The Falkirk FC Thread

So I presume hee haw else happened late last night. Wee bit disappointing after the rumours flowing about that at least one more might be coming. Never mind at least we never lost anyone major.

We could still sign free agents remember.

Hoping that Mehmet and Tokarczyk get the opportunity to push on with us next season. By all accounts I've heard positive reviews about Mehmet prior to him joining us. Tokarczyk looked alright against Fraserburgh and was very unlucky to concede the goal. Would rather both than Bowman next season

I seem to remember him looking nervous and making a mess of coming off his line for their goal.

From where I was sitting he rushed out, made the save and then the ball ricocheted off the striker and under him. Other than that, he was fine

What do you mean by frustrating player? What did he do wrong?

He holds on to the ball a bit too long he looks a bit like higginbottom when he first came to the club. A bit more skilful though, he sometimes looks not really interested when he's not on the ball, but he's good when he's on the ball.

Hoping that Mehmet and Tokarczyk get the opportunity to push on with us next season. By all accounts I've heard positive reviews about Mehmet prior to him joining us. Tokarczyk looked alright against Fraserburgh and was very unlucky to concede the goal. Would rather both than Bowman next season

I'd guess Mehmet is in the driving seat to remain next season as to prove what he can do in development league and may get a first team chance near the end of the season if we are playing games that mean we are in a position where we have our place in the league confirmed. I wasn't too convinced with Tokarzyk on his debut, goal he lost, I feel he should've done better and was slow to react, it was just one game but we seem to have lost a lot more goals in the development league since he came in.

I'm sure we will be monitoring both Tokarzyk and Bowman, so the ball is their court. Mehmet has a great name for paper headlines.

Good game - Mehmet definitely not Meh

Bad game - Mehmet was a bit Meh

I also wonder if Aberdeen may come calling close season for one of our players with a package of cash plus players, Rogers being one as there has been a lot of smoke about them being interested in a few of our players, they of course will be have Rogers monitored, so their eye will have been on our squad

I'd guess Mehmet is in the driving seat to remain next season as to prove what he can do in development league and may get a first team chance near the end of the season if we are playing games that mean we are in a position where we have our place in the league confirmed. I wasn't too convinced with Tokarzyk on his debut, goal he lost, I feel he should've done better and was slow to react, it was just one game but we seem to have lost a lot more goals in the development league since he came in.

I'm sure we will be monitoring both Tokarzyk and Bowman, so the ball is their court. Mehmet has a great name for paper headlines.

Good game - Mehmet definitely not Meh

Bad game - Mehmet was a bit Meh

I also wonder if Aberdeen may come calling close season for one of our players with a package of cash plus players, Rogers being one as there has been a lot of smoke about them being interested in a few of our players, they of course will be have Rogers monitored, so their eye will have been on our squad

I think Rodgers contract runs out at Aberdeen at the end of the season?

That was my understanding too.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression Rogers last game will be the playoffs.

Why wouldn't he come back next season as either a loan signing or just a signing?

Yep it is but he is under 24 so a development fee will be required, that's if Aberdeen want to keep him and offer him contract on same or more wage as previously

All ifs and buts, but the player may have bigger fish to fry with a club willing to pay whatever fee required as I doubt we would, twas just my thinking that Aberdeen could be easy to deal with and add another player or loan and cash for one of our players come summer, long way off for that tho.

The ball is in Rogers court to some extent, tho recent phone prank with the club gave us a real indication to where we are in terms of wages that we will pay around 5-£600 for certain players, just as many of us thought already.