The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't talk shite, the only thing that matters to players is wages.

Christ if we go up and cant compete with st johnstone on the wages front chances are we'll go straight back down. Id like to think with bigger crowds and a good bank balance we'd at least be able to do that.

Christ if we go up and cant compete with st johnstone on the wages front chances are we'll go straight back down. Id like to think with bigger crowds and a good bank balance we'd at least be able to do that.

You won't be competing with us wage wise. We'll attract a higher calibre player simply due to league standing and previous. You'd be competing with Hamilton and Inverness most likely, crowd size or not.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Falkirk even if you do go up are anywhere near as an attractive proposition as saints.

If you guys go up it and play the majority of the Championship squad, u will do ok? Our first year up we played the first quarter with virtually our championship winning team and did ok.

My concern would be that by January that season, Archibald had moved Baird, Muirhead and Kerr onto other clubs, because they were out of their depth. Therefore you need to hope that a few years more experience will have benefited them and they are better equipped this year.

From what I have seen of the Championship this season, having g taken in a few midweek games there is nothing between Falkirk and the bottom 6 in the Premiership.

You won't be competing with us wage wise. We'll attract a higher calibre player simply due to league standing and previous. You'd be competing with Hamilton and Inverness most likely, crowd size or not.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Falkirk even if you do go up are anywhere near as an attractive proposition as saints.

Christ ive heard it all now.

You have got to be fucking joking!!!

Wait Falkirk fans think I'm kidding, I've not said anything that isn't entirely truthful and correct.

In a choice between the two clubs, saints are easily the more attractive pretty much all the time.

Think a lot of our fans think we're bigger than we are... No way we'll compete with st Johnstone unless we stayed up a couple seasons

We're not even promoted and this chats started.

Absolutely this.

If we go up, and I think we are outsiders in the playoff final, I would expect us to be competitive with all bar the Bigot Twins, Aberdeen and Hearts.

We absolutely would not. I'd expect us to be competitive with Hamilton and maybe another of Partick/Inverness, but that's about it.

If you guys go up it and play the majority of the Championship squad, u will do ok? Our first year up we played the first quarter with virtually our championship winning team and did ok. My concern would be that by January that season, Archibald had moved Baird, Muirhead and Kerr onto other clubs, because they were out of their depth. Therefore you need to hope that a few years more experience will have benefited them and they are better equipped this year. From what I have seen of the Championship this season, having g taken in a few midweek games there is nothing between Falkirk and the bottom 6 in the Premiership.

The standard of the SPL has went backwards year by year, the league is now full of a lot of failures from down south, the fact that its now deemed a capture for Rangers for a 32yr old Joey Barton and 32yr old Krancjar and one of Celtics top 3 players is on loan tells its own story, every club in Scotland are now selling clubs.

I dont see it getting any better with the other clubs in that group of 8 with their best players either leaving to go down south and earn big bucks or get a slight step up to the Aberdeen's or Hearts.

If successful in the play offs, we would need to improve our squad. we do have a few players that are good enough for the championship but not the SPL in either ability and/or fitness. The SPL tho is a train crash and for me much a muchness between so many clubs in it, the fact that so many clubs were split by few points suggests that to be true, but unfortunately or fortunately its where you strive to be and piss up weekends to Inverness being my huge bonus if successful. 

We absolutely would not. I'd expect us to be competitive with Hamilton and maybe another of Partick/Inverness, but that's about it.

If we go up, and I think we are outsiders in the playoff final, I would expect us to be competitive with all bar the Bigot Twins, Aberdeen and Hearts.

Then you're fuckin deluded.

Its sort of shows how poor Falkirk have been lately they have to go back 16 years to find something to insult us about