The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

32 goals is not to bad return for 80 games tbh 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Baird did a job but unfortunately he was finished by the time it came for him to move on and that shows in where he now ply's his trade.

I'm not arguing about his return, was mentioning that pretty much since the 60's we've hardly ever had a player that has stuck around long enough to break 30 goals.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Houstie was the most stable manager we have had in a long time, with good backing from the board. Didn't get us out of the league. We got two distant second place finishes and another cup final defeat, No point whatsoever repeating that. We've done experienced manager, we've done young manager. Neither worked. So, we try this. Might not work either.

Biggest issue with your above, is that any manager at this level that is good, young and promising won't come anywhere near us as they will be wanting to play at a higher level now.

We could look down a division, but who down there in League 1 or 2 fits that bill?

Couldn't agree more.

I'd give Hartley first quarter as a minimum.

If we are lower in the table than Alloa, then I'd go for Goodwin, or Hopkin (if still unemployed)

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not arguing about his return, was mentioning that pretty much since the 60's we've hardly ever had a player that has stuck around long enough to break 30 goals.

Especially strikers.  Majority since then will probably be midfielders.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Jamie Maxwell at Rangers
Kieran Offord at St.Mirren
Lucas Williamson at Rangers
Kerr Robertson at Rangers
Jack Hodge at Hibs
Dominic Lavell at St.Mirren (was with Falkirk from 9 and is from Clydebank
Kenzie Nair at Hearts
Adam Laidlaw at Hearts

Hearts took around 6 players, St.Johnstone 12.

That enough for your tracker? emoji6.png

Cheers BPM. All have been noted.

James Maxwell looked a cracking player when he came on against Dundee Utd at Glebe Park. There was definitely potential there. His dad used to be the head honcho at the Inchyra and was an Ayr fan. Nice bloke too.

Jack Hodge came along to U20 matches once or twice but I don't think he ever got any game time. 

Dominic Lavelle was another one who was part of the squad a few times. He played up at Fraserburgh against Aberdeen. I mind thinking he didn't look out of place, which for a debut appearance against one of the best teams in the country suggested he had potential.

None of the other names are familiar to me.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

And Baptie, can't be far off 30.

I'd expect the likes of crunchie, gunner, baptie, may, Mcgivern and Houstie to be there or there abouts in the 30 goal plus table. Only Sam was a striker really with baptie playing in midfield or at the back for most of his career. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Letting Bairdy go was a mistake. He had another season in him with us. We couldnt put the ball in the net for long periods last season. Forgot what it felt like to score for about 2 months. We could have done a lot worse than Bairdy during that spell . Ideally it would have been Loy and Austin up top and Bairdy off the bench.

And you cant say he's finished because he's 'plying his trade' at Forfar. He's player / assistant manager. He'll be on a lot more than a standard Forfar player.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd expect the likes of crunchie, gunner, baptie, may, Mcgivern and Houstie to be there or there abouts in the 30 goal plus table. Only Sam was a striker really with baptie playing in midfield or at the back for most of his career. 

Pretty much why I brought him up, great achievement for mainly a defender. Even most of them didn't do much more than 35 or so goals. We're terrible at holding onto good strikers, and great at holding onto average ones. 

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Letting Bairdy go was a mistake. He had another season in him with us. We couldnt put the ball in the net for long periods last season. Forgot what it felt like to score for about 2 months. We could have done a lot worse than Bairdy during that spell . Ideally it would have been Loy and Austin up top and Bairdy off the bench.

And you cant say he's finished because he's 'plying his trade' at Forfar. He's player / assistant manager. He'll be on a lot more than a standard Forfar player.

I can say that hes finished  certainly at championship level.  He struggled at ICT and was punted on loan to Morton before being released.   He was punted at the right time its just the fact that his replacements turned out to be pish that would want anyone to have kept hold of him last season.

Just now, DeeBairn said:

Pretty much why I brought him up, great achievement for mainly a defender. Even most of them didn't do much more than 35 or so goals. We're terrible at holding onto good strikers, and great at holding onto average ones. 

Most clubs at our level find it hard. If someone sticks the ball in the net on a regular basis and your in the scottish championship then they wont be with you for long unfortunately. Another reason why we desperately need to get out of this league.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Did not expect that, thought we were done

Hoping the Don can shift on the ones that are stinking out the place and slot in a wee loan here and there 

PS lads get the Tena Men on eh, 1 League game played ffs

Edited by superandy_07

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Odd signing

I can only presume with Brough being injured and the fact that Mcghee played there before on saturday that Hartley wont be giving robson a game any time soon.

Edited by Shodwall cat