The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Undoubtably we are being held back by inept leadership. Appointing a committee might work in a bowling club but a football club needs a devoted leader with more money than sense. MR has lots of sense and will only put in money if its a loan  but to be fair to him would you do any different. He and his cohorts quite rightly enjoy their Saturday club  days out & if there is no white knight  on the horizon then we had all better get used to championship mediocrity. Countless poor decisions including the stadium design were the responsibility of the current leadership. And whilst I don't doubt the current chairperson is a devoted fan I'm afraid that's not enough to bring to an end the pent up frustration at the lack of relative success when measured against results achieved by clubs who are not any bigger but have a stronger leader.(with a financial interest) Sacking a few more managers won't solve the problem but instead  just paper over the rather obvious crack! We have had ten years of mediocrity for a very obvious reason and only when there's change at the top will there be hope below. In the meantime we should all be genuinely thankful for the frugality of our current leaders as at least they keep the club solvent and put in a power of unpaid work to achieve this. Having their own Saturday club is probably fair  recompense for their efforts but don't expect the expected should be our mantra for now! 

Really depressing reading.

Falkirk FC should not be a wee weekend hobby for a couple of wealthy retirees, that's what golf clubs are for.

I doubt the people who run Hamilton or St Johnstone have any more cash flowing than our bod and the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren are now fan owned and yet are still doing better than us.  Its not the financial backing of the bod that is the issue its the way they are spending the money that is the big problem.  St Johnstone for instance keep changing managers every couple of seasons due to the success of the ones they continually bring in.  They dont appoint duffers like May and Pressley. Hamilton have done far better at getting top dollar for their players whilst we've sold too many to the first punters that rocked up with a half decent bid.  Will be interesting to see the bank balance at this years AGM after all the player in and outs this year especially if we're struggling and have to panic buy a few more before the window closes. We were in a very good place financially a few years back but have managed to do absolutely nothing fruitful from a footballing sense with that cash which is being frittered away year on year.  In fact I'd say that currently we are further away from promotion than at any stage since we came back down.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

If we lose to Queens on Sat I would like our man from falkirk TV to ask Hartley the question "do you think the squad you have assembled can win this league!" 

If we lose to Queens, the more appropriate question would be either "do you think you can keep us in this league?" or possibly "do you think you will be here after Christmas?" 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I doubt the people who run Hamilton or St Johnstone have any more cash flowing than our bod and the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren are now fan owned and yet are still doing better than us.  Its not the financial backing of the bod that is the issue its the way they are spending the money that is the big problem.  St Johnstone for instance keep changing managers every couple of seasons due to the success of the ones they continually bring in.  They dont appoint duffers like May and Pressley. Hamilton have done far better at getting top dollar for their players whilst we've sold too many to the first punters that rocked up with a half decent bid.  Will be interesting to see the bank balance at this years AGM after all the player in and outs this year especially if we're struggling and have to panic buy a few more before the window closes. We were in a very good place financially a few years back but have managed to do absolutely nothing fruitful from a footballing sense with that cash which is being frittered away year on year.  In fact I'd say that currently we are further away from promotion than at any stage since we came back down.

this is my big worry - how much cash have we wasted on the duds we brought in this summer. and whats left in the pot to replace them if we need to.  agree with sentiment in last sentence. started off summer with high expectations but my optimism bubble has popped. fear the rest of season now.

1 minute ago, faedenny said:

this is my big worry - how much cash have we wasted on the duds we brought in this summer. and whats left in the pot to replace them if we need to.  agree with sentiment in last sentence. started off summer with high expectations but my optimism bubble has popped. fear the rest of season now.

Yet another lie from the board. I highly doubt a mix of loan players and Gateshead and Morecambe castoffs has blown a hole in anything to be honest. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

Yet another lie from the board. I highly doubt a mix of loan players and Gateshead and Morecambe castoffs has blown a hole in anything to be honest. 

I think you'd be surprised to be honest. Lets not forget what the average is like down south even outaide the top 4 leagues. None of these guys will be uprooting themsselves to come up here for peanuts.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think you'd be surprised to be honest. Lets not forget what the average is like down south even outaide the top 4 leagues. None of these guys will be uprooting themsselves to come up here for peanuts.

Possibly. 

I can't see the individual wages being higher that the average we had had before. If the budget is done, it'll more likely by the volume of contracts, rather than individuals wages that will have done it. 

19 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If we lose to Queens, the more appropriate question would be either "do you think you can keep us in this league?" or possibly "do you think you will be here after Christmas?" 

As things stand right now I don't see him lasting until the end of September never mind Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Possibly. 

I can't see the individual wages being higher that the average we had had before. If the budget is done, it'll more likely by the volume of contracts, rather than individuals wages that will have done it. 

I dont see them being on fortunes but when you take into account accomodation costs etc they must be being paid a decent amount to cover them and more.  There's also signing on fees etc .  At least we havent been paying out much in win bonuses:(

Only four days to discuss it before we enter the world of:

A) Totally unacceptable. QotS are dire, yet beat us easily. Somebody’s head needs to roll for this utter shambles. Relegation isn’t a possibility, it’s near enough certain.

B) Well that was rubbish. Yes, at least it’s a point, but there is absolutely no progress whatsoever, and we were right, FFC have signed a bunch of duds. Another relegation battle beckons.

C) Finally a win, but that was totally unconvincing, and all Hartley has done is buy himself another week. We look mid table at best.

D) Where did that performance come from? We have never looked remotely capable of owning anyone (up until today).

We would need Disney Corp to make D come true. I really can’t make my mind up between A, B and C. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A) Totally unacceptable. QotS are dire, yet beat us easily. Somebody’s head needs to roll for this utter shambles. Relegation isn’t a possibility, it’s near enough certain.

B) Well that was rubbish. Yes, at least it’s a point, but there is absolutely no progress whatsoever, and we were right, FFC have signed a bunch of duds. Another relegation battle beckons.

C) Finally a win, but that was totally unconvincing, and all Hartley has done is buy himself another week. We look mid table at best.

D) Where did that performance come from? We have never looked remotely capable of owning anyone (up until today).

We would Disney Corp to make D come true. I really can’t make my mind up between A, B and C. 

D should read. 

Where did that performance come from? We have never looked remotely capable of owning anyone (Queens must be horrendous so it really doesn't count). 

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

In the finest traditions of over-reaction, and in homage to my favourite 1980s popcorn movie, I have started the process of the Marty McFly fade on the Don’s image.

Can he get it right and bounce back in vivid technicolour?

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We would Disney Corp to make D come true. I really can’t make my mind up between A, B and C. 

A is the most likely. I'd take B in all honesty, which may well show how grim the season is looking already. If C happens then we can but hope it pushes the guys on a bit. 

Frankly, if D happens Hartley can have his pick of the local rides, on the house. 

I'll even buy the fat fucker a bucket of chicken. 

Edited by DeeBairn

35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

A is the most likely. I'd take B in all honesty, which may well show how grim the season is looking already. If C happens then we can but hope it pushes the guys on a bit. 

Frankly, if D happens Hartley can have his pick of the local rides, on the house. 

I'll even buy the fat fucker a bucket of chicken. 

Surely need an 

E) Fluke result and I still feckin cant stand Hartley.

Aye, but if I had added E, The I would have needed  F) “It’s only three games, lots of time yet. If we win our remaining 33 games, we will stroll this league. In Hartley we trust”.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Aye, but if I had added E, The I would have needed  F) “It’s only three games, lots of time yet. If we win our remaining 33 games, we will stroll this league. In Hartley we trust”.

Aye your right there.