The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

He was superb on Saturday, not only his link up play but the way he bought several fouls and looking gloriously sexy at the same time is a joy to behold.

Miller at his best is a very clever player....he's the best in the world at controlling a ball on his chest & bringing it down..in the air he's all about clever flicks to his partner & Bairds buzzbomb style is perfect for that

HOUSTIE OUT

I realise I'm in a very, very small minority, a minority of one but I would like him to leave. A poor Utd team & a less than impressive Hibs side meant we should have been challenging for promotion. He has scrambled about all season to try and find a decent combination and more by luck than design has stumbled across it. The board just as culpable in wasting a very good chance at automatic promotion. If no promotion this season then it surely must be time to say goodbye?

Posted on onef earlier than visiting cappielow yesterday actually made me realise that after ten years or so now I don't miss brockville anymore and am glad we are now at TFS. I have great memories at brockville but like yesterday sat in a cramped main stand with a terrible view while watch our fans stand behind uncovered goals getting soaked in driving rain and paying for the pleasure. We've moved on I have a great view at TFS loads of room and am dry. Also we now have memories at our new stadium. It's taken time but it's definitely starting to feel more like home now and am getting more attached to it.

Posted on onef earlier than visiting cappielow yesterday actually made me realise that after ten years or so now I don't miss brockville anymore and am glad we are now at TFS. I have great memories at brockville but like yesterday sat in a cramped main stand with a terrible view while watch our fans stand behind uncovered goals getting soaked in driving rain and paying for the pleasure. We've moved on I have a great view at TFS loads of room and am dry. Also we now have memories at our new stadium. It's taken time but it's definitely starting to feel more like home now and am getting more attached to it.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Aye, although I think if and when we build the new stand it should have some sort of individuality to it and attached in some way to the other two stands too. Just to try to avoid the whole place being too shoeboxy. 

Aye, although I think if and when we build the new stand it should have some sort of individuality to it and attached in some way to the other two stands too. Just to try to avoid the whole place being too shoeboxy. 

Maybe the corners will have part of the rumoured new hotel (attached to the new stand) in them? That be good.

It's more the location of the stadium than the facilities I find I miss. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the terracing and enjoy trips to Cappielow/Somerset but agree what we have at TFS is better. A good view and large playing surface just makes the whole set up feel more professional. I think with an East Stand and corner pods the stadium as per the original plans will look absolutely cracking tbh. Having a fully enclosed stadium will make the atmosphere better by keeping the noise in as well

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's more the location of the stadium than the facilities I find I miss. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the terracing and enjoy trips to Cappielow/Somerset but agree what we have at TFS is better. A good view and large playing surface just makes the whole set up feel more professional. I think with an East Stand and corner pods the stadium as per the original plans will look absolutely cracking tbh. Having a fully enclosed stadium will make the atmosphere better by keeping the noise in as well

For some reason on Saturday the away stand seating was reduced from the last 2 visits by 1/3rd (estimate). Felt for the fans being soaked behind the goals as the stand was full. The squad players along with Bairdie & son were allowed to sit in that 1/3rd. area previously allocated to the away support up until half time then told to find seats within the Falkirk support ? What changed at half time ? The squad all managed to get seats together at the expense of at least one family coming back to find there seats taken. Cappielow stand seats are terrible as you get a knee in your back from not just McDonald's clientele but Weight Watchers too. So would like to know why the stand allocation was reduced.         

8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Build a cowshed type stand minus the pillars terracing at the back for those that want a standing area and 5 or 6 rows of seats along the front for the kids/older folk.

Build a cowshed type stand minus the pillars terracing at the back for those that want a standing area and 5 or 6 rows of seats along the front for the kids/older folk.

Agree about the terracing but will never happen. It'll be all seating or at best, safe standing but I'd wager it'll be all seating.

Whatever is built it'll compliment the existing North & South stands I'm sure in terms of height.

20 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Probably not the best example to compare Brockville to. Our main stand at Brockville was far superior in size, leg room, view and smell. My first season ticket was for the main stand as we didn't do terracing season tickets at that point, think I've still got it somewhere.

I used to enjoy Morton when it was the split covered terracing as it was like for like as I used to stand similar at Brockville for years but I agree with the sentiments re Brockville on the whole but still in my mind miss it, tho body prefers the comfort in later years.

I think last season has eased a bit of the heart with easily the best atmospheres in the ground to date, pre to last season I had the winner v QOS in the play offs being the best celebrated goal at the TFS on its own. I now have a few more to add to that now from last season, hopefully more to add to it this season