The Falkirk FC Thread

Turmoil in Grangemouth.

Nope feck all happening in Grangemouth. Just back from down the town, was in Asda too and nothing happening. Drove down Bo'ness Road then Inchyra Road past Ineos and nothing there either so nope no meltdown in Grangemouth.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope feck all happening in Grangemouth. Just back from down the town, was in Asda too and nothing happening. Drove down Bo'ness Road then Inchyra Road past Ineos and nothing there either so nope no meltdown in Grangemouth.

That's me convinced :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

Firstly let me say Good Luck Will came here to prove you were able to cut it and did played for hee haw and became a Falkirk Hero. Now PH has to find a replacement to me John Rankin is a good squad player and handy for coming of the bench. Ideally I would like Houstie to gamble on two or three untested youngsters from outwith Scotland on frees signed on 12 month contracts if they come good brill if not bye bye no loss apart from wages which I would cap at £500pw.

No loss apart from the fact we'll be back to being shit this season.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No loss apart from the fact we'll be back to being shit this season.

Why because we have lost Will if Houstie goes out and brings in a youngster who turns out to be a world beater or two youngsters who are capable replacements for Will Vaulks will we still be shite. Calm down and bitch about it if it happens

Edited by Gus2

Just in your head instead then :lol:

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We'll finish our Stadium sooner than your mob will pay their debts.

We did, 6p in the pound. 4 stands and no debt, what a beautiful club.

Just now, Barn said:

That's not paying your debt that's ripping people off I hope your boss pays you 6p for every £1 earned see how you like it Ya f**king 6 fingered inbred mutant

I'd much rather we spent the cash on actually bringing in a couple of quality players for a change that would strengthen our team overall. As I mentioned previously Jeffries used to do this . Sell a quality player and use the cash to bring in 2 or 3 other good players so that you end up with a better side instead of simply trying to replace the outgoing player . It's time the fans got something back for their support. For too long we've been flogging our best talent and replacing them with inferior players. Most of us thought that as the bank balance improved this wouldn't happen so often but it's still happening. We don't need the money so let's spend it on a couple of players that will get the fans off their seats.

Delighted for Will TBH, he was prepared to play for peanuts to prove himself and did exactly that - good luck to the fella. 

I have no idea what to expect from Rankin, I guess he'll be fairly proficient and will do a job though and I'm certainly prepared to give him a chance.

I'd be disappointed if we don't add to the squad now - we've enough to make the play-offs but we know we need more if we've to make the step up, losing Vaulks could prove fairly pivotal and must be a wee boost to the rest of the league.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

3 minutes ago, Barn said:

Is that including some terracing with a few seats flung in and a main stand that would raise a few quid on the antique roadshow. We've built 3 new stands which is still one more than your lot.

I'm absolutely raging at this signing [emoji23]

It's no surprise that Vaulks was going to be away this summer, he was the obvious pick given the profile he's built up and the fact he's well suited to football down South due to being physical. Houston should have had a contingency plan in place.

It's almost too clichéd to be true that it's John pissing Rankin that's the contingency plan. He gets flack for being a lazy manager and he has taken the laziest possible option here. We will have no creativity or goalscoring threat in the centre of the park now. Rankin and Vaulks are completely different types of player. There is no plan here, he's just signed his old mate who happened to be available and right under his nose.

Scottish teams are murder and we're continuing to sign their cast offs. Depressing stuff.

10 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

That's not paying your debt that's ripping people off I hope your boss pays you 6p for every £1 earned see how you like it Ya f**king 6 fingered inbred mutant

Gus, is that tears I see? Are you... crying?

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is that including some terracing with a few seats flung in and a main stand that would raise a few quid on the antique roadshow. We've built 3 new stands which is still one more than your lot.

Maybe so, but at least ours is actually in the town instead of out in the middle of a blast zone.

Just now, Barn said:

Gus, is that tears I see? Are you... crying?

Maybe so, but at least ours is actually in the town instead of out in the middle of a blast zone.

ER Naw the crying was from al those people your club defaulted on payments too. How many people did your club put on the dole. What your club Rangers Livingston and Hearts did was nothing less than legal robbery

I'd be embarrassed by that. You are no better than Sevco, Livingston or the rest of the clubs that haven't fulfilled there commitments in relation to debt. Not a beautiful club an embarrassment of a club. Mind you being tight with money is the Fife way.