The Falkirk FC Thread

I've generally been against a back five but it does suit the players we have now.

Kidd would have to be the right back, and ideally you'd have two of Taiwo/Kerr/Rankin in the middle with Sibbald letting Sibbs get forward.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I simply dont see Baird lasting in the starting 11 at this rate. And certainly not as a 1 up top after yesterday. It was abundantly clear, and even more so after the changes, that it was wrong.

I know hes done it before, but McHugh, Miller and Austin are all a better fit for one up top.

It's not just his inability to play as a lone striker, it's the fact he's always just giving the ball back to the players behind him and compressing the team shape into a smaller space. Even as part of a pairing he looks completely at odds to the rest of the team, constantly running in the wrong direction and getting there too late to affect the defenders in any way. With Baird on the field we sit deeper than we do with other players up top because he's not an out ball. Even against Elgin bringing on Baird actually brought them back into the game and had us looking shaky for a bit. 

At this point I honestly have no idea whether Hibs will walk the league this year or not, mainly because we havn't really seen them in representative games. They havn't been in the league cup stages so the only evidence we really have is the Brondby games which I would say were a mixed bag. My personal take home from those is that they may actually be a weaker team than last year. Lennon won the league with Celtic but he didn't exactly set the world on fire at Bolton and judging managers by what they do at Celtic is a lottery in my opinion, all you can do is determine the dreadful ones like Deila. Grant Holt looks badly out of condition and the loss of Henderson is a big one. I would suspect their season will come down, once again, to the form of the "pirlo barnet" sporting Jason Cummings. As a Falkirk fan, i'm actually a bit more concerned with Dunfermline. They have made sensible signings, beaten Hearts pre-season and so far, I believe, not lost a game while scoring quite a few goals in the process. I would have bitten your hand off for Higgenbotham and Reilly even before we lost Vaulks. 

6 hours ago, Deeboy said:

I suppose I should have quoted them, still funny to see you squirming then going back and deleting them.

Lesson learned for both of us, I reckon. 

Deleted nothing in this thread. So you can assume and haver all you want. Real lesson learned, never assume.

Reading some of the extensive posts here I'm not sure that Falkirk fans are as confident as maybe they were at the end of the 2015-2016 season, which is interesting in itself.

I would say there is a reasonable expectation about Dunfermline staying up and finishing 4th or 5th. Being honest though most Pars fans I've spoken to are looking forward to the games between us but not all sound that confident.

We'll all find out soon enough when the league kicks off and we get away from these friendlies and shit league cup games.

Not wanting to discuss this further than this particular post, here's my last word on it.

I received a public warning about my incessant trolling. I e-mailed the admin guy and I was told to tone it down as they had a lot of complaints about me.

Assume that some of the posts were then deleted by admin.

That's it really. So I've agreed to behave and keep it a banter free zone from my perspective.

Apologies to the other guys on this thread.

Edited by Shooboax

1 hour ago, Deeboy said:

You deleted a post saying you wanted Andreus banned and crying about mods having a go at you when he's posting things like that. I'm not blaming you for denying it, it was embarrassing. 

Just to address this accusation, wishing death on another poster is a pile of w**k no matter if you're blootered or stoned.

I help run a Pars site, I'd have banned the guy instantly for stuff like that.

I'm admitting to trolling but almost all of it is transparently bad and obvious, none was personal.So don't you attempt to make it so.

You want a word PM.

Again sorry for polluting your thread.

Agreed, playing sibbs on the wing isn't suited to him. Houston should give him a central role and let him play freely and not have to come back and defend. I think hippo should be let loose down that left wing. He's got pace, strength and skill. Something we definitely lacked yesterday. He should be in the starting 11 for me for sure.

So Sibbs not to defend! And Hippo in the starting line for sure. Lots of work required from our dads army of a midfield then!!

I apologised to Shoebox and then greenie'd his reply due to me being in the wrong. 

57 minutes ago, Shooboax said:

Not wanting to discuss this further than this particular post, here's my last word on it.

43 minutes ago, Shooboax said:

Just to address this accusation, wishing death on another poster is a pile of w**k no matter if you're blootered or stoned.

I help run a Pars site, I'd have banned the guy instantly for stuff like that.

I'm admitting to trolling but almost all of it is transparently bad and obvious, none was personal.So don't you attempt to make it so.

You want a word PM.

Again sorry for polluting your thread.

But if you're going to say you won't talk of it anymore, at least do it and shut your pus. Don't come back near 15 minutes later crying about it again for fucks sake.

2 hours ago, Deeboy said:

I apologised to Shoebox and then greenie'd his reply due to me being in the wrong. 

But if you're going to say you won't talk of it anymore, at least do it and shut your pus. Don't come back near 15 minutes later crying about it again for fucks sake.

You assumed. You made a c**t of it. You then offered a crawling apology. Off your belly and get back on your arse, that's a more natural position.