The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I've read a load of poor comments and feedback regarding Joe McKee on here, let's give the guy a chance to see what he can do. He's not even kicked a ball for us yet.
Think back to players like Mark Millar who played for Morton also, struggled, came on to a game with us, signed by DU and couldn't kick his own arse up there, came back to us and changed our season and was fantastic.
Who knows, this guy may just fit the bill and gel with Sibbald, Hippolyte and Aird. Think it's important to give the guy half a chance, maybe come May we'll be hoping to sign him!!!
Come on ye Bairns

Mark Millar didn't play for Morton. I doubt McKee would work beside Sibbald. Could be wrong but Sibbald doesn't usually do the defending in midfield? Seem quite similar types of players.

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure every Falkirk fan is surprised any incoming transfer happened albeit hoping we swapped Craigen for anyone. 

The whole midfield has been our problem due to the dynamics of it changing and the pishness of the replacements. Kerr has been made the scapegoat now that the Rankins not Vaulks cry has gone but I never once heard Sibbald is not Vaulks.

Time will indeed tell re the McKee signing, some players just fit in at clubs and hopefully McKee does

Id have loved a marque signing but, if you think our signing policy since relegation is gonna change anytime soon, then you seriously need to change your mindset. I've been very critical of Housties signings recently and however easy it is to write someone off due to previous, its best to sit tight and wait and see, where is the joy in the I was right he's useless when I judged a player I really know nothing about.

I think if we had a Rankin or Taiwo on the bench on Saturday, they'd have been used to freshen up the middle when St mirren were pushing us but our only option was Craigen, now there's my thinking..... McKee surely can't be as slow as Craigen but like Craigen, I'll reserve judgement till he's played in navy blue

Sibbald isn't really a central midfielder.  He's a number 10 playing in a team that don't play with a number 10. Rankin on the other hand was just shit.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

update on who showed up at my work, Taiwo, Watson and Craigen not at all excited or interested.

I'm presuming you're a webhelp employee who was at the Sun photoshoot today?

The players do various stuff during the week to promote the club, retail, sponsorships etc. They'll turn up, smile for the camera and pose as requested by either the photographers or members of the public. I watched Luca and Sibbs pose for pics with literally hundreds of kids on Sunday night at the Inchyra. They're always professional and polite, which I think as fans is all we can ask of them. I've also seen them show a lot of empathy and respect when visiting places like the hospital childrens ward and Strathcarron.

Asking them to be excited when they visit a call centre might be pushing it a little. You will get the odd one who feels a connection to the company they're posing for pictures with, such as Will Vaulks & Legion Scotland last year due to his family history.

If you want to see them excited and interested, go along to the next Junior Bairns event. Many of the squad are fathers themselves and it's obvious that they love coaching and playing with the kids. I always think they shine in that environment and I wish that some of the folk who abuse them on a matchday could  see that side of things.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm presuming you're a webhelp employee who was at the Sun photoshoot today?

The players do various stuff during the week to promote the club, retail, sponsorships etc. They'll turn up, smile for the camera and pose as requested by either the photographers or members of the public. I watched Luca and Sibbs pose for pics with literally hundreds of kids on Sunday night at the Inchyra. They're always professional and polite, which I think as fans is all we can ask of them. I've also seen them show a lot of empathy and respect when visiting places like the hospital childrens ward and Strathcarron.

Asking them to be excited when they visit a call centre might be pushing it a little. You will get the odd one who feels a connection to the company they're posing for pictures with, such as Will Vaulks & Legion Scotland last year due to his family history.

If you want to see them excited and interested, go along to the next Junior Bairns event. Many of the squad are fathers themselves and it's obvious that they love coaching and playing with the kids. I always think they shine in that environment and I wish that some of the folk who abuse them on a matchday could side that side of things.

I work in recruitment in the other side of the building, only walked past them once i cant really comment on how they acted, was just gutted big Peter didnt show up. I feel like im being digged at for the excited comment, wasn't meant in any seriousness they were just mucking about with footballs and taking pics.

Players are happy to represent their club, but don't always come across as being so. 

Then you get the likes of Joe Cardle. He was out walking his dog one day when some young Pars fans asked for his autograph (I think it was on a ball or the lads shirts) but they didn't have a pen. Joe went home, grabbed a pen, went back and signed whatever the lads wanted. This is something those lads will never forget, and it was very little effort for Joe to give them that life long memory. 

I think any player will give a bit back to their teams local community, but won't always do it with a big cheesy grin. The fact they give the time to promote their club should be applauded whether they look happy about it or not. 

1 minute ago, P475 said:

Players are happy to represent their club, but don't always come across as being so. 

Then you get the likes of Joe Cardle. He was out walking his dog one day when some young Pars fans asked for his autograph (I think it was on a ball or the lads shirts) but they didn't have a pen. Joe went home, grabbed a pen, went back and signed whatever the lads wanted. This is something those lads will never forget, and it was very little effort for Joe to give them that life long memory. 

I think any player will give a bit back to their teams local community, but won't always do it with a big cheesy grin. The fact they give the time to promote their club should be applauded whether they look happy about it or not. 

Tbf they were handing out free pies so i didnt give a f**k what their face looked like.

26 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

I work in recruitment in the other side of the building, only walked past them once i cant really comment on how they acted, was just gutted big Peter didnt show up. I feel like im being digged at for the excited comment, wasn't meant in any seriousness they were just mucking about with footballs and taking pics.

Sorry mate I didn't mean to have a dig. Maybe I was a bit defensive of the players, but I just get annoyed at some of the unfair crap that gets aimed in their direction. And it's not easy to tell on a forum who's joking and who's serious.

Big Peter did the one at St Mungos last week so it probably wasn't his turn today. They're all basically giving up their free time after training so they tend to share the workload about. Albeit the ones who live locally do more than the ones who don't.

32 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry mate I didn't mean to have a dig. Maybe I was a bit defensive of the players, but I just get annoyed at some of the unfair crap that gets aimed in their direction. And it's not easy to tell on a forum who's joking and who's serious.

Big Peter did the one at St Mungos last week so it probably wasn't his turn today. They're all basically giving up their free time after training so they tend to share the workload about. Albeit the ones who live locally do more than the ones who don't.

Nah i would be the first to praise the players for the amount they do in the local community, top blokes. Ffs wish i was still at school now.

31 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the club do pretty well to gain sponsors & in turn promote them when they can. My only gripe is we continue to use that complete rag of a paper, The Sun.

As much as I dislike the Sun, they do still have the highest circulation in Scotland.

1 hour ago, P475 said:

I'm not surprised. Pars players, fans and staff are a cut above the riff-raff seen elsewhere #morethanaclub

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm not surprised. Pars players, fans and staff are a cut above the riff-raff seen elsewhere #morethanaclub

Yep, more than a club......

Modern day Robin Hood, only stealing from everyone