The Falkirk FC Thread

I've never seen the guy play but 75k seems a bit steep?

lol

He's got a lot of raw potential, I've seen him 3-4 times in the flesh plus highlights. Physically he's big, strong and quick plus he has decent feet. The caveat is of course the level he's playing at. It's easy to look good against a lot of the cloggers in League Two and we've seen plenty others step up and fail.

75k is probably a very good first team wage for a season. It's whether we'd want that gamble or not. I'd take him ahead of McHugh certainly who seems to be a permacrock.

lol

He's got a lot of raw potential, I've seen him 3-4 times in the flesh plus highlights. Physically he's big, strong and quick plus he has decent feet. The caveat is of course the level he's playing at. It's easy to look good against a lot of the cloggers in League Two and we've seen plenty others step up and fail.

75k is probably a very good first team wage for a season. It's whether we'd want that gamble or not. I'd take him ahead of McHugh certainly who seems to be a permacrock.

Lol? I'm just saying its a lot of money for a unproven player, basically the same thing you've went on to say.

Austin lives relatively nearby to me, went to school with my Mrs. If I bump in to him I'll put in a good word for us. Can't imagine £75k will be the fee though, closer to £50k I'd have thought.

Edited by Kris.

I just don't see what McGrandles gets out of a loan deal with us. Okay first team football but I would have thought he could get that at a higher level then Scottish championship on loan elsewhere and that's surely what he needs. I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm not convinced McGrandles is what we need, Taiwo coming back soon and sometimes with loan players clauses are put in for them to play which may upset the tight bond all the players have, tho the same goes with anyone coming in. I'm not fully convinced with loan deals in January, feel it's better to have a 6 month deal or longer in this window.

Width and pace to change from bench is what I'd like to see come in, Miller really the only game changer when he is on the bench

Anyone want to brief me on Nathan Austin?

Absolutely tore us to shreds in the cup early in season, very quick, strong and has that bit of something that makes him a real pest. Went down pretty easily on a few occasions, but I guess that's the norm for players nowadays. He took a few chances before he scored against us, but when he did it was a tremendous lob from a tight angle.

Him and Baird upfront would be a real handful for most defences at this level imo.

I'm not convinced McGrandles is what we need, Taiwo coming back soon and sometimes with loan players clauses are put in for them to play which may upset the tight bond all the players have, tho the same goes with anyone coming in. I'm not fully convinced with loan deals in January, feel it's better to have a 6 month deal or longer in this window.

Width and pace to change from bench is what I'd like to see come in, Miller really the only game changer when he is on the bench

I would love to have mcgrandles back , one of my favourite players of recent years ...but where would we play him? I can only think of RHS of midfield replacing an occasionally brilliant but mostly ineffectual alston

Absolutely tore us to shreds in the cup early in season, very quick, strong and has that bit of something that makes him a real pest. Went down pretty easily on a few occasions, but I guess that's the norm for players nowadays. He took a few chances before he scored against us, but when he did it was a tremendous lob from a tight angle.

Him and Baird upfront would be a real handful for most defences at this level imo.

According to someone who has never seen him play he's overpriced, so I'll be taking your view with a pinch of salt.

FFS Hibs fans think he is a waste of money having never seen him. Why would I listen to a guy like you when the Easter Road Oracles have spoken. :rolleyes:

It's not like Hibs have even made poor signings now is it?

Sounds like an upgrade on Botti who we got 125k for.

Sounds like an upgrade on Botti who we got 125k for.

To be fair to Botti, his two biggest contributions in a Falkirk shirt were giving us a fighter's chance in the cup final and winning a square go against some no-name from the Scumfermline so for that he goes down as a decent lad in my book.

To be fair to Botti, his two biggest contributions in a Falkirk shirt were giving us a fighter's chance in the cup final and winning a square go against some no-name from the Scumfermline so for that he goes down as a decent lad in my book.

He could have had a better chance in the final if he showed up for training before it.

Austin lives relatively nearby to me, went to school with my Mrs. If I bump in to him I'll put in a good word for us. Can't imagine £75k will be the fee though, closer to £50k I'd have thought.

He's well known around Fife, played against him loads.

He's unsurprisingly a far better player than me, played in defence a few times and he's a nightmare to play against.