You are not allowed to bring your own food & drinks. Beer and wine can be bought in separate bar areas. There are several water stations.

MISCELLANEOUS:You are not allowed to bring:

1. System cameras, video cameras and sound recording equipments.

2. Umbrellas. Bring rainwear instead.

3. Glas and plastic bottles, cans or containers.

4. Knives or any other weapons.<br

5. Chairs, stools, camping equipment.<br

6. Spike belts with spikes longer than one cm.

You aren't allowed to bring your own food, drink or camping equipment.

Edited by forehead7

Was just looking on the Metaltown website and saw this

[/font]

You aren't allowed to bring your own food, drink or camping equipment.

There isn't actually a camping area because it's held in the middle of gothenburg rather than a field. Be the first time i've been to a fest like that. But it does mean a bit of sightseeing etc aswell as awesome bands. I guess it's just like a massive gig held over a weekend.

There isn't actually a camping area because it's held in the middle of gothenburg rather than a field. Be the first time i've been to a fest like that. But it does mean a bit of sightseeing etc aswell as awesome bands. I guess it's just like a massive gig held over a weekend.

Ah ok, that makes sense. How much were tickets? I went onto the page but it was saying 1.4k of whatever the currency of Sweden is.

Ah ok, that makes sense. How much were tickets? I went onto the page but it was saying 1.4k of whatever the currency of Sweden is.

Think it worked out about £120 each? I'm in the process of booking a hotel aswell, which is actually turning out to be a lot cheaper than I expected. I'm treating this as a wee holiday. Based entirely around seeing At The Gates.

Think it worked out about £120 each? I'm in the process of booking a hotel aswell, which is actually turning out to be a lot cheaper than I expected. I'm treating this as a wee holiday. Based entirely around seeing At The Gates.

Yeah, Download has become my holiday for the past two years. If the Big Four announced to play Metal Town then I might go, best of both UK ones.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Did Megadeth not say their last show was back in 2008 or something.

Don't remember that at all. Normally I would take it with a pinch of salt, but with so much hype around this At the Gates reunion, when they said that it was their last show I thought they were being serious. Not that I'm bothered anyway, didn't enjoy them live or recorded.

As for favourite musicians :

On guitar, Victor Smolski

On bass, Marco Panichi.

On drums, Ingo Schwichtenburg but considering he tragically committed suicide in 1995, there's not a lot of live footage of him and certainly not any of him doing a solo (that I can find) but listening to any Helloween album pre-Chameleon should highlight why he was a great drummer.

I take it you know that they're doing the UK next year, at Bloodstock?

So much for their "last ever show" as announced on stage when I saw them two years ago laugh.gif

Aye I saw that they were at Bloodstock, but I'm not keen on going there. Too many twee metal bands playing, not my thing. As the line-up currently stands I'd only watch ATG and Immortal. maybe Morbid Angel.

seeing this live could be one of the highlights of my life!

I'd like to suggest a vocalist - Mikael Åkerfeldt. The way he can sing so cleanly but then following it up with a brutal growl always impresses me.

I fucking love Mikael Akerfeldt.

Also agree with the mentions of Meshuggah and Between The Buried And Me, was just listening to Meshuggah's Obzen before coming into this thread.