The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Season 3 Episode 5: Decent, but not mind-blowing

The Governor has a zombie daughter.ohmy.gif

Keeping a bunch of zombies locked up too. For "experimental" reasons.

Michonne leaves Woodsbury, Andrea chooses to stay.

Daryl doing the parent act. laugh.giflaugh.gif

There was a very bizarre "entertainment" in Woodsbury. A sort of UFC championship with zombies, without teeth. Quite strange.

The episode concludes on a phone ringing in the prison. blink.gif

^^ Not qouting SLJ 'cause I'll see the spoiler.

How are you seeing the episodes so quickly? are you waiting up late until they become available online or are you streaming it?

A combination of really fast Korean download speeds and the fact I'm downloading it towards the end of an NFL game. When the NFL game is done, i watch it before going off to work.

The Carol saga continues......

Glenn makes sure three graves are dug and then near the end we see them all filled in so I'm assuming they must have buried a body for carol?

No, don't think so. T-Dawg didn't have much left of him, what would they have buried for him?

I hope the f**k not. If you remember to an earlier episode this season there was someone watching Carol when she was practicing how do to a C-Section on the walker. I think it will be something to do with them.

I took it to be the guy who let the zombies in...........

Thought it was a cracking new episode.

Season 3 Episode 5: Decent, but not mind-blowing

The episode concludes on a phone ringing in the prison. blink.gif

Spoiler from the comics;

In the comics, after Lori dies, Rick hears the same thing - a phone ringing and Lori is on the other end. Despite the fact that it's not plugged in, it still continues to ring.

The Carol saga continues......

Glenn makes sure three graves are dug and then near the end we see them all filled in so I'm assuming they must have buried a body for carol?

I don't know why they dug anything. Nothing to bury for Carol. T-Dawg got munched. Did they take Lori's body away or did the walker that Rick killed at the end eat her? I thought it was the latter but now I'm starting to think it may not have been.

It wouldn't make any sense to bury them anyway. They complained an episode or two ago that they wanted to burn all the walker bodies because they didn't want to bury them in case they affected the soil but surely a walker is the exact same composition of a dead body? Like, it's just a dead body that moves around. So putting a dead body in the ground would be the same thing as putting a walker in the ground.

^^ Not qouting SLJ 'cause I'll see the spoiler.

How are you seeing the episodes so quickly? are you waiting up late until they become available online or are you streaming it?

The 'perfectly legal' site I use, usually has the episodes uploaded at about 4am after it airs in the States.

I thought the most recent episode was more of a filler episode which helps detail Rick's descent into an zombie killing machine. Hopefully! I'm just looking forward to the groups confrontation with the Governor now. Daryl has also cemented his place as my favourite character in the show, with Rick and The Governor a close second.

Thought it was a cracking new episode.

Spoiler from the comics;

In the comics, after Lori dies, Rick hears the same thing - a phone ringing and Lori is on the other end. Despite the fact that it's not plugged in, it still continues to ring.

I don't know why they dug anything. Nothing to bury for Carol. T-Dawg got munched. Did they take Lori's body away or did the walker that Rick killed at the end eat her? I thought it was the latter but now I'm starting to think it may not have been.

It wouldn't make any sense to bury them anyway. They complained an episode or two ago that they wanted to burn all the walker bodies because they didn't want to bury them in case they affected the soil but surely a walker is the exact same composition of a dead body? Like, it's just a dead body that moves around. So putting a dead body in the ground would be the same thing as putting a walker in the ground.

I dunno why they dug anything either, like you said they didnt want to put any zombies in the ground, they havent actually found Carol yet and that Zombie more than likely ate Lori. Which I thought was a bit weak, he ate every single bit of her? no bones left? no leftover bits of skin? not even a little? What they probably did for the graves was just put personal items in them.

I dunno why they dug anything either, like you said they didnt want to put any zombies in the ground, they havent actually found Carol yet and that Zombie more than likely ate Lori. Which I thought was a bit weak, he ate every single bit of her? no bones left? no leftover bits of skin? not even a little? What they probably did for the graves was just put personal items in them.

Yeah, I was thinking the same about the bones and stuff. How fucking long did it take Rick to get there if that zombie could eat the whole of her! laugh.gif

How many personal items could they have though, I mean, they should be travelling light in the zombie apocalypse!

This episode was never going to live up to last weeks episode but it was very good nevertheless.

I presume at one point, Michonne will come back to the village and unleash the Governors zombie daughter out into the town, leading to the people longer trusting him because he had kept a walker within the grounds of the village? Don't really want an answer from anyone who has read the books - just my thoughts.

I too was puzzled as to why they dug graves with nobody in them unless of course they have found Carol. A walker wound't have eat a complete human so that was one of the very few careless mistakes IMO. They left it on a puzzling end with the phone ringing in the jail. I have a sneaky suspicion it could be the man and son who we seen at the very start if the episode as I feel we haven't seen the last of them. Next week should be another cracker - Michonne & Andrea seem to be on the run and we'll find out who was on the phone which may lead to Rick leaving 'base' and heading out to the wild were...shit will go down.

No doubt all my hypothesis are wrong but I shall wait and wonder.

Wonder what the deal was with the doctors jacket? His sleeves looked like they were covered in silver duct tape and the walker went to bite him and then couldn't bring itself to do it. Im certain it didnt even latch on so something deterred it to which Mearle said "thats the last time I make fun of that jacket" or something. Maybe covered in Walker scent or something?

Im now thinking that person watching Carol work on the Walker might have been the black guy that was sabotaging the prison. And I definitely think Carol is still alive cause they find her knife next week, im just wondering why she hasn't tried to make her way back to the group before then.

i enjoyed this one biggrin.gif

Rick finally turning into a full scale nutter, and the phone was wondering when that would start.

comic spoiler

wonder how they are going to fit in the rape scene and michonne making the guv into a part bodied maniac :) doubt it will be quite so graphic. so much to look forward too :) not sure if the baby will live in this but it seems like they are using it to draw the group closer together.

comic spoiler

wonder how they are going to fit in the rape scene and michonne making the guv into a part bodied maniac :) doubt it will be quite so graphic.

I don't think it'll happen. AMC are pretty loose with content but even that's pushing it. Same reason why they didn't have Carl shoot Shane as a human but as a zombie.

I don't think they'll do the rape thing or the hand cut off for Rick. Those were done in the comics to show that no one was safe and everyone was in constant danger.

Why would they not do a rape scene? The Sopranos and Treme have both done them.

Both of them are on HBO, which isn't the same type of network as AMC.

I had this discussion with an American after last week's episode. HBO is a paid channel (like above and beyond) whereas AMC is just on basic cable. AMC have stricter guidelines than HBO.

Same reason why stuff like Game of Thrones can have violence (like The Walking Dead) but also have nudity etc.

Watched ep 4 on Tuesday night holy SHIT! My wildest dreams of Lori dying came true. :D (I don't read the comcis so I didn't anticipate it at all)

Glad to see the non-character that was T-dogg perishing. That baby is going to become a major set-back though

This governor bloke looks like it could get very interesting.

Watched ep 5 last night:

Ricks rampage was great, looks as if he's going to become an outsider type killing machine now with Daryl taking over leadership of the group

That Andrea bird needs to die, hopefully that happens - I can't stand her at all.

I know that they have dug a grave for Carol and i suspect that she actually isn't dead, but, where the f*ck is she then??

Oh, who is penny (the governors zombie daughter?) and all the other names in that book michonne found? I didn't get that part at all, hopefully it's explained

This seaon has been excellent so far, blows season 2 out the water already.

Why would they not do a rape scene? The Sopranos and Treme have both done them.

I don't think having the rape scene or not is down to potentially upsetting the audience, it's down to the decisions in plotting the show. The TV version has small to large variations from the comic plots and there's a good chance they've decided not to do it. On the other hand, it might simply happen later on in a different way. Shane gets offed very early in the comics but stuck around for quite a while on TV.