May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you're below average? Dull, dull, dull...dull...barrysnotter, the creepy Labour activist. Do you even like football?

At least I'm not repetative in my use of English. Do you know any other words to convey the message of dullness*?

*scearybear looks up thesaurus.com to find "colourless, bland, plain" :lol:

At least I'm not repetative in my use of English. Do you know any other words to convey the message of dullness*?

Is that an attempt at deliberate humour? Or are you just a bit dim?

Funnily enough, I was in my bed sleeping while you were up in the wee small hours.

Still, at least you've learned some more words with which to describe yourself at the next interview. Now when the interviewer asks for five words that describe you as a person, you can quickly reel off, dull, creepy, colourless, bland and plain. Some of those words are a bit samey though, so it's maybe best to throw annoying into the mix. You probably won't get the job, but at least you'll have been honest.

Funnily enough, I was in my bed sleeping while you were up in the wee small hours.

Still, at least you've learned some more words with which to describe yourself at the next interview. Now when the interviewer asks for five words that describe you as a person, you can quickly reel off, dull, creepy, colourless, bland and plain. Some of those words are a bit samey though, so it's maybe best to throw annoying into the mix. You probably won't get the job, but at least you'll have been honest.

I take it you have no valid content to add to the conversation? You do seem rather obsessed with me and my dullness. I'd suggest it's an unhealthy obsession. You're not getting your hole no matter how long you stalk me.

Interesting blog article from Gerry Hassan which people might be interested in:

Back to the Future, Or Not: The Strange Rise of Scottish Labour

Good piece.

I cannot see Labour getting those levels of support. OK we now have a Tory led Government in Westminster. And for some reason that escapes me Scotland feels the need to swarm to Labour to protect them. They did not protect us the last time,remember the dismantling of our industry and the Poll Tax?

The SNP are at rates in the polls that are similar to the last Scottish elections,and the campaign has yet to kick off.Mind you it seems to have already got under way.

The big issue in many ways will be what happens to the Tory and Lib Dem vote. I do not see the sort of meltdown in the link you provided. I think the Lib Dems will hold most of their Constituency seats but they and the Tories could suffer on the list. It will also be interesting to see if we have a presence of Independents etc.

What ever happens the SNP must halt a majority Labour Government. That would be disastrous for much of Scotland. Labour will do what they always do spend(waste )money in their own areas. Forget about upgrading of the A9 etc if they get in.

You know what, the latest Unionist [because as we've seen yet again this week, the Unionist Parties vote in lockstep. None of this left-right nonsense] attempt at a smear is so pathetic, and so embarrassing, that I can't even bring myself to discuss it fully [because its just SO bad. Would anyone else like to fill in for me?

You know what, the latest Unionist [because as we've seen yet again this week, the Unionist Parties vote in lockstep. None of this left-right nonsense] attempt at a smear is so pathetic, and so embarrassing, that I can't even bring myself to discuss it fully [because its just SO bad.] Would anyone else like to fill in for me?

Not a clue what you're referring to. Care to elaborate?

You know what, the latest Unionist [because as we've seen yet again this week, the Unionist Parties vote in lockstep. None of this left-right nonsense] attempt at a smear is so pathetic, and so embarrassing, that I can't even bring myself to discuss it fully [because its just SO bad. Would anyone else like to fill in for me?

Not the attack of square brakets..ahhh Did you see FMQ Gray at his best[ sic].

I take it you have no valid content to add to the conversation? You do seem rather obsessed with me and my dullness. I'd suggest it's an unhealthy obsession. You're not getting your hole no matter how long you stalk me.

Run along, the Organ Grinder will be looking for you.

You know that slogan I use, London Knows Best? Want to see an actual demonstration of it? For that, we must go to the Telegraph!

Scottish Conservatives lose control to London

Effective control of the Scottish Conservatives has been passed to London party chiefs while an overhaul aimed at improving their “diabolical” election results north of the Border is implemented. Senior insiders told the Daily Telegraph that money raised by the Scottish Tories is being passed to the UK party along with ultimate oversight over a radical restructuring of their operations. In the latest sign Scottish party chiefs are being sidelined, applicants for three new regional campaign manager posts north of the Border are being asked to apply to the Conservatives’ Millbank headquarters in London. The Scottish Conservatives have been forced to accept their new status following the publication of a review by Lord Sanderson of Bowden, which was highly critical of their leadership, financing and membership recruitment.

One senior Scottish Tory told this newspaper: “Every penny we raise now has to go to London.” Another confirmed UK party chiefs had “taken control”, claiming they did not trust their Scottish counterparts to take the necessary action.

So I ask you all, who knows best? :lol:

You know that slogan I use, London Knows Best? Want to see an actual demonstration of it? For that, we must go to the Telegraph!

Scottish Conservatives lose control to London

So I ask you all, who knows best? :lol:

The Scottish Conservatives should chuck it. This has been tried before and it didn't work then and it won't work now.

The Scottish Conservatives should chuck it. This has been tried before and it didn't work then and it won't work now.

They won't chuck it, because they will continue to poll around the 13% to 16% in Scotland no matter how they do. Just enough to give them hope, not enough to give them significance. There will be a core of people that vote Tory no matter what, just like Labour have a core, the SNP have a core, and the Lib Dems have a much smaller core. The difference is that the blue rinse brigade are dying off, and the Tory party have proved completely unable to attract new or floating voters up here.

Incidentally, the above article is manna from fucking heaven to me, and completely validates my London Knows Best. The Scottish Tory Party have ceded total control to London because they can't carry out their own reforms, and there is no such party as Scottish Labour. Its wonderful. :D

Are they going to do another name change as well? I preferred when they called themselves 'Unionists' and quite openly relied on anti-Catholicism. The 'retro' version of c***s.

It worked for them in 1955 :lol:

I don't even know if they still stand under the Scottish Conservative and Unionist ticket any more. They certainly used to.

The point is that anyone wit a centre right viewpoint and interested in politics in this country has to leave to have a political career. I have known countless clever and talented folk that simply chucked politics altogether up here as it was pointless trying to fart against thunder. There really is no point when the odds are so stacked up against you. The press are left wing up here. The punters are tribally voting left wing. The opposition are all left wing. It's a waste of time getting involved.

Archived