The Falkirk FC Thread

I actually think that after initially looking great Robson regressed a bit towards the end of the season last year and didn't look great when I've seen him this year either albeit in pre-season.

Agreed that the squad is too big though, the chat about 18 first team players seems to have gone out the window. We've signed 16 and have kept on a fair few on.

Would really like us to start emptying out the deadwood as soon as possible and see what we're left with. 

Its possible that Hartley now considers Robson one for the future and has put him into the reserve/development squad.  Be interested to see what happens there.

It does make me wonder if Broughs injury is worse than was suggested by Hartley and that he's going to be out up to December.

Given that none of can consistently pick what Hartley’s team or game plan is going to be, then we have precious little chance of predicting  if a signing is imminent, who the signing will be, and what position they are expected to play.

if he is predominantly left footed, I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if he plays at right back with his prime job being to stop a wide player cutting inside (an area we looked frighteningly ropey on Saturday). The belief might well be (given the height we have at the back) is that a winger getting in crosses is less of a threat than one cutting inside and us losing more goals like the one on Saturday.

Doubtless another theory that PH will rubbish come team selection for Maryhill.

Robson played lwb last season and I can't remember much about him playing left back. I've wondered if he's trying to turn him into a left mid and doesn't fancy him at left back.

Robson did start off well but like Tumilty he regressed quite a bit and became a bit frustrating to watch

21 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Quite the entitled little b*****d, aren't you? Biggest crock of shit so far. 

So should they let everyone in for nothing and foot the bill for that too? Should the players and managers only get paid when they win? Would you work on those terms? Because that's what you are suggesting, the people responsible for the results pay the money. 

Or is it just the board, not the managers and players? 

So should they let everyone in for nothing and foot the bill for that too? Should the players and managers only get paid when they win? Would you work on those terms? Because that's what you are suggesting, the people responsible for the results pay the money. 

What the hell are you slavering about, you seem a bit confused, it's pretty clear I've not suggesting any such thing.

They should be paying because they own the club and they made the decisions that got them in the mess in the first place.

They had to loan the money to the club as  a consequence of their decisions and the decisions of the managers  they appointed.

Fact...the money they loaned the club was paid back to them mainly from selling our best players.

It's not rocket science. Good decisions = success on the park = more income from gate receipts, prize money etc = a bigger percentage from gate receipts, prize money and player sales goes to the team budget = more success on the park = no loans required.

To sum up, the soft loan situation was and always will be entirely of their own making.

Apart from that you always seem very angry?

Entitled, I don't think so. Seems to me your main tactic on here is to talk utter shit, get owned by facts, cry about it and throw insults.

Wibble Wibble...

2 minutes ago, rocketman said:

What the hell are you slavering about, you seem a bit confused, it's pretty clear I've not suggesting any such thing.

They should be paying because they own the club and they made the decisions that got them in the mess in the first place.

They had to loan the money to the club as  a consequence of their decisions and the decisions of the managers  they appointed.

Fact...the money they loaned the club was paid back to them mainly from selling our best players.

It's not rocket science. Good decisions = success on the park = more income from gate receipts, prize money etc = a bigger percentage from gate receipts, prize money and player sales goes to the team budget = more success on the park = no loans required.

To sum up, the soft loan situation was and always will be entirely of their own making.

Apart from that you always seem very angry?

Entitled, I don't think so. Seems to me your main tactic on here is to talk utter shit, get owned by facts, cry about it and throw insults.

Wibble Wibble...

Kindly go troll someone else.

Would you rather they let the club die? I don't remember any protest when we were spending the money. Everyone was very happy at the money being spent, nobody seemed overly concerned where it was coming from. We were all happy at Yogi being bribed to stay another season with money we didn't have. After he left halfway through the season there was literally no money left to bring in anyone of a similar level, so we got donkeys. Would you rather we went another 500k in debt to bring in another proven manager and some more players. Who would pay for that? You? Soft loans didn't just save the club, it financed a big chunk of the good times. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Who do you think you are owning? Certainly isn't me.

If you don't pay loans back when you've got money, you don't get any more loans when you need money.

Never ceases to amaze me why folk think businessmen should throw money away. Every £ put into a club is expected to return £+X. 

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Kindly go troll someone else.

Would you rather they let the club die? I don't remember any protest when we were spending the money. Everyone was very happy at the money being spent, nobody seemed overly concerned where it was coming from. We were all happy at Yogi being bribed to stay another season with money we didn't have. After he left halfway through the season there was literally no money left to bring in anyone of a similar level, so we got donkeys. Would you rather we went another 500k in debt to bring in another proven manager and some more players. Who would pay for that? You? Soft loans didn't just save the club, it financed a big chunk of the good times. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Who do you think you are owning? Certainly isn't me.

Everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

You seem to ask and answer a lot of your own questions.

Since you already know what I'm thinking I won't bother owning you any further.;)

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Just now, rocketman said:

Everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

You seem to ask and answer a lot of your own questions.

Since you already know what I'm thinking I won't bother owning you any further.;)

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine.

I'm just sitting here feeling owned, alrighty then.

Watch Russell join Irvine and Haber as our best signings so far !!

A strange one if we have paid £s for him and only gave a 6 month contract, still we paid £s for Mackin and a 1yr contract.

I'm all for getting McGhee away from left back but the Robson scenario is strange, he rarely featured in cup games/pre season and its only natural to add 2 +2 together and it maybe 4 or 5

He gave the foul right away but, IMO, it was a classic example of a referee looking for a reason to give a foul. He saw an Inverness body go down and blew (there's no way he could have seen through 5 or 6 bodies to see Haber pulling a defender's shirt. Besides which he clearly indicated it was for pushing, not shirt-pulling)

Edited by NewBornBairn

I heard that he was off to St Johnstone after trialling with us, never heard the outcome though. Looked decent against Airdrie especially the second half.
AV6K2471.JPG.b18f8976e2839f11da11931834837e00.JPG
Is this the boy that played left wing first half and didn't look great but switched to left back in the second half and looked a lot better.

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

It's at the stage now I am more looking forward to players released than signed. 

Apparently McKee, Harris and Shepherd were offered deals to leave and said no. But the quicker we can somehow get them away the better. Might be able to get a right back in.