The Falkirk FC Thread

All fun aside, any of McCall, Caldwell,McIntyre or Hopkin would get general nods of content. Having said that, the BoD (with a wee bit of justification) might say “we listened to your collective logic last time”.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it tempting fate that at both Wigan and Chesterfield, Caldwell has inherited pish playing squads from an inept manager and ended up being relegated ??

Surely to f**k the players aren't that bad its just PH man management was w*nk, just appoint someone with decent man management with the tendency to get the best out of players though in all fairness PH ruthless streak was needed and he was vindicated on that by us escaping relegation.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

All fun aside, any of McCall, Caldwell,McIntyre or Hopkin would get general nods of content. Having said that, the BoD (with a wee bit of justification) might say “we listened to your collective logic last time”.

In all fairness we did escape relegation so in that sense it was job done which was the aim.

I'm not meaning to piss on the upbeat mood here, but Jim McIntyre lined up against us in the only game I've ever cried at.

Almost as bad as when we signed Paul fucking Wright.

I've fond memories of Taylor though. He was like a low budget Frank Lampard.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I'm probably being a bit naughty here as I'm sure BPM will bite, but the BOD have actually listened to the fans over the last few appointments. Most of us (myself included) wanted Houston & Hartley brought in, and my gut feeling is that the new manager will be one of the four you've mentioned, which continues the trend of appointing popular managers. They also sacked the last two incumbents at pretty much the exact point when fan reactions to continual defeats meant they'd passed the point of no return. Compare that with the "no we won't sack him" speech from MR at the open-air meeting post HMRC-gate when he wouldn't even consider the idea of getting rid of Pressley, despite being told by multiple folk that the fans didn't want him.

Since the newer directors came onto the board they seems to be more receptive to fans opinions, as least when it come to the hiring and firing and managers. Which is why I doubt why we'll bring in someone who doesn't have any either close knowledge of the Scottish Championship or a track record of success at a higher level.

Mind you, I doubted that we'd get a doing from Queens on Saturday and I'm sure Mr Dust or Edibairn will quickly remind me how that turned out....

2 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

If 4 managers have turned the job down, presumably the applications were pointless as we're going after people that aren't interested...

4 also seems a convenient number considering the herald printing we have  a short list of 4!

Indeed. So everyone who wanted the job, got close enough to make the shortlist and has had an offer suddenly changed their mind?

Hmm. Does anyone have an "I smell shite" gif?

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The board only met tonight at 7pm, how can they have approached & been turned down 4 times in less than 4 hours? emoji23.png. The news I’ve been told is that a certain Scottish manager has been approached & will decide tomorrow.

Is said Scottish manager currently in employment ?

12 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

If 4 managers have turned the job down, presumably the applications were pointless as we're going after people that aren't interested...

4 also seems a convenient number considering the herald printing we have  a short list of 4!

This ^ 

I don't think there's many managers or wana be managers that just stick application in for the sake of it...

I would imagine who ever has applied would want it, if offered and who's to say this shortlist of four is all applicants and not who the board are trying to get through choice...

If it's McCall, he has not applied - he will of been approached. 

Edited by Cheeringmango
Typo

Tbf, the fax we sent out offering 60k a year plus a year’s free Friday nights at Benny Ts was turned down by Klopp, Pochettino, Warnock and Benitez. So fair play to Conrad for being inside the loop on that one.

He needs to grasp that if he has an issue, it’s with Hartley. Ultimately he was the man who deemed he was surplus to requirements.

Edited by Duncan Freemason