The Falkirk FC Thread

Great to see the quality of signings Ray is bringing in so far. Real statement of intent for the fans and other teams in the league. Hopefully we can get the ownership issues resolved ASAP and season ticket sales will start to pick up. Certainly be interesting to see how many of the boycotters ever intended to buy one in the first place.

f**k off you tit.

5 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

I disagree, to get those types of players on board in the first place must show that there has at least been a promise of a decent squad to make sure we win this league. On a side note I've heard from a friend that we have apparently signed Andy Stirling, absolutely no idea how true it is but he seems pretty confident. Would imagine he could do a job at league 1 level.

Didnt mind Stirling when he was at Dumbarton, caused us a few problems in the past but has struggled with full time at QoS. 

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

McKinnon is saying the right things that's for sure. If he can add Telfer then the negative crap from last season looks on its way out. 

Fingers crossed I'm going to look a right numpty for wanting him sacked!

You don't become a decent manager winning league one with a full time team

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Worked fine for Jobby McCall.

A big difference in players McCall signed than McKinnon, players who would walk into all the teams in the league to players who couldn't get a game for their own clubs and probably others within the league

Edited by MrDust

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is a similar number of us who won’t purchase until they go too

There will be some who do but who won’t admit it like they won’t admit to voting Tory

Reckon there will be  biggish uptake on the last day of Earlybird, but even then, it’s unlikely to be much more than 50% of last season’s numbers.

That any BoD could think that the absolute mess of a statement last Tuesday was a) necessary, b) wholly truthful,  c) beneficial, then those same people won’t find it difficult to convince one another that the support will unquestioningly accept them as heroes if they decide not to sell up.

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Didnt mind Stirling when he was at Dumbarton, caused us a few problems in the past but has struggled with full time at QoS. 

You don't become a decent manager winning league one with a full time team

A big difference in players McCall signed than McKinnon, players who would walk into all the teams in the league to players who couldn't get a game for their own clubs and probably others within the league

Tidser, Buchanan and (hopefully) Telfer would walk into any team in this league. 

12 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Tidser, Buchanan and (hopefully) Telfer would walk into any team in this league. 

On paper for now but if we set up as we did last season, they wont show it

The players McCall signed, wouldn't have lowered down to this level

And we still did.....
Height can be a factor but its more to do with technique and aggression which should see 6ft ample enough if you  have one or both.
Yogi had both at 6ft
McGhee isnt that commanding aerial centre half and having played all positions available to him in the back 4/5, Id personally suggest his best position is in a back 3.
The fact its now June and this is the first whisper of another club being interested in him tells you all in how well he has done for us, Id keep him for sure but he isnt one Id be totally gutted isnt staying

A 6ft player that can jump is much more effective than a 6ft 3 that couldn’t jump over an envelope ![emoji23].... its all about technique!

27 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

A 6ft player that can jump is much more effective than a 6ft 3 that couldn’t jump over an envelope !emoji23.png.... its all about technique!

You watched Marcus Haber then

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

All you'll need now is to prize Michael Moffat away from Ayr and you'll have completed the grand trio of Dunfermline signings summer 2014.

7th place finish incoming.

Sorel Chemin  IMO 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Great to see the quality of signings Ray is bringing in so far. Real statement of intent for the fans and other teams in the league. Hopefully we can get the ownership issues resolved ASAP and season ticket sales will start to pick up. Certainly be interesting to see how many of the boycotters ever intended to buy one in the first place.

Note he doesn't say anything about the current lot going or new owners coming in - merely that "ownership issues resolved ASAP" , which could well mean the status quo. This is the start of it on the back of recent feel good signings.

This guy has always been a BOD patsy - I recall his "Margaret is just an unpaid volunteer, leave her alone" mantra from his EdiBairn days.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only my opinion but they won’t sell the club to the fans or it would have been done by now. 

The MSG and BOD have a duty to work on behalf of all shareholders not just 62% of the shareholding and they are not doing what they were instructed to do at the AGM.

Hence why I'm surprised at your hints that you know which of the MSG are behaving disgracefully (I think those were your exact words)  - and yet you won't name them. 

Yes, I can probably  find out who they are, but I'm not in a position to go on the offensive. And if some of our owners are putting self-interest before their duty of care to the club, then that story needs to be told. It should  be shouted out from the rooftops. 

The restrictions on me don't apply to your good self.  What have you got to lose by coming out and naming names? 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Hence why I'm surprised at your hints that you know which of the MSG are behaving disgracefully (I think those were your exact words)  - and yet you won't name them. 

Yes, I can probably  find out who they are, but I'm not in a position to go on the offensive. And if some of our owners are putting self-interest before their duty of care to the club, then that story needs to be told. It should  be shouted out from the rooftops. 

The restrictions on me don't apply to your good self.  What have you got to lose by coming out and naming names? 

Names or GTF BPM.

There is a similar number of us who won’t purchase until they go too

There will be some who do but who won’t admit it like they won’t admit to voting Tory

There are a similar group of us main stand stalwarts who are Tory through and through but we won’t buy until the new board are in place. There is no connection between our loyalty to the club and our political persuasion. I even have some lefty friends better a lefty than a fifer.

There are a similar group of us main stand stalwarts who are Tory through and through.

Was just sick in my mouth a bit tbh. There is nothing you can do without breaking the law that makes you a worse person than being a Tory in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

There are a similar group of us main stand stalwarts who are Tory through and through but we won’t buy until the new board are in place. There is no connection between our loyalty to the club and our political persuasion. I even have some lefty friends better a lefty than a fifer.

I at least trust a Fifer.