May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Henry McLeish has torn the Labour campaign to shreds on Radio Scotland - when even the most vapid politician in the history of scottish politics knows the campaign was crap then you know you made a complete and utter cock up.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Deputy of Labour's really is a fucking boot.

"We had an effective campaign model"

"Eh no you didn't, it was a total disaster"

She is BEELING!

Good stuff. He is a total c**t, excellent to see him lose (again).

Absolutely amazing result for the SNP, they really are the natural party of government in Scotland now. Labour have been taught a lesson and their terrible campaign, arrogance in not putting any candidates on the lists and sulky reaction to losing power in Scotland now sees them trounced and with a reserve team of MSPs to fight back (not that the first team will be any good).

This thread really isn't going to be like many of us envisioned, and I know you were looking forward to sulky SNP supporters, but wow! :D

This Labour woman on is playing it terribly.

Criticising the SNP for their campaign, despite it clearly trouncing theirs.

Criticising the SNP for their record, despite it clearly being found acceptable by voters.

And her reaction to the question about being humbled? She's humble at having lost colleagues and friends. Hardly the 'humbled by the voice of the people' answer.

In denial? Bitter?

Radio Scotland now saying that SNP will have a majority.

She is BEELING!

Sarah Boyak was on the verge of tears, she really struggled to keep it together.

Then attacked the SNP in her speech so......

post-11253-0-21418600-1304664700_thumb.j

f**k her :lol:

This thread really isn't going to be like many of us envisioned, and I know you were looking forward to sulky SNP supporters, but wow! :D

I didn't think Labour would win, I just thought it would be hilarious if they did.

As it stands, this is the SNPs version of 1997 for Labour.

I like the BBC's matter-of-fact summation of Brian Taylor's analysis:

Political editor Brian Taylor said Labour suffered two types of defeat. In some constituencies its share of the vote went up but it lost because the collapse in the Lib Dem vote went to the SNP (Glasgow Kelvin, Strathkelvin & Bearsden and Edinburgh East are examples of this). However, if Labour wanted to use this as a narrative for their poor performance, Brian Taylor says it would be "tosh". In head-to-head contests with the SNP, Labour lost.

You know what? The best thing about this election is that in Labour's arrogance with their constituency/list policy they have landed themselves with their third tier of politicians in Scotland. When part of the problem was that they fielded their second tier in the first place :lol:

Sarah Boyak was on the verge of tears, she really struggled to keep it together.

Then attacked the SNP in her speech so......

As have others. I don't understand it. It's as if they've been unjustly robbed of something.

Idea the popular masses preferred someone else seems unbelieveable.

You know what? The best thing about this election is that in Labour's arrogance with their constituency/list policy they have landed themselves with their third tier of politicians in Scotland. When part of the problem was that they fielded their second tier in the first place :lol:

I just looked up Johann Lamont's result. Despite having Glasgow Pollock, which should be a core safe Labour seat, she had to rely upon a recount: to win it by 623 votes over an SNP lad who's never run before. You'd think this might have made some bells ring in her head, but apparently not.

And she could be the woman to replace Ian Gray...

As have others. I don't understand it. It's as if they've been unjustly robbed of something.

Idea the popular masses preferred someone else seems unbelieveable.

As said umpteen times, they see themselves as the natural institution of governance in Scotland. You get a pathetic grasp of Marx. Shuffle into a council post in the Strathclyde monolith. Plod your way through until one day you're esteemed enough as a glorified councillor to do your master's bidding at the second-top table.

This just isn't fair! And they will never appropriately adapt to defeat. It is impossible to do with their mindset.

Waited up until Grey won his seat and then went to sleep.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've waited a long time to see some of these Labour clowns get what has been coming to them. Some of them were regional councillors and among the most arrogant people I have ever known. Well their own gave them a hoof in the chuckies.

Quite amazing watching that and seeing folk truying to understand what was going on.

LibDems :lol: :lol: It goes to show that most of their vote up here has been a protest vote or somewhere that folk felt they could dump a vote safe in the knowledge it wasnt the Tories or Labour that benefitted. It all melted off to the SNP :lol:

That was the funniest thing ever last night as I realised their list MPs would be even worse than the clowns they had wheeled out as MSPs previously.

I don't think they will be able to recover from this at Holyrood. They will have five years of REAL incompetence coming up at a time when they will need to impress the punters with their skills at opposition :lol: :lol:

Waited up until Grey won his seat and then went to sleep.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've waited a long time to see some of these Labour clowns get what has been coming to them. Some of them were regional councillors and among the most arrogant people I have ever known. Well their own gave them a hoof in the chuckies.

Quite amazing watching that and seeing folk truying to understand what was going on.

LibDems :lol: :lol: It goes to show that most of their vote up here has been a protest vote or somewhere that folk felt they could dump a vote safe in the knowledge it wasnt the Tories or Labour that benefitted. It all melted off to the SNP :lol:

I counted your UKIP vote lol!

Only counted 5 votes for the BNP in my samples btw. There was 3 very ugly 'heavies' wandering about the hall with BNP rosettes. They fucked off after half an hour!

Archived