The Falkirk FC Thread

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 13:29, bridge of allan bairn said:

I sit in the main stand behind the dugout and am surrounded by thoroughly decent people who in the main are supportive of the players. There are a few complete roasters though whose voices are heard above all others even from some distance. I do think there is a genuine belief among most fans at the moment that certain things aren't working or Kerr and taiwo together and Baird this gets us off on the wrong foot especially like the first twenty minutes yesterday which was awful to watch. Again we ended up the stronger team though imo we ran out of time though so why not start like this or change earlier?

I also sit here...& I am a total & utter fucking roaster

I was working at the stadium yesterday so went in all the stands and got to say, it's a cracking new stadium that could be rocking with the right crowd.

I have been critical of the stadium and the atmosphere in the past... In reality I think we have a God damn cheek.

When you consider some of the shit hole stadiums we've visited like Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton, QOS, Alloa, Cowdenbeath etc. We really consider ourselves fortunate to have such a great stadium.

Sometimes the grass is never greener on the other side.

Just my opinion

I have been critical of the stadium and the atmosphere in the past... In reality I think we have a God damn cheek.

When you consider some of the shit hole stadiums we've visited like Ayr, Morton, Dumbarton, QOS, Alloa, Cowdenbeath etc. We really consider ourselves fortunate to have such a great stadium.

Sometimes the grass is never greener on the other side.

Just my opinion

I'm liking this new, positive thinking bejazz.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well ask Houstie as that's what he said on FTV.

I'm very well aware what was wrong with Hippo. I'm just passing on my own opinion on what I seen with my own eyes.

Just a point but didn't Pete say Lee Miller was out til the playoffs? I was certainly told of this.

Play off time is almost upon us again. Looking at the Premier League Table, it's hard to predict who will end up in the second bottom play off spot, ICT look doomed here.

Now that Hartley has left Dundee, they could be a good bet to finish second bottom, but then again Motherwell have been flirting with the play offs over the last few seasons and Hamilton are also a tough nut to crack. That 7-0 at Ross County is still in my mind.

One thing for sure, after last season's attempt, I would take anyone lightly despite their current league position

Play off time is almost upon us again. Looking at the Premier League Table, it's hard to predict who will end up in the second bottom play off spot, ICT look doomed here.
Now that Hartley has left Dundee, they could be a good bet to finish second bottom, but then again Motherwell have been flirting with the play offs over the last few seasons and Hamilton are also a tough nut to crack. That 7-0 at Ross County is still in my mind.
One thing for sure, after last season's attempt, I would take anyone lightly despite their current league position

If I was to pick, I'd take Dundee or Hamilton out of that lot. They don't really any individuals that I can think of that worry me. I'm pretty confident if we'd handled magennis last year instead of us allowing him to absolutely butt f**k Leahy then we'd have went up.

On 4/16/2017 at 17:54, ShaggerG said:

If the ticket price was the same it would be good if we could move from one stand to another during the game like we did at Brockville. I'd maybe sit in the ES when we're attacking the away end and move round when we switch ends.

That would be excellent. I think most in the South Stand would take that option. In the first half it would improve the atmosphere and give the players a lift. You could even keep around 1/3 of the new stand empty for away support. I know it would only get used occasionally but the 1600 or so in the South Stand would fill out the other 2,000 seats pretty well. Being closer to the away support (rather than opposite ends as it is currently) for at least a portion of the match would create a better atmosphere too

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hamilton for me. Dont want leg two in a big full stadium again. Even if I cant get a ticket id prefer to avoid Well or Dundee.

Agree with this. Play Hamilton and it's almost like playing at a neutral venue with us getting almost 50% of the tickets. They don't even have a home 'goal' to attack in the second half. Playing in a sold out Dens or Fir Park would be a lot more tricky to negotiate imo