The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m not upset but he’s just a fanny trying to seek attention on Twitter.
Why are you such a big fan of him ? Are you actually him ??

Yes I’m Conrad. I’m an attention seeking w****r who is only posting stuff on Twitter because I’m stuck at some shitty P/T team and no one ever talks about me anymore.

Course not. I’m not a huge fan of the guy in fact I thought he was incredibly overrated when he was at Ayr but it wouldn’t be a shock if there was merit to the rumours.

2 Scots, an Englishman and an Irish man? McCall, Hopkin, Clark and Goodwin?

But then again maybe he’s just talking shite.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes I’m Conrad. I’m an attention seeking w****r who is only posting stuff on Twitter because I’m stuck at some shitty P/T team and no one ever talks about me anymore.

Course not. I’m not a huge fan of the guy in fact I thought he was incredibly overrated when he was at Ayr but it wouldn’t be a shock if there was merit to the rumours.

“Rejected” implies “offered”. You seriously giving house room to four offers and four rejections before the board had even held a meeting? 

8 minutes ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

I wonder if Oran Kearney the Coleraine manager is in for the Falkirk job?

Mind his name was being mentioned after Ross left St Mirren and think he was linked with others...

He’s Kenny Shiels son in law and Dene Shiels brother in law so I sincerely hope not or he may end up divorced and in a family feud.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Clark? Goodwin? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think our keepers are. Robson, McGhee, Irving & Russell, even Kidd isn’t. Haber isn’t, nor is Greenwood. You could make a case for Lewis not having played in the right position or received the right service to give him a chance to prove his worth.

The big issues are centre of defence, and midfield as a unit.......that’s where we have been utterly horrific.

A good manager could get a tune out of our team, it might have a few bum notes now and again but be effective

A bad manager could seriously make it worse tho

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think our keepers are. Robson, Irving & Russell, even Kidd isn’t. Haber isn’t, nor is Greenwood. You could make a case for Lewis not having played in the right position or received the right service to give him a chance to prove his worth.

The big issues are centre of defence, and midfield as a unit.......that’s where we have been utterly horrific.

Not sure about Kidd and Haber but I think the other 4 are all good players, add McGhee to that too. I also think that Harrison just lacks pace.

For me, the jury's out on Lewis, Froxy and Sammut.

Not impressed at all with Dallison, Owen-Evans, Brough, Petra, Mackin, Turner & Paton.

I agree that the main issue is midfield. They don't take the pressure off the defence and don't create chances for the forwards either. I think this is the area that the new manager needs to address first, probably starting with the reinstatement of McKee.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a w****r because of a few tweets? Falkirk fans are sensitive souls.

And yes it is incredibly likely that he went part time because he realises he’ll need a job for when he retires and since he’s not interested in coaching it’ll likely be something away from the game.

A blogger

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not disputing your choice of insult. I’m wondering what he ever did to make Falkirk fans so upset? Wasn’t long ago some fans were saying he should’ve been offered an extension to his original six month deal so somethings clearly changed.

I don’t see why he would be bitter either. I’d say he’d be relieved to away from Falkirk looking at the state the club is in just now.

He never entered into the conversation until he tried to stir it tonight.

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Terry Butcher/ Dick Campbell as joint player managers apparently

Cmon now. 

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Hearing Butcher has been offered it.

Stop it. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Heard tonight Gary Caldwell has applied

Nggh

6 hours ago, brokeville said:

It’s getting a bit worrying as David Weirs name has crept into the frame I hope not.

*dies*

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Think any of the Gary Caldwell, Jim McIntyre or Ian McCall would be fine with most of our support on a positive note one good thing Hartley did was get shot of Sheps

Bring back Sheps, sweet prince. 

5 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

IMG_3234.jpg

Craigen and Balatoni can f**k off. 

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbf, the fax we sent out offering 60k a year plus a year’s free Friday nights at Benny Ts was turned down by Klopp, Pochettino, Warnock and Benitez. So fair play to Conrad for being inside the loop on that one.

He needs to grasp that if he has an issue, it’s with Hartley. Ultimately he was the man who deemed he was surplus to requirements.

He needs to accept its his own lack of talent he needs to keep in touch with. 

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because he’s planning a career for when he finishes with football and he stays in the area?

Balatoni has certainly riled you guys up.

I keep forgetting there's only Falkirk Fc and Edinburgh City in the central belt. Truly starved for football clubs, so we are. Poor Conrad, having no option but to slum it in the bottom league. 

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s Kenny Shiels son in law and Dene Shiels brother in law so I sincerely hope not or he may end up divorced and in a family feud.

Eyeballs at the ready. 

Guest Back Post Misses
It will be interesting to see just how bad our squad really is under a new manager.

We and I include myself in this have written the majority of them off but surely to f**k you can't be on Chelsea and Brighton's books and look like you have never seen a football before.

I pray to f**k that the issue has been Hartley and not the players and some of them actually turn out to be okay.

Everyone does but we are miles short of competitiveness IMO.

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm probably being a bit naughty here as I'm sure BPM will bite, but the BOD have actually listened to the fans over the last few appointments. Most of us (myself included) wanted Houston & Hartley brought in, and my gut feeling is that the new manager will be one of the four you've mentioned, which continues the trend of appointing popular managers. They also sacked the last two incumbents at pretty much the exact point when fan reactions to continual defeats meant they'd passed the point of no return. Compare that with the "no we won't sack him" speech from MR at the open-air meeting post HMRC-gate when he wouldn't even consider the idea of getting rid of Pressley, despite being told by multiple folk that the fans didn't want him.

Since the newer directors came onto the board they seems to be more receptive to fans opinions, as least when it come to the hiring and firing and managers. Which is why I doubt why we'll bring in someone who doesn't have any either close knowledge of the Scottish Championship or a track record of success at a higher level.

Mind you, I doubted that we'd get a doing from Queens on Saturday and I'm sure Mr Dust or Edibairn will quickly remind me how that turned out....

They have to listen. There were particular reasons why Pressley was given a new contract, one of them being he signed up to the huge collapse of the budget and agree to play 16 and 17 year olds. The strategy hadn't been shared with the support at that time and probably not too many managers would have fancied that gig. The budget dropped 70% remember.

On Hartley and his replacement I would probably argue they waited too long. The warning signs were out for me after the Montrose game and certainly the first 45 minutes v Forfar. However I am not so sure many would have pulled the trigger then.

When we spoke Friday I predicted a trousering and sadly it came to fruition. I also think it is fair to say Hartley didn't have the confidence of all the Board members so when the fans turned the outcome was inevitable.

I am hoping the new man in can galvanise an unbalanced squad with looks low on quality and definitely low on confidence. He certainly has to lift the moral of the place.

Worrying but at the same time exciting times in a strange way. Get a team on the pitch and the fans as always will get out in numbers and back the team.

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not sure about Kidd and Haber but I think the other 4 are all good players, add McGhee to that too. I also think that Harrison just lacks pace.

For me, the jury's out on Lewis, Froxy and Sammut.

Not impressed at all with Dallison, Owen-Evans, Brough, Petra, Mackin, Turner & Paton.

I agree that the main issue is midfield. They don't take the pressure off the defence and don't create chances for the forwards either. I think this is the area that the new manager needs to address first, probably starting with the reinstatement of McKee.

I think Fasan is awful. Mutch is decent.

McGhee is a serviceable centre half. I think a poor full back.

Robson is a solid option at left back. Russell might turn out ok. 

Muirhead, Dallison and Harrison are horrific. None are acceptable in a first XI.

Irving is the only midfielder I like. The rest are brutal. Even Greenwood doesn't convince me.

Don't like any of the forwards. Haber might turn out to be decent - he at least has some pedigree. 

So being generous that gives you 6 players who won't have us relegated. I'm not sure where you find 5 other names to put on a team sheet. 

The new manager has some job on. This is a relegation squad in my view.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

I think Fasan is awful. Mutch is decent. McGhee is a serviceable centre half. I think a poor full back.

Robson is a solid option at left back.

Muirhead, Dallison and Harrison are horrific. None are acceptable in a first XI.

Irving is the only midfielder I like. The rest are brutal. 

Don't like any of the forwards. Haber might turn out to be decent - he at least has some pedigree. 

So being generous that gives you 5 players who won't have us relegated. I'm not sure where you find 6 other names to put on a team sheet. 

The new manager has some job on. This is a relegation squad in my view.

I pretty much agree with this. 

Ever the optimist though I am hoping and praying that Hartley has been the problem and not all the players are gash.

Clutching at straws I guess.

Also hoping that if a new manager is announced today the club have been in dialogue with them re signings and we could get a couple of players in before the deadline.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a w****r because of a few tweets? Falkirk fans are sensitive souls.

And yes it is incredibly likely that he went part time because he realises he’ll need a job for when he retires and since he’s not interested in coaching it’ll likely be something away from the game.

He's 27 not 37. He's no age to be choosing to start settling down for retirement. Let's face it, he's at Edinburgh City showing sheps the local steak pie eateries because he is not good enough for this level. 

In all fairness thought Balatoni was decent just bad timing with his injury and obv he didnt fit in with Hartleys plans but the same time i think most of us have slated an ex employer at one time although doing it on social media probably isnt the best way to go about things given how employers check up on that sort of thing these days.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have to listen. There were particular reasons why Pressley was given a new contract, one of them being he signed up to the huge collapse of the budget and agree to play 16 and 17 year olds. The strategy hadn't been shared with the support at that time and probably not too many managers would have fancied that gig. The budget dropped 70% remember.

On Hartley and his replacement I would probably argue they waited too long. The warning signs were out for me after the Montrose game and certainly the first 45 minutes v Forfar. However I am not so sure many would have pulled the trigger then.

When we spoke Friday I predicted a trousering and sadly it came to fruition. I also think it is fair to say Hartley didn't have the confidence of all the Board members so when the fans turned the outcome was inevitable.

I am hoping the new man in can galvanise an unbalanced squad with looks low on quality and definitely low on confidence. He certainly has to lift the moral of the place.

Worrying but at the same time exciting times in a strange way. Get a team on the pitch and the fans as always will get out in numbers and back the team.

They gave pressley the job when we needed a manager with experience of working with tight budgets who can get the most out of every penny. Was entirely the wrong person especially if your only giving him the job as you knew he'd accept it. We'll very rarely have the biggest budget in this league so we need a manager capable of overachieving with what they have like the likes of ross and hopkin have done recently.