The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

At the end of the day, there is a not insubstantial six figure cost to running an academy, which we funded for 8 seasons, during which time we failed to get out of this league.

I couldn't care less about local kids getting to play for the club they support. We're not a youth club- whether the cost is £100k or £500k, I'd much rather see it invested in the playing squad so that the club can do as well as possible. 

Just because Hartley and Mitch signed a lot of rubbish, doesn't mean that increasing the first team budget wasn't right. 

There are myriad reasons why we have been stuck in this league for the thick end of a decade, whilst countless clubs of no greater stature have prospered. The academy is not one of these reasons.

Some of the aims of this takeover group seem like pie in the sky unfortunately and more aimed at gaining support than really benefiting the club i.e. reinstating the academy. 

The decision was made rightly or wrongly and it needs to be followed through. Who is going to sign their kids up to a scheme that was axed only a year ago anyway?

To the best of my knowledge the “takeover group” consists of very serious individuals with the finances, skill set and passion for the club that are required to move the club forward. Pie in the sky gestures are not what these people are about.

The current fractured state of the relations between MSG, BOD, Chair and CEO cannot continue, positive change is required and it would seem that this group represent a genuinely credible alternative.

To the best of my knowledge the “takeover group” consists of very serious individuals with the finances, skill set and passion for the club that are required to move the club forward. Pie in the sky gestures are not what these people are about.
The current fractured state of the relations between MSG, BOD, Chair and CEO cannot continue, positive change is required and it would seem that this group represent a genuinely credible alternative.
From what I am being told they are fans who have followed the club for years. The type of people who have the club at heart and exactly who we want on our board.

Were the board anticipating the Falkirk Herald dropping this story on the day of the forum? Or framing it in such a way that supporters will now be going along tonight thinking they are standing in the way of a changing of the guard?

I would have liked to go purely to ask Ray why the f**k I have to be subjected to Paul Paton every week, but this has made things a bit more interesting.

Grandson sitting, so couldn’t make it. Was hoping this wasn’t going to be a schmoo -over with the “look what we are doing to elevate the club” bias of previous encounters.

Must admit, even without this meeting, I can’t see how Craig Campbell’s position is tenable let alone assured. I am still not convinced that the signings via Mitch were solely down to Hartley. I am not there to ask the question though.

Just now, southstand_bairn said:

Can’t say I’m shocked by that. I know I shouldn’t but I always get put off going by the outrageously stupid questions that get asked at these things

“Are you looking for players in the Highland League?”

f**k me.

Just now, JinkyBairn said:

“Are you looking for players in the Highland League?”

f**k me.

Christ, that’s bad. I bet someone reckons that’s how RC and ICT were both in the top flight at the same time.