May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the longer the campaign goes on the more the SNP can play the Salmond card. There was a story last week that some Scottish Labour Westminster MP,S were unhappy with the campaign and the Gray man. Another few dodgy polls and we will see the Labour wheels wobble and the dirty campaign will start.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the longer the campaign goes on the more the SNP can play the Salmond card. There was a story last week that some Scottish Labour Westminster MP,S were unhappy with the campaign and the Gray man. Another few dodgy polls and we will see the Labour wheels wobble and the dirty campaign will start.

It's not even the Salmond card. It's the "Labour haven't even got anyone better than Iain Gray" card.

It's not even the Salmond card. It's the "Labour haven't even got anyone better than Iain Gray" card.

But most people don't even know who Iain Gray is, so he can't be having that much of an impact.

That's because none of their decent :lol: politicians want to be pissing about at Holyrood. It's the equivalent of landing a high up gig at the old regional councils. Not bad, but not as good as a gig at Westminster.

But most people don't even know who Iain Gray is, so he can't be having that much of an impact.

Yeah, but the point is they don't have ANYONE in the Shadow Cabinet who is instantly recognisable amongst all but the politically motivated and interested.

That's because none of their decent :lol: politicians want to be pissing about at Holyrood. It's the equivalent of landing a high up gig at the old regional councils. Not bad, but not as good as a gig at Westminster.

They are devoid of talent. They are losing there best MSP,s. The likes of Peacock and Hugh Henry will be missed. So we are left with Kerr hardly an economic guru and the likes of Johann Lamont ,who always gives you the impression she is chewing a wasp.

Today's Sunday Express seemingly came out in favour of an SNP vivtory - the Editor used his column to call on us to vote for them anyway - 'have they really done that badly to bring Labour back?' was the jist of his opinion. Can see a few papers come out SNP as well; would expect the Herald and Times to at least (in the later case probably more tactically).

Only 27% of Scots were able to identify Iain Gray when shown a photo of the Labour leader while 85% could name Mr Salmond.

Did the picture of Iain Gray have his name printed at the bottom?

I have to say, I'm sceptical. How did the polls go in just a couple months from Labour winning an overall majority, to the SNP being slightly ahead?

Some pollsters seem to use Westminster voting intentions to weigh their polls, which is erroneous and wrongly downplays the SNP's existing support from 2007. I also very much doubt people were actually thinking about the Scottish elections when polled a few months back.

Did the picture of Iain

Gray have his name printed at the bottom?

Some pollsters seem to use Westminster

voting intentions to weigh their polls, which is

erroneous and wrongly downplays the SNP's

existing support from 2007. I also very much

doubt people were actually thinking

about the Scottish elections when polled a

few months back.

I suspect that is bang on.

I'm a Tory at heart but I'm swithering over voting whether voting for them or SNP in Edinburgh Western. Is anyone local enough to know who's most likely to beat the incumbent Lib Dems? I suspect it's the latter, but I'm not certain, given a few varying 2nd/3rd places in recent years in both Westminster and Hollyrood elections.

In truth, I might even vote SNP in the regional vote to do my part to avoid another Labour Government under the disaster that is Iain Gray.

... who's most likely to beat the incumbent Lib Dems?

The Tories, Labour, the SNP, the Greens, Operation Christian Vote, Colonel Gadaffi, UKIP, George Galloway, a Swampy and Ad Lib joint ticket, a man who wandered into the count by accident, three horses, a goat, a block of sandstone, and me.

The Tories, Labour, the SNP, the Greens, Operation Christian Vote, Colonel Gadaffi, UKIP, George Galloway, a Swampy and Ad Lib joint ticket, a man who wandered into the count by accident, three horses, a goat, a block of sandstone, and me.

:lol: Belter. I really wouldn't be surprised if they are still there though after the election, there's an army of Lib Dems here.

just everyone vote snp, if not for their policies at least just to f**k labour.

Aye but fucking zombies will still vote labour in much of the west of Scotland. It's scary how it doesn't matter what gorilla in a suit they put up in most constituencies and end up being elected. Cuntos.

Yeah, but the point is they don't have ANYONE in the Shadow Cabinet who is instantly recognisable amongst all but the politically motivated and interested.

I would doubt most normal people would recognise ANYONE apart from Salmond. It is about as high impact politically as the old regional councils. I bet none of the rabble knew who led those either.

Archived