The Falkirk FC Thread

RC55 FFC I have been banging the drum for us to sign the likes of McKay Stephens on loan & wondering if you have some credible info here- he is exactly the kind of young player who we should be going after - skilled, eye for goal, and a point to prove

Is this a serious post?

Money talks.If you offer them a few hundred grand each for a years loan I reckon celtic would loan them to anyone. If there not getting a game then they may as well be making you cash. Step up for henderson from last year's third placed side to the second placed at the end of the day.

Money talks.If you offer them a few hundred grand each for a years loan I reckon celtic would loan them to anyone. If there not getting a game then they may as well be making you cash. Step up for henderson from last year's third placed side to the second placed at the end of the day.

Few hundred grand each? For a years loan? :lol: :lol: Thought you were being serious for a minute..

Why not? We keep hearing hibs are a big club they have double or season ticket holders...but then we have treble yours...

Are we talking about the Rovers? Not one Rovers fan has made a ludicrous suggestion like bringing GMS or Liam Henderson on loan, so not sure what point your trying to make? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Few hundred grand each? For a years loan? :lol::lol: Thought you were being serious for a minute..

If the money's there why not? No point in having over a million quid lying about in the bank and a shit team on the park.

Probably signing both might be ludicrous but why wouldn't one of them come on loan for example - assured of regular game time, don't have to personally relocate, know they would be joining a team who play to win - who would have thought the likes of Skacel would have come to you guys a couple of years back - all about ambition

If the money's there why not? No point in having over a million quid lying about in the bank and a shit team on the park.

It's true in the fact if you have the money, why not use it but for a couple of hundred grand, would you not rather go and maybe buy a couple of decent players instead of using that sort of money on loan signings for a year, and possibly have nothing to show at the end of the season, if you don't win promotion?

I also don't think GMS would drop down a league. He's easily able to play for a team like Ross County or Partick and improve them ten-fold..

Probably signing both might be ludicrous but why wouldn't one of them come on loan for example - assured of regular game time, don't have to personally relocate, know they would be joining a team who play to win - who would have thought the likes of Skacel would have come to you guys a couple of years back - all about ambition

As KDM has pointed out, this is the tail-end of Skacel's career. He may well be a wasted Jersey now. We can only hope he isn't. Skacel at 37 is a bit different than GMS at 26 or Henderson at 20 though..

Skacel is however an ex Jambo so it wouldn't have been a ridiculous suggestion that he would be playing as a Rover in a few years

17 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Are we talking about the Rovers? Not one Rovers fan has made a ludicrous suggestion like bringing GMS or Liam Henderson on loan, so not sure what point your trying to make? :lol:

The point I'm making is your laughing & pointing with your hivee pals as if we could never sign Henderson on loan..of course we could we are a far bigger club than rovers ya Fife vermin

2 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

The point I'm making is your laughing & pointing with your hivee pals as if we could never sign Henderson on loan..of course we could we are a far bigger club than rovers ya Fife vermin

You really couldn't. John Rankin is more like it for Failkirk. Henderson would only drop down to the championship to play for the Scottish cup holders.

I'd much rather we spent the cash on actually bringing in a couple of quality players for a change that would strengthen our team overall. As I mentioned previously Jeffries used to do this . Sell a quality player and use the cash to bring in 2 or 3 other good players so that you end up with a better side instead of simply trying to replace the outgoing player . It's time the fans got something back for their support. For too long we've been flogging our best talent and replacing them with inferior players. Most of us thought that as the bank balance improved this wouldn't happen so often but it's still happening. We don't need the money so let's spend it on a couple of players that will get the fans off their seats.

Couldn't agree more. Selling to consolidate our bank balance was acceptable and understood a few seasons back and with a few decent cup runs on top of these sales we're in a good place financially. Or so the BOD keep spouting at our AGMs. Houstie has proven he can do a job on a limited budget so give him a chance with the Vaulks cash to push on. He's earnt it and the fans have earnt to see it on the park.