The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

When did Houstie come out and say he wanted to trade Sibbald for Stanton?

He did say that he won't stand in the way of players who have opportunities to better themselves so I can understand us accepting a bid for Sibbald.

However if Sibbald goes he won't be easy to replace.

I don't really know Stanton that well but if he is an option he appears to be reasonably well rated.

Not sure I understand the negativity towards the club and manager (again).

We just brought in Loy FFS!

Have you been on One F lately its full of Houston out and i think a majority would pack Sibbalds bags and drive him to Luton themselves.

Sad to see a fans forum so negative towards the club.

If the money isn't used to strengthen the team then that's the bod or managers  fault. The opportunity will be there to make the team as a whole better. We need to take advantage of that.

Even if it was made available then would you trust our manager to be able to do that? Nothing in his track record convinces me.

Have you been on One F lately its full of Houston out and i think a majority would pack Sibbalds bags and drive him to Luton themselves.

I had a look at One F the day Loy signed and a couple of posters even found negativity in that, Fecking unbelievable [emoji21]

Yes, I kind of gave up going there when I started to realise I was developing suicidal tendencies.

Even if it was made available then would you trust our manager to be able to do that? Nothing in his track record convinces me.

I rather think if Alex Ferguson was our manager you'd find nothing in his track record to convince you.

Maybe I have woken up from a long term coma but have we not finished second for the last few seasons to big budget opposition and been in a Scottish Cup final?

When did Houstie come out and say he wanted to trade Sibbald for Stanton?

He did say that he won't stand in the way of players who have opportunities to better themselves so I can understand us accepting a bid for Sibbald.

However if Sibbald goes he won't be easy to replace.

I don't really know Stanton that well but if he is an option he appears to be reasonably well rated.

Not sure I understand the negativity towards the club and manager (again).

We just brought in Loy FFS!

Nowhere has he said Stanton for Loy, however his track record tells me that is exactly where we will end up, signing a player within his 30 mile radius policy or someone he has managed before.

I've also no issue with Sibbald leaving as he deserves to play at a higher level. I had hoped that would be with us but I have made it quite clear why I think that hasn't happened, therefore surely not hard to work out my negativity towards the manager/board, even for you.

Loy is a good move and a step in the right direction but the overwhelmingly positive reaction for me has been in part because we fans have been starved of any signs of life from the club.

One signing doesn't make a summer but you are obviously easily seduced & good luck with that.

Nowhere has he said Stanton for Loy, however his track record tells me that is exactly where we will end up, signing a player within his 30 mile radius policy or someone he has managed before.

I've also no issue with Sibbald leaving as he deserves to play at a higher level. I had hoped that would be with us but I have made it quite clear why I think that hasn't happened, therefore surely not hard to work out my negativity towards the manager/board, even for you.

Loy is a good move and a step in the right direction but the overwhelmingly positive reaction for me has been in part because we fans have been starved of any signs of life from the club.

One signing doesn't make a summer but you are obviously easily seduced & good luck with that.

No, I think criticism is fair when merited.

However, We have brought in the signing just about everyone wanted, and have a good integrated squad with cover in most positions. Therefore at this point I cannot understand the levels of negativity being directed towards Houstie and the Board.

I rather think if Alex Ferguson was our manager you'd find nothing in his track record to convince you.

Maybe I have woken up from a long term coma but have we not finished second for the last few seasons to big budget opposition and been in a Scottish Cup final?

If you are having a go then try and to so within the realms of reality please. However what is the big deal? Why do feel the need to try & convince me otherwise when we are miles away in terms of what we think success is. Don't read my posts, don't engage and I think we will both be happy. As for the coma comment, I was going to say that would be wishful thinking but that would also be cruel & over the top, so I won't say it.

If you are having a go then try and to so within the realms of reality please. However what is the big deal? Why do feel the need to try & convince me otherwise when we are miles away in terms of what we think success is. Don't read my posts, don't engage and I think we will both be happy. As for the coma comment, I was going to say that would be wishful thinking but that would also be cruel & over the top, so I won't say it.

Believe me, given the negativity you and a few others, especially on OneF, come out with, my point is realistic.

I actually think that some of our fans have a detrimental impact on our prospects. The constant attacking of individual players before they have even settled in based on nothing more that speculative views probably impact on confidence and performances on the park. It seems to be Harris's turn before he has even played a competitive game. He's here now, let's get behind him and give him a chance.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a support who collaboratively got behind the club and inspired the players on the park?

Re disengaging and not reading your post, it would be a really interesting forum if we never debated or disagreed no matter how ridiculous I may find your thoughts.

Re the coma comment....I think you just did. [emoji51]

Anyone looking to One F for balanced & reasoned debate is going to be disappointed.

Anyone wanting shot of Sibbald is an arsehole.

However anyone that can't see why despite the signing of Loy there isn't a fair few significant things to be concerned about isn't really being honest.

There seems to be a group on here that see any criticism as disloyal or not being a true fan. That is bullshit. I think this forum works best when there is healthy debate from the boy boys (like I am at the moment) and the happy clappers.

However when outsiders get involved and criticise...they can go f**k themselves.

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Honestly think I watch a different sport from some of our fans.

If anyone doesn't recognise just how good a player Sibbald is and how much of a miss he is going to be then I've no idea what you've been watching the last 5 years.

Totally agree.

Some people posting pure bullshit on here.

I agree Houston has done well in the circumstances. My only grievance with him is the type of football he employed last season. Okay we finished second but games especially at TFS were often painful to watch. His reliance on Kerr in the holding midfield role often left as losing any fast forward moves. Houston went for the steady and safe approach which does not warm fans up on a cold November Saturday. I am beginning to wonder if he will ever have us playing fast fluent exciting tactics.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely. I loved it when Craigen finally showed up in the 3-0 game v Utd at home. Was delighted for him and also in the playoffs.

I just think when Sibbald scores theres a bit more about the crowd and its because hes exactly what everyone wants in their team. Local lad who has came through the ranks, been there for years and wears it on his sleeve.

Who ever we get to replace him wont be one of those.

Brilliant point mate.

We all want to be the fan and local boy playing for the team we love.

Craig has lived that dream. Been a hero of mine and my son's for a while now. A great player for us and anyone who says any different is an arsehole.

And yes I do celebrate his goals more than anyone's except BSLM or Mark Kerr.

Good luck and go with my blessing Craig son.

Believe me, given the negativity you and a few others, especially on OneF, come out with, my point is realistic.

I actually think that some of our fans have a detrimental impact on our prospects. The constant attacking of individual players before they have even settled in based on nothing more that speculative views probably impact on confidence and performances on the park. It seems to be Harris's turn before he has even played a competitive game. He's here now, let's get behind him and give him a chance.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a support who collaboratively got behind the club and inspired the players on the park?

Re disengaging and not reading your post, it would be a really interesting forum if we never debated or disagreed no matter how ridiculous I may find your thoughts.

Re the coma comment....I think you just did. [emoji51]

Conversely a support littered with happy clapping deluded morons that seem to accept their lot and question nothing leads to the tartan army. A group that celebrate failure and cheered and shouted to keep a manager in position that had just failed in achieving his primary target. Whilst we are not in their league of accepting mediocrity yet you heading in that direction, actually you may very well be the chair. Whatever ever the polar opposite of One F is then maybe that is the place for you.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As has been mentioned before the main problem with sibbald is we have never played him in a role that gets the best out of him. He's too slow to play out wide and when played as a centre mid he ends up too deep and doesn't get into the areas around the box where he can do his best work.  If the money for him allowed us to strengthen other areas of the team then I wouldn't be too disappointed in him moving on. He had little impact in the two playoff games against United especially the first leg when he was poor and Houston seems very reluctant to play him as a number 10.

His best season was at left mid and his best performances this season were at left mid. My game of the season for him was away to Queens, he was hungry, delivered with skill, dig and effort. He never reached those levels in the centre for me, he done well but not as good as he has done on the left consistently for me.

I dont think he has a killer pass in him,his set piece play isnt great, he has a fear at times using his right foot strangely when he scored a wonder goal at Hearts with it, he can at times be muscled out of games tho has proven he can muscle his way in, the former happens more tho.

I have enjoyed watching Sibbald but I think there is a reason why he hasnt left like others afore him have. I doubt he will make it down south tbh but I do hope he goes there for the £s coz we will end up settling for a smaller fee and add ons that we will never get if an SPL team comes in.

The link up play with Leahy was a joy to watch, his goals, his effort in achieving the best for us and skill on the ball has been a joy. He will be missed but I think we will improve if he goes in cover and options. I think Scotland is his level, of which he could be a big player, he will get dwarfed down south

I preferred him in a free role behind the striker like he played away to queens in the cup quarter final a few years back. Scored a great goal and always looked dangerous at the edge of the box. Too often in other positions he was stuck around our half way line with 3 or 4 opposition players round him.

Sibbald has been a good player for the club but it's time he moved on. Too often he's been shoehorned into a position that doesn't suit him and reduces his impact. He needs a team built around him but Houston seems uninterested in doing that so it's in everyone's best interests that he moved on and we get cash for the manager to sign players that suit the formations he wants to play. Whether Houston signs the right players is another thing but if he does I think we will be a better shaped side than last season.  If sibbald does move on it will be interesting to see how he does down south. Again will a team like Luton though use him in the right way.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Brilliant point mate.
We all want to be the fan and local boy playing for the team we love.
Craig has lived that dream. Been a hero of mine and my son's for a while now. A great player for us and anyone who says any different is an arsehole.
And yes I do celebrate his goals more than anyone's except BSLM or Mark Kerr.
Good luck and go with my blessing Craig son.

[emoji115]

Conversely a support littered with happy clapping deluded morons that seem to accept their lot and question nothing leads to the tartan army. A group that celebrate failure and cheered and shouted to keep a manager in position that had just failed in achieving his primary target. Whilst we are not in their league of accepting mediocrity yet you heading in that direction, actually you may very well be the chair. Whatever ever the polar opposite of One F is then maybe that is the place for you.

Yet more abusive comments directed my way to try to defend your failing position.

One thing I am not is a 'happy clapping deluded moron', nor will I accept mediocrity. I have my moments at games when I more than lose it...although that's the exception rather than a default position.

However what i do have is a sense of realism. I have said it before, we are not a Raith or a Dunfermline or a Livingston. I think the club has made progress under Houston, albeit slowly.

I happen to think that getting behind the team this season will have a more influential effect than constant negativity.

Do I think there are positions that could be filled? Yes. Do I want Houstie to take action? Yes, if there's a better available option out there who wants to play for us.

What I don't do is make constantly scathing comments towards the manager and players because they don't do everything I want, irrespective of circumstances, budget etc.

5 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I agree Houston has done well in the circumstances. My only grievance with him is the type of football he employed last season. Okay we finished second but games especially at TFS were often painful to watch. His reliance on Kerr in the holding midfield role often left as losing any fast forward moves. Houston went for the steady and safe approach which does not warm fans up on a cold November Saturday. I am beginning to wonder if he will ever have us playing fast fluent exciting tactics.

Houston was clueless throughout last season, we had no settled team, we ended a season where most supporters POTY was the same player because no one really performed that good over the season like the manager. 

Houston had some bewildering teams selections, his subs cost us game (notably the last utd game) whereas the season afore his subs won or got us a draw.

I still dont know how we finished 2nd, tho utd went about a dozen games without a league win, we can only hope less choice in the squad brings back the settled 11 again like it was 2 seasons ago because the bigger squad did us no favours

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Houston was clueless throughout last season, we had no settled team, we ended a season where most supporters POTY was the same player because no one really performed that good over the season like the manager. 

Houston had some bewildering teams selections, his subs cost us game (notably the last utd game) whereas the season afore his subs won or got us a draw.

I still dont know how we finished 2nd, tho utd went about a dozen games without a league win, we can only hope less choice in the squad brings back the settled 11 again like it was 2 seasons ago because the bigger squad did us no favours

I agree at times we were playing a different front two virtually every week and our centre midfield also changed regularly. We need a lot more consistency in selection this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog