The Falkirk FC Thread

Both goals for me lie at Gallacher, Leahy maybe would've done better at the 1st as he is decent in the air and would've booted the 2nd over the stand. Gallacher is 17 and you get these moments with players that age but hopefully it will be a good learning curve for him.

The first goal started because the captain gave the ball away. Had that not happened Morton would never have got into that position. Ok the young lad got caught under the ball at the first but he should never have been put in that position in the first place

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I don't disagree, it was Gallagher's naivety that cost us the goals however I was replying to Trump's assertion that Grant and Leahy playing wouldn't have improved us.

I think we're now in a position to get all of our best players in the team playing 3-5-2, however I'd be amazed if Houston tried it!

I'd go:

Rogers

Muirhead, Gasparotto, Grant

Aird, Taiwo, Sibbald, Leahy, Gallagher

McHugh, Hippolyte

That's 5 changes, we won't make 5 changes for Saturday and its shoehorning players into a formation. I wouldn't be surprised if we got three at the back on Saturday but with full backs and not wing backs.

The end of the day, I just want to see us play a practical formation and players to make the effort, the exact opposite of Saturday

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The first goal started because the captain gave the ball away. Had that not happened Morton would never have got into that position. Ok the young lad got caught under the ball at the first but he should never have been put in that position in the first place

How far do you take it back tho, we kicked off ?

If McCrackens ball out found Miller but he lost the ball, do you blame Miller ? Nope we should be defending a hell of a lot better no matter of the circumstances, after all it wasnt a short header back like Watson did in the second half. The communication between McCracken and Watson was non-existent and the same could be said throughout the team. 

No heart, no fight and no organisation sums up Saturday

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Taiwo is out for 4 weeks

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

That's 5 changes, we won't make 5 changes for Saturday and its shoehorning players into a formation. I wouldn't be surprised if we got three at the back on Saturday but with full backs and not wing backs.

The end of the day, I just want to see us play a practical formation and players to make the effort, the exact opposite of Saturday

I wasn't necessarily meaning Saturday coming (although I would go with it if everybody was available), I'm thinking more of longer term.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I don't think it would be shoehorning players into a formation either. I think they're all suited to it; that was my point.

Only question mark for me would be how Aird would do at wing back rather than as an out an out winger?

How far do you take it back tho, we kicked off ?
If McCrackens ball out found Miller but he lost the ball, do you blame Miller ? Nope we should be defending a hell of a lot better no matter of the circumstances, after all it wasnt a short header back like Watson did in the second half. The communication between McCracken and Watson was non-existent and the same could be said throughout the team. 
No heart, no fight and no organisation sums up Saturday

It was about 10 seconds before the cross came in

The Daily Mail (I know, I'm sorry) are reporting that Barcelona have been watching Tony Gallagher. Puts them in the same bracket as Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and Stoke. I hope for his sake they weren't watching on Saturday. 

I can see someone making a bid this month to save a battle in the summer. Probably a Stoke type club coming in with about 300-400k. You'd imagine our board would bite your hand off for that.

It was about 10 seconds before the cross came in

The time is immaterial although it was longer than 10 seconds, we won and lost the ball once or twice out wide and the play went from one side of the park to the other inbetween the bad ball out before the ball came in. I'd put more the blame on Muirhead and Kerr losing the ball after winning it than a bad ball out from the back. First and foremost, you defend what's coming at you, either from midfield or defence, not expecting our defenders to be able to pinpoint a 40 yard 50 yard ball out.

We simply don't defend in front of the defence after the loss of Vaulks

Sorry that's nonsense, Raith, Hibs, QOS, Dumbarton and now Dundee united have all used the loan market well and have key players for the year or 6 months of the season. We have a had a goalie and a right back who never played under Houstie

I wasn't just talking about the Houston era.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Saturday will be Grant and Luca at the back, hopefully two up front and Aird/Hippo either flank. We wont look anywhere near as bad as at Morton.

Only my prediction of course, but any negativity re the Morton game should be directed at Houston for why he felt it appropriate to not select our best 11.

Not so sure TBH that Luca will play. Coaching staff not happy with his weight apparently

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The time is immaterial although it was longer than 10 seconds, we won and lost the ball once or twice out wide and the play went from one side of the park to the other inbetween the bad ball out before the ball came in. I'd put more the blame on Muirhead and Kerr losing the ball after winning it than a bad ball out from the back. First and foremost, you defend what's coming at you, either from midfield or defence, not expecting our defenders to be able to pinpoint a 40 yard 50 yard ball out.

We simply don't defend in front of the defence after the loss of Vaulks

Utter tosh. The goal all stemmed from McCracken giving it away. Had he not nothing after it would have happened

Utter tosh. The goal all stemmed from McCracken giving it away. Had he not nothing after it would have happened

If it came back the way it came through McCracken then I'd see your point and not the opposite side and via two poor parts of defending from Kerr and Muirhead when the ball was won, obviously your defending rule book is different from mines so we will have to agree to disagree

The Daily Mail (I know, I'm sorry) are reporting that Barcelona have been watching Tony Gallagher. Puts them in the same bracket as Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and Stoke. I hope for his sake they weren't watching on Saturday. 
I can see someone making a bid this month to save a battle in the summer. Probably a Stoke type club coming in with about 300-400k. You'd imagine our board would bite your hand off for that.

I really hope we don't sell the family silver at the first stage again. And if we really have to then we get a high percentage sell on agreement

16 hours ago, MrDust said:

If it came back the way it came through McCracken then I'd see your point and not the opposite side and via two poor parts of defending from Kerr and Muirhead when the ball was won, obviously your defending rule book is different from mines so we will have to agree to disagree

I am not disputing there mistakes after he gave it away. But he gave it away leading to us losing a goal.

Surely not difficult to understand that?

Whole team have been rotten recently and every single one of them are guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply across the whole of this season.

We need a stronger leader on the pitch, to replace the energy Vaulks had IMO.

whats he up to now? Loan return a possibility? 

Vaulks is getting a regular game at Rotherham and played the whole game away to Newcastle last weekend. No chance of a loan I'm afraid.

I'm more interested in what the club is playing at regarding Gallacher. What do we reckon? Board forcing Houston to play him to put in the shop window? Or merely a snowballing of a young talent being looked at by much bigger clubs?

I am not disputing there mistakes after he gave it away. But he gave it away leading to us losing a goal.

Surely not difficult to understand that?

As is agree to disagree....... 

Reports say Falkirk are looking for 750k for gallacher. Which means that's their opening negotiation point. Probably accept 500k. I really hope if he does go we contract in a decent sized sell on clause. Real money there. 20pc on a future 10m not unrealistic if he ends up moving on would mean another 2m and funding a promotion charge (in 3 years when we are still languishing in the championship)

Vaulks is getting a regular game at Rotherham and played the whole game away to Newcastle last weekend. No chance of a loan I'm afraid.

I'm more interested in what the club is playing at regarding Gallacher. What do we reckon? Board forcing Houston to play him to put in the shop window? Or merely a snowballing of a young talent being looked at by much bigger clubs?

I would think he's played as Houston thought he was ready.

It's only the press that have picked up on him recently. He's been tracked by clubs for a long time