The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Cheers guys, thanks for the info.  I look forward to seeing how he and Gasparotto progress, the Canadian national team needs all of the good young talents we can get and if they can get quality playing time at Falkirk then all the better!

Gasparotto by the way has a lot to learn IMO. He tackles ok and rarely misses a header (in fact I can't remember him ever missing one) however his positional sense and anticipation can let him down. Think he could be a good defender if he manages to rectify this though.

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Gasparotto by the way has a lot to learn IMO. He tackles ok and rarely misses a header (in fact I can't remember him ever missing one) however his positional sense and anticipation can let him down. Think he could be a good defender if he manages to rectify this though.

The good news is that those are all teachable things and he's still only 21 so he has time.  

As a Canadian I'm wondering what Falkirk fans think of Fraser Aird and Luca Gasparotto?  I was impressed by what I saw from Aird when he was playing for Vancouver but he hasn't gotten too much playing time since he joined Falkirk from Sevco.  

Nothing to do with Falkirk, but who's Canada's keeper?Ricky Gomes is with us just now and is most probably better than him.

12 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Nothing to do with Falkirk, but who's Canada's keeper?Ricky Gomes is with us just now and is most probably better than him.

Milan Borjan has been the starting goalie in most competitive games.  If the Canadian Soccer Association wasn't so badly run it would have been Asimir Begovic...

Killie's next manager is gonna be Gary Holt apparently, how can someone f**k up a championship team, make a premier league team a bang average championship team in England (albeit as assistant) and still land a job in the top league in Scotland, ridiculous.

Hope he relegates them.

Milan Borjan has been the starting goalie in most competitive games.  If the Canadian Soccer Association wasn't so badly run it would have been Asimir Begovic...

I think you need some help from the holy goalie. Gomes has been outstanding since he's joined us, think he has a few U21 caps for Canada?

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

How's Scotty Arfield playing for you?

He's been pretty good for the National team so far,still a bit weird to think of Arfield as a Canadian, but we have lost players like Owen Hargreaves and Jonathan de Guzman to other national teams due to fathers born in different countries so sometimes the shoe is on the other foot, although I'm not sure Hargreaves and De Guzman for Arfield is a fair trade...

As for the goalie situation, Gomes has represented Canada at both the U20 and U23 level.  We have been trying some youngsters from Canadian MLS/USL teams in recent friendlies against the likes of Mauritania and Bermuda but our March 22 game in Scotland will be a much tougher test so we will see who the coaching team see as a long term option

Edited by senorsoupe

Could we possibly catch Hibs for the title or is that overly optimistic or damn right stupid? We are 40-1 with the bookies. All ifs and maybes but if we beat Morton and Raith can somehow manage a win at home using the "lets show the new manager what we can do" scenario it would be down to 9 pts!.....Yeah no chance!! [emoji24][emoji24] We are 40-1 for a reason and bookies are very rarely wrong or skint!!

44 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Could we possibly catch Hibs for the title or is that overly optimistic or damn right stupid? We are 40-1 with the bookies. All ifs and maybes but if we beat Morton and Raith can somehow manage a win at home using the "lets show the new manager what we can do" scenario it would be down to 9 pts!.....Yeah no chance!! emoji24.pngemoji24.png We are 40-1 for a reason and bookies are very rarely wrong or skint!!

Highly unlikely unless they start to lose goals.

They're not as good a team as they were under Stubbs IMO but I think Lennon will make sure that they stay focused and don't start 'Hibsing it'. 

Highly unlikely unless they start to lose goals.
They're not as good a team as they were under Stubbs IMO but I think Lennon will make sure that they stay focused and don't start 'Hibsing it'. 

That's true, can't see them throwing it away now under Lennon. 2nd is the best we can hope for and after seeing United last week that surely must be well within target to avoid the first play off.