The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Liam Henderson to Cowdenbeath on loan. That's another centre mid summer signing surplus to current requirements.

I think it shows Houston determining if he will be in next years plans or not by doing this.

Leahy should've taken one for the team and put him half way up the stand first tackle.

Hippo and Leahy should of played on the left in that game. I agree with the tackle chat but leahy is shocking in the challenge. If we had Grant in that game I am sure that's exactly what would of happened.

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was signed for the development team so not really surplus.

He'll still play for the development side too.

Aye, i thought he may start to feature in first team squad with rankin away for the 2nd half off the season which now isn't happening. That's why I said current requirements (first team ones)

Hopefully the loan system works for Henderson as it hasn't for the majority in recent years with players kicking their heels with the only bonus that he still can play for the development team.

We still have Kerr, Craigen, Sibbald and Taiwo who can play centre mid and one or two still from development squad for the bench

Hopefully the loan system works for Henderson as it hasn't for the majority in recent years with players kicking their heels with the only bonus that he still can play for the development team.
We still have Kerr, Craigen, Sibbald and Taiwo who can play centre mid and one or two still from development squad for the bench

I suppose he'll be playing and training with the development side as well as Cowdenbeath although how will that work fitness wise?

I think any player around 20+ who hasn't had proper first team action needs to get out and play or they might find themselves in trouble getting contracts here or elsewhere. You see countless players with great reviews and records from development games who can't replicate it for the first team

Do loan players to part time time teams do much training with the club they are loaned out too ? Even if it's just twice a week and with Falkirk the rest of the time there would be no difference to what he would be doing week in week out as a full time professional with the exception of featuring mid week for the 20s.

I'd love to know the meagre amount of cash BBC Alba pay for live games. I'd wager it doesn't cover what you lose off the gate & hospitality. The Morton game may have had a decent travelling support too.

Steady

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I'd love to know the meagre amount of cash BBC Alba pay for live games. I'd wager it doesn't cover what you lose off the gate & hospitality. The Morton game may have had a decent travelling support too.

They dont pay anything. Or at least not to the clubs. The fee for live coverage of league games goes into the league pot.

6 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Do loan players to part time time teams do much training with the club they are loaned out too ? Even if it's just twice a week and with Falkirk the rest of the time there would be no difference to what he would be doing week in week out as a full time professional with the exception of featuring mid week for the 20s.

At a guess I'd say he'd train with the loan club both nights they train and will train with Falkirk in between? As you say effectively still training 4 days a week but will do less with Falkirk. I know they do train at least once a week with the loan club purely from playing 5's at the same time Brechin were training at little kerse and the ginger god Sheps was in attendance.

My humblest of humble apologies. I'll try to be more restrained in the future. [emoji14]
When you go to U20 games you can hear everything the players shout at each other, including nicknames. After a while you start to pick them up and use them in conversation.

Its like listening to ffctv commentary

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Going head to head with 1 of Man C V Liverpool, Spurs v Southampton, Stoke v Chelsea, Middlesbrough v Man U or West Brom v Arsenal will see shitey viewing figures too

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Going head to head with 1 of Man C V Liverpool, Spurs v Southampton, Stoke v Chelsea, Middlesbrough v Man U or West Brom v Arsenal will see shitey viewing figures too

Only for fannies that would rather watch the EPL than Scottish games. Like you :P