The Falkirk FC Thread

The difference is that they can be converted into seats when required.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

They cost a fortune by all accounts so would presumably be out of the question for us short term.

You actually don't even need the rail seating in place to comply with SPFL rules. Standard 'old school' terracing would be sufficient but probably a step backwards.

The difference is that they can be converted into seats when required.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

They cost a fortune by all accounts so would presumably be out of the question for us short term.

You actually don't even need the rail seating in place to comply with SPFL rules. Standard 'old school' terracing would be sufficient but probably a step backwards.

I 'm afraid I'm still dont see the benefit though.  Surely its cheaper to put in normal seats and just allow folk to stand up if they want like they do anyway at a lot of grounds. Whats the benefit from having rail seating over  allowing people to stand at their seats just now?

I've never had a close look at this rail seating. Whats the difference between that and just allowing people to stand up at the seats they have in place just now?

I've never had a close look at this rail seating. Whats the difference between that and just allowing people to stand up at the seats they have in place just now?

Because folk would be standing in front of people who want to sit.

It's also quite dangerous IMO to stand when you've got the back of the seat in front of you immediately next to your legs due to the possibility of the crowd behind surging forward. Everyone would go down like a pack of cards!

Aye but surely you'd just make areas where everyone stands like your doing with the rail seating. I've stood at loads of games in current stands and have never come across any incidents or problems. Rail seating to me is just an unecessary cost.

Why does anything in this world happen.... ever.....

£££££££££££

Yeah fair enough, but why not just build 4 stands that equated to around a 9000 capacity rather than build 3 bigger ones?

Bizarre.

Main reason was cost. With this being a joint venture with the council it was them that wanted to build a big expensive main stand to start with not us in the main. They wanted the extra office space involved. The other two stands are being paid for solely by the club. It means though we have 3 stands compared to other grounds that have 4 that have cost peanuts in comparison. A 4th stand will be funded completely by falkirk to when the right deal is on the table.No point in us spending money we dont have on a stand that will only be used very infrequently. Plans are in the pipeline to get the ground finished in the near future though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Didnt they start of building for 10k before they reduced it to 6? Also any terracing which can be used at champ l1 and l2 level can be used in the premiership. They also dropped the requirement for undersoil heating. Funny how having nae money can get rid of pretences pretty quickly.

Main reason was cost. With this being a joint venture with the council it was them that wanted to build a big expensive main stand to start with not us in the main. They wanted the extra office space involved. The other two stands are being paid for solely by the club. It means though we have 3 stands compared to other grounds that have 4 that have cost peanuts in comparison. A 4th stand will be funded completely by falkirk to when the right deal is on the table.No point in us spending money we dont have on a stand that will only be used very infrequently. Plans are in the pipeline to get the ground finished in the near future though.

Well now I know, it all sounds a wee bit poorly planned.

Is there a need for a 4th stand? Cosmetically yeah sure, but you'll never fill it.

To compare, Pars have filled 12k at East End once in the last 10 years and it was against our local rivals to decide a championship.