The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, TurbineTon said:

Can't see us waiving a fee which we're entitled too.  Hopefully you have paid over the odds. It's about time Falkirk started paying their way. 

If we've paid anything it will be buttons  . We've virtually spent all our budget already.

4 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Can't see us waiving a fee which we're entitled too.  Hopefully you have paid over the odds. It's about time Falkirk started paying their way. 

Fee will have been arranged before the contract was signed. We're not daft, and it will be pennies. Your board has screwed you again. Lol

Just now, EdiBairn said:

Why else would you sign another left back when we already have one sitting on the bench?

apparently he plays RB aswell, or at least did for us as a trialist.

or maybe he just doesn't fancy Robson at LB in a 4,  doesn't mean they have had a fall out

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Fixed it for you.

I'll save you the bother, last genuine players we sold that had come through the Academy were McGrandles and Kingsley, for a shade over 1.3 million, which was excellent. As you say, that money went to replay the loans that had to be paid in by the owners to keep the club afloat...due to decisions THEY made.  

You can argue that was a waste if you want, most people would want that kind of money back when it's available.  It's their business, their f**k up. They should pay for it. Not their product (the team) or their customers (the fans). The fans and the team paid for it not them.

Just now, falkirkzombie said:

apparently he plays RB aswell, or at least did for us as a trialist.

or maybe he just doesn't fancy Robson at LB in a 4,  doesn't mean they have had a fall out

I thought we'd worked out that was Watt not Russell??

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought we'd worked out that was Watt not Russell??

was it, soooo many new players, 

still just cause we have signed another LB certainly doesn't mean there's been a fall out as shepps put it

Edited by falkirkzombie

Absolutely incredible signing. Why on earth do we need a left back when already have 2, one of whom was one of our best players last season? Especially when we have no right back.
The only explanation I can see is that Robson and Hartley have had some sort of issue, which would be yet another one to add to the list.

Oh f**k me he’s back at it with the Hartley fall outs.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hartley certainly cant use not being backed by the bod as an excuse if things go Pete Tong this season thats for sure.

My concern is what happens if this season doesn't work out. We now have 26 first team players on the books(albeit including Harris, McKee and Shepherd whose wages still need to be paid.)

It also doesn't sound much like the quality over quantity mantra that was emphasised strongly before the season.

We are all trying to second guess a guy who keeps his cards close to his chest.

With this signing, I would guess that Robson will rotate between fullback and Wing depending on how Greenwood and the new guy get on. 

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

We're already playing players out of their natural positions . I'd hope if we were signing a right back we'd sign a right back and not someone who doesn't mind playing there but its not their favoured position.  Otherwise we're as well playing Muirhead or Mcghee.  Surely he'll be playing on the left.

I shall now run down the hit parade of Falkirk FC goalscorers in reverse order.
I'll give you a minute to let you mentally pick a few you think will be in there.
Note. Goals are all 1st team competitions. League Scottish Cup League Cup Challenge Cup and the odd other one like Summer Cup and Europa League. Basically everything apart from Stirlingshire Cup and training. Dewar's Shield also excluded as it's basically a Stirlingshire Cup winners v other district cup winners thing.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

8 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Quite the entitled little b*****d, aren't you? Biggest crock of shit so far. 

So should they let everyone in for nothing and foot the bill for that too? Should the players and managers only get paid when they win? Would you work on those terms? Because that's what you are suggesting, the people responsible for the results pay the money. 

Or is it just the board, not the managers and players?